PDA

View Full Version : Getting my diet down.....

phatmonky
04-22-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm using Fitday.com (it's VERY handy!!!)

I finally have a combination of foods that are a variety. My split for pro/carb/fat calories is 38%/38%/24%

I'm taking in just over 2600 calories (slowing my bulk down a little to ease on this gut I started getting).
I have a variety of carbs, protein, veggies, and fruits. Taking vitamins and eating my foods containing EFA's.

Only concern is that of my fat intake, because the largest part of it is saturated. Looking at fit day this is almost all coming from my milk-based(2%) protein drinks , and the three eggs I'm eating in the morning. I'm taking in only 70grams of fat, and 29 of it is saturated. Is this too much? I hate the idea of cutting out the eggs. That leaves the protein drinks as the target to deal with. The drinks are just 2 cups of milk with why protein added.

Suggestions?

Spartacus
04-22-2004, 10:25 PM
try 1% or skim?

Shark
04-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Cut out some of that saturated fat and add flax oil, fish oil, olive oil, or even stuff like mayonaise.

phatmonky
04-22-2004, 11:51 PM
Cut out some of that saturated fat and add flax oil, fish oil, olive oil, or even stuff like mayonaise.

What are you suggesting I should remove in order to cut that sat. fat??
Thanks for the replies :)

Shark
04-23-2004, 12:08 AM
I would really need a better idea of what you're eating. I can't imagine two glasses of milk and some eggs is getting you 70 grams of fat.

phatmonky
04-23-2004, 05:57 AM
I would really need a better idea of what you're eating. I can't imagine two glasses of milk and some eggs is getting you 70 grams of fat.

25 grams of fat from 4 cups of milk (2 protein drinks).

22 grams of fat from 3 eggs.

That alone is 47/70. And almost ALL of my saturated fat.

I also eat total with my breakfast. That takes in another 7 fat from the milk there. Perhaps I could switch to oatmeal? But we this isn't he big contributor.

Everything else is chicken, veggies, fruits, yogurt..... Nothing else is even NEAR double digits the eggs and protein drinks.

If need be, I can type out the whole diet. Thing is, I know where the problem lies. I just dunno what to replace it with, or to what extent I need to replace it.
I dunno what whey protein would taste like in water...but probably not very good hehehhe

geoffgarcia
04-23-2004, 08:27 AM
yah, 50% saturated fat is to high.
aim for 10-30%
Saturated fat also slows down metabolism

also, once your familiar with fitday (a few weeks)
I recommend you download dietorganizer (free trial version) and compare the two. I think it offers a lot more than fitday.

Spartacus
04-23-2004, 11:28 AM
try 1% or skim?

Dedicated
04-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Or try powdered milk, much much cheaper and you can use 1 serving which is typically 80 calories to make 2-3 cups of milk if need be. This will help alot. I also eat eggs btw, and found that powdered milk has let me cut down on cost and saturated fat.

ryuage
04-23-2004, 01:25 PM
yah, 50% saturated fat is to high.
aim for 10-30%
Saturated fat also slows down metabolism

also, once your familiar with fitday (a few weeks)
I recommend you download dietorganizer (free trial version) and compare the two. I think it offers a lot more than fitday.

in terms of what?

phatmonky
04-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Powdered milk it is. Thanks! And I will check out that software :)