PDA

View Full Version : UD2 and lossing BF when above the single digits

wleon
04-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but while reading the UD2 book, Kyle says that UD2 is design for people who are already in very low fat % levels... single digits perhaps. He also mentions that for people with higher BF levels, there are better approaches that UD2.

If I am reading this correcly then what would this better approaches be ??

I am at 17 - 18% BF, in my first week of UD2 so too short of a time to make an evaluation of the program at my level of fat %

Jasonl
04-26-2004, 10:52 AM
At that bf I'd still go on UD2. I know he suggests people not go on it until they are at 15% or lower, but you're pretty close as it is. For people above 15% he suggests just a regular calorie deficit.

Shao-LiN
04-26-2004, 12:07 PM
For people above 15%, he says that any non-stupid diet w/ a moderate caloric deficit will work and usually works better since it's easier to stick to for most people.

Spartacus
04-26-2004, 02:43 PM
at a high bodyfat, you dont have much to wrory bout iwth leptin dropping, so refeeds don't help as much and its time you spend not hypocaloric

iLUDEd
04-27-2004, 08:16 AM
it worked for me, and i started at 18-20%, just dont have such a big carb up.

wleon
04-27-2004, 10:54 AM
iLided

Could i please ask you some questions, ( I tried emailing you but it did not work)

how much was your BF% when you started in UD2 ? ,

how long did you do UD2 for , and what was your BF% at the end.

In the carb up days ( thrusday night and friday), how much calories and carbs
did you eat .

I am currently in my second week of UD2 and I was going to leave it after I
found out that it was not design for high levels of BF%, in my case 17.77%,
but after scanning through your journal I am thinking otherwise

Did you do cardio every day? for how long ?

thank you

Leon

Shao-LiN
04-27-2004, 11:21 AM
There's no problem following the carb up as outlined in the book, even if you're above 15%. Man, some of you are anal. 17% is close enough, just do as he said in the book, hehe.

iLUDEd
04-27-2004, 12:13 PM
wleon - i replied to your PM, i got to that before i got another chance to take a look at this thread.