PDA

View Full Version : Ephedra's Effect on my Caloric Intake?

jimlynch11
04-25-2004, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure if this should go here, or in Supplements...

Anyway, I'm taking an Ephedrine/Caffeine/Synephrine based fat burner (Dyma-Burn Extreme) twice a day (morning and pre-workouts). I'm currently happy with my weight, but trying to cut down fat. My BMR as best I can calculate is roughly 2000 cals (Im 6'3, 180, 21 years old). How should I account for the ephedrine when determining how many calories I get a day? I'm hesistant to get any fewer than 2000 or so calories because I'm worried that a calorie deficit in addition to the ephedrine will start to eat into my muscle as well as fat. My breakdown protein/fat/carbs is around 50/25/25 and I'm getting about 1.5 grams protein per LBM, which seems like it has been working well for me. Any thoughts?

Dedicated
04-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Sounds like you are doing fine. Just keep it at 2000 until you stop losing fat. When that happens, drop it to 1800 on offdays and keep it at 2000 on workout days etc. This is what I would do.

jimlynch11
04-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Sounds like you are doing fine. Just keep it at 2000 until you stop losing fat. When that happens, drop it to 1800 on offdays and keep it at 2000 on workout days etc. This is what I would do.

Thanks for the reply. In a month or so when I switch over and start a clean bulk, will it be sufficient to simply drop the ephedra and leave the diet the way it is, or should I drop the ephedra and increase calories by 500 or so as well?

Dedicated
04-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the reply. In a month or so when I switch over and start a clean bulk, will it be sufficient to simply drop the ephedra and leave the diet the way it is, or should I drop the ephedra and increase calories by 500 or so as well?
If it was me I would go with 2500 calories on workout days and 2200 calories on offdays for like 2 weeks, and then slowly increase from there in small increments till I start seeing significant strength and or size gains. This is just to make sure that I gain no bodyfat. Let's face it cutting is difficult so there is no reason to add that excess bodyfat right back on there:) I'm cutting now also and that is probably what I will do when I'm done with my cut.