PDA

View Full Version : best cardio exercise

insaneko
04-28-2004, 08:16 AM
well yesterday it was my cardio day so i went biking for 4km well after that i didn't feel as tired as i would when im jogging. Does biking help burn fat as fast as jogging or does jogging do it faster?

Ğragons
04-28-2004, 08:31 AM
iff u dont feel tired put more effort in?
not meaning "kill yourself" ;-)

i enjoy biking more than running, but i run iff i want to, dont think it really matters

ReturnedFire
04-28-2004, 09:59 AM
bike uphill

and then coast back down, and go up again :D

geoffgarcia
04-28-2004, 10:28 AM
its your heart rate that determines whether or not an exercise is good...

heart rate being equal, every exericse is just as good... (I think!)

Teufelhund
04-28-2004, 10:39 AM
:hump: <= thats the best one.

Sorry - I tried to control myself, but it was taking too long for someone else to say it.

AzNbIgBoi
04-28-2004, 11:08 AM
:hump: <= thats the best one.

Sorry - I tried to control myself, but it was taking too long for someone else to say it.

Word! Hahaha. I hate running coz it puts too much strain on my knees esp. coz I'm a heavy guy. I spend 25 mins. on the elliptical machine then run for 5-10 mins. on the treadmill.

I read somewhere that biking doesn't do that much wonder for the abs. True?

Allyrulez
04-28-2004, 11:52 AM

If you cycle standing up, on the highest gear you will have a good midsection, not really abs but solid.. Ive been doing that for 4 years now

Shark
04-28-2004, 12:01 PM
That must look funny.

Jasonl
04-28-2004, 12:13 PM
I read somewhere that biking doesn't do that much wonder for the abs. True?Diet(and bf%) is what's really gonna determine if you'll have abs or not. I've found HIIT to be the best form of cardio when cutting and trying to get leaner.

AdamGberg
04-28-2004, 12:34 PM
jumping rope gets my young heart racing very quickly more so then biking or any other sport

AllUp
04-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Word! Hahaha. I hate running coz it puts too much strain on my knees esp. coz I'm a heavy guy. I spend 25 mins. on the elliptical machine then run for 5-10 mins. on the treadmill.

(Assuming one is talking about a real bike and not the machine)
Depends on the bike, terrain, speeds, riding style and handlebar.

I prefer wider grip bars ( A bike w/BMX or Mountain-bike) handlebars that go across. Set it on a lower speed and hit huge hills. Thats where the burn is at. :)

When you peddle up it, with each pedal, move torso, arms and the bike slightly the other way with a lean(i.e on a right pedal, tilt your arms and the bike slightly to the left, and vice versa. Keep your abs flexed the whole time if you can) rinse repeat. Every contraction should be about 1/2 sec to 1sec depending on the bikes gearing and the size of the hill.

This is a bit similar to to left/right swinging of the arms during rollerblading to pickup momentum, only on a bike and slower and hits your obliques and abs nicely.

May seem a little tough to grasp, but I'm trying my best at explaining it accurately. :) They SO need to make a machine that does this.. :p

Spartacus
04-28-2004, 01:43 PM
i love using the erg, but i was on crew team in college.

insaneko
04-28-2004, 01:51 PM
ya i ride my mounaint bike up those long trails here in b.c and i never get off it i keep going. and my heart rate isthe same as when im on the treadmill. Thanks for the tip Allup i get it