PDA

View Full Version : Belts

frazz00
04-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Hey, I have a question about belts. When i squat heavy, i normally get a pain in my kidney's. It feels like a compression, but nothing to painful. Just when i breath i notice it(after squatting). I want to get a belt, because i believe that will solve my problem, but im not too sure on what to get. I have never used one, and i also don't trust these salesmen at stores to help me get the proper support i need. What styles are the best, im 6'1 180. so i have a smaller frame. I was thinking of the old school leather ones but n ot the huge style, a medium sized one. is this my best bet? thanks for the help. I plan on posting her often too.

Adam
04-28-2004, 02:36 AM
How much money would you like to spend? Belts vary from 15$ to a $100. The one i have is a $100 one and is awesome, it shuts with a lever, is 13mm thick and has a lifetime gaurantee.

DontGiveUp
04-28-2004, 04:30 AM
I use an Inzer "forever" belt 13mm double prong. Looking back I would recommend the single prong.

Whatever you do, do not get the bodybuilding tapered belt. It's the one that's skinny in the front and wide in the back. These belts are made for overhead lifting only. They are not made for exercises like squat, deadlift, etc. I don't why people buy these.

Here's a link to the site:

http://www.inzernet.com/search_results_belts.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=8&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=1

supirman
04-28-2004, 06:55 AM
yea, get one of the inzer forever belts. they're great.