PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice for a summer diet & routine

Scarface
04-26-2004, 01:03 AM
Well guys I'm back. I've been a lurker on these forums for a while, and the last question I asked had some good advice, so here I am again.

Since last summer I have made some crazy gains like going from 175 to 215 on bench among other things. I was 160 when I started fall semester and now im about 180 and like 15% BF.

For this summer I want to come off the bulking diet and start cutting. I live in a small ****ty town with nothing to do so I plan on putting all my free time to use, so ill still be lifting, but I plan on adding in some cardio and also joining a martial arts gym.

I'm not as much concerned with making gains so much as I am losing the fat, and hopefully getting some visable abs. I am also getting sugery on my man boobs in a few months so I should be a new man by this fall.

I just need to help deciding what I should eat and how much cardio to do. Also I am doing Musle Media's 50 lbs in 50 days bench routine, should I keep doing it or should I switch to something else?

Here are some of my stats:
5' 10"
180 bw
15% bf
215 1rmax bench
190x6 squat
70x7 preacher curl

Spartacus
04-26-2004, 02:47 PM
assuming your diet was good, just eat less calories, keep protein the same, and get enough fat still.

i don't know what that routine is but are you training for strength or body composition?

Scarface
04-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Well my whole diet is going to change since I will be back at home instead of at school. I am going to have to make all my meals now, which is good because school food is pretty bad.

Currently I eat cheeseburgers, chicken and turkey sandwhiches, subway, Chipotle burritos, stuff like that.

I was bulking because I was tired of being skinny, but now I have some fat to lose. I plan on alternating bulk in the fall cut in the summer till I graduate. I would like to be 190-200 all muscle by the time I am 21.