PDA

View Full Version : Canadian thanksgiving...

Nights
10-08-2001, 10:40 AM
Speaking of which (the title), how good is turkey for you again? Could it replace chicken for a week? Or do I get to watch the roomies eat the leftover turkey while I cook up yet another chicken breast... (only been working out two months or so.. oddly enough, I still love chicken after eating it every day.)

B.

syntekz
10-08-2001, 10:42 AM
Turkey is good to eat. Full of protein; just don't eat it if you're planning on working out that day. It puts you to sleep. ;)

Wizard
10-08-2001, 10:44 AM
Certainly,it's as good as chicken but as MA mentioned the L-tryptophan will make you wanna go to bed... to sleep of course.

Nights
10-08-2001, 12:14 PM
...I thought the sleeping part was just a myth. But will two turkey sandwiches a day really have that much affect on the energy levels, or is this only if I go overboard and eat it non-stop?

B.

syntekz
10-08-2001, 12:15 PM
No; it will put you to sleep. :)

Taras
10-08-2001, 07:13 PM
Everybody reacts differently. Try it, if you feel sleepy, drink some coffee.

Bax
10-08-2001, 07:25 PM
I eat turkey almost as much as I eat chicken. Turkey is a great source of protein. I love this time of year cause it's real turkey turkey instead of just the frozen turkey breasts, but it's all good. Never usually makes me sleepy. I think the reason people mainly get sleepy off of turkey is because when you eat Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner it is a big feast with lots of food. You eat way more than you are supposed to in one sitting, you get bloated and sleepy. We always eat these meals at around 3pm. I have a fair size plate but not overkill and then around 6:30 or so, I go back for some more turkey. Works for me at least. I don't know your stats but I would imagine that two turkey sandwhich's would not have any negative effects on your energy level. Just be careful what you put on them and what type of bread you use:)