PDA

View Full Version : UD2 162 grams of carbs in one shake .... oh man

wleon
04-23-2004, 12:17 AM
UD2 162 grams of carbs (weight x carbs) in one shake .... oh man...

I love carbs I been having a terrible ( but very useful) week in UD2 nausea, weakness, etc .. but today when carbs loading came in... I turn out to be the happiest man in the world, my headaches when away, I had energy, I feel so good.

but If I understand correcly I am to take two shakes after my workout

each with a combination of 162 grams of carbs and 54 grams of proteins .

that is a lot !! I am using dextrose ( is that ok?) for the carbs in the shakes, that makes for a very sweet drink ..

( it mention to have some fructose too ... where are you getting this from.. fruits ?)

hooligan_media
04-23-2004, 05:09 AM
just don't start liking carbs too much... but that's fine. dont forget to drink lots of water to flush it all down into your system. Though I'm not sure I want all those carbs post workout. But thats me being paranoid about stupid stuff perhaps.

TheGimp
04-23-2004, 06:14 AM
Personally I didn't follow that when I was on UD2.0. I had a weight gainer shake with about 50g whey, 65g malto followed by about 100g of sweets which were mainly glucose/dextrose with some sucrose.

Obviously its important to have some simple carbs immediately postworkout but after that just conduct your carb load as you see fit, provided you get in your carb requirements by the end of Friday.

I got most of my fructose from sucrose (listed simply as sugar in most ingredients) which is 50:50 glucose and fructose.

ryuage
04-23-2004, 06:17 AM
you can get fructose from ya fruits...

wleon
04-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Though I'm not sure I want all those carbs post workout. But thats me being paranoid about stupid stuff perhaps.

I was/am also concern about all those carbs, it almost feels like I am trashing all my effort put in the week ( working out and dieting so low in carbs), I lost about 2 pounds until thursday, but I figure I will gain some back with all this carbs. I read the section of the book that deals with thursday and the logic for loading with so much calories it, I hope it works.

Did you guys lost weight at the end of your 6-8 weeks in UD2. Or did you mantain the weight but look leaner ?

TheGimp
04-23-2004, 08:04 AM
I would not bother weighing yourself midweek on UD2.0 as you can fluctuate massively due to carb depletition and loading. Just do Monday morning. Stuffing yourself takes a little getting used to, but if you do it right then it's all going to the right places and you won't get fat :)

I was exactly the same weight as when I started after 6 weeks but noticably leaner. This could possibly just be that I didn't diet hard enough on low carb days.

LuvDaPump
04-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Also with a lack of carbs you become somewhat dehydrated.

After a few week I know that I'm not putting on weight during the load. Remember that with proper glycogen depletion and the resistance workouts as prescribed your body will want to refill the glycogen stores before beginning to deposit fat again. I wouldn't worry about the weight so much. Look in the mirror and take weekly pics at the same time every week. Worked for me.

Good luck with the program.