PDA

View Full Version : main meal ingredients

geoffgarcia
04-28-2004, 10:52 AM
I went through the whole tuna phase a few years back, killed like 3-4 of the mid sized cans a day and LOVED it! I looked forward to lunch!!!!

The last year I switched over to turkey/chicken...
my last cut was all about dry ground turkey breast...holy nasty batman!
starting my new cut I found that my local supermarket now has thin sliced perdue turkey breasts, I think they are 3.99$/lb

I've cooked 'em a few times so far
4lbs for 20 minutes @350 with some olive oil (oo) and they were still a little raw, so gave em more time
next week I did 4lbs for 30 minutes @350 w/ oo, they were ok, but pretty dry still
this week I snagged a new nonstick pan and cooked a pound (dry) on it
I diced it up and tossed it in my tupperwear bowl and tossed in a tbsp of oo
and a spritz of italian seasoning.

I bring the tupperwear to work with me and tend to just eat the stuff cold...its much dryer that way, and much worse tasting.

Today I microwaved the stuff (1lb worth) for about 2 minutes and its great!!!

I think finally I solved my nasty turkey dilemna!!!

I eat 1lb of turkey between 12pm and 3pm along with 2 ff cheese sticks to help wash it down.

1lb is about 100g of protein ish, I'll read the pack tonight and post it up here.

What do you guys eat as a main staple for your diet? any other simple cooking plans?

Ğragons
04-28-2004, 11:24 AM
im a chicken/tuna man myself, tuna is the best :-)

so easy and fkin gorgeous

Allyrulez
04-28-2004, 11:59 AM
99% of my body is fish

Shark
04-28-2004, 12:00 PM
I dunno about tuna anymore. I'm scared of the whole mercury issue. Same with artificialy colored salmon. As of late i'm eating chicken, turkey, cottage cheese, etc. All good natural foods.

restless
04-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Beef. All the way. Up to 800 grs of it per day.

Holto
04-28-2004, 12:33 PM
fruits, veggies, whole grains...

I'm going through a healing crisis right now and trying to stay alkaline so I only eat meat max 2x a day

TheGimp
04-28-2004, 12:49 PM
No vegetarian options I see... :)

Quorn (www.quorn.com)

Spartacus
04-28-2004, 01:48 PM
yeah, veggies. if meat was a main ingredient, i'd either be really hungry or eat too much.

ryuage
04-28-2004, 01:50 PM
oatmeal!

restless
04-28-2004, 03:03 PM
fruits, veggies, whole grains...

I'm going through a healing crisis right now and trying to stay alkaline so I only eat meat max 2x a day

You can stay alkaline on a high protein diet as long as the veggie intake is very high or you use buffering agents.

And besides, grains are a terrible choice if that's a concern.

Holto
04-28-2004, 04:25 PM
You can stay alkaline on a high protein diet as long as the veggie intake is very high or you use buffering agents.

I'm really desperate...

could you list some buffering agents ?

Holto
04-28-2004, 04:32 PM

Rye Bread 2.5
Lentils 1.5

ogarchamplin
04-28-2004, 04:33 PM
I have been on a ground Turkey kick latley..got a great deal at Costco's

restless
04-28-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm really desperate...

could you list some buffering agents ?

There was a timed when I pissed several times a day into a small bottle and tested the PH with one of those fish tanks PH tests. It's amazing how acid it can get.

The most effective ones are calcium, potassium, magnesium and sodium citrates. Bicarbonates will also help, but citrates are the best. Take 10-20 grs of these combined before bed and you'll wake up with and alkaline or neutral PH in your urine. DO it twice a day and you'll be always in an alkaline state.

Of ccourse, eat a ton of potatoes and green veggies and you should also get the same effect.

There was a great thread on this at Cutting Edge Muscle. Drop by there and check it out. I think there's one at the HST forum and at avantlabs too.

restless
04-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Rye Bread 2.5
Lentils 1.5

I'm not sure what you mean with that, but these do contribute to an acidization of your body. Animal foods and cereals/grains are the worst foods in that aspect.

Holto
04-28-2004, 10:03 PM
the egg has as acidifying effect of 9 rye bread 2.5

so out of all the acidyfying foods rye bread is one of the best choices

Holto
04-28-2004, 10:04 PM
The most effective ones are calcium, potassium, magnesium and sodium citrates. Bicarbonates will also help, but citrates are the best. Take 10-20 grs of these combined before bed and you'll wake up with and alkaline or neutral PH in your urine. DO it twice a day and you'll be always in an alkaline state.

Of ccourse, eat a ton of potatoes and green veggies and you should also get the same effect.

There was a great thread on this at Cutting Edge Muscle. Drop by there and check it out. I think there's one at the HST forum and at avantlabs too.

will do thanks

Minotaur
04-29-2004, 08:05 AM
I vary it.

For meats usually it's chicken breast, tuna, sometimes salmon (fresh or canned), some beef, occasionally pork (lean cuts of both).

Frozen vegs or salad; oatmeal; whole wheat or rye bread or bagels; occasional fruit.

AllUp
04-29-2004, 09:07 AM
<Solid meals? I drink my food. :)
MRP's and MR bars here. For the bars preferably Protein Plus (calore select).

Tuna or sliced turkey as a second choice.

Chicken 3x/wk for dinner sometimes as a third.

Alke
04-29-2004, 04:13 PM
fish and oatmeal when cutting

extra lean ground beef and oatmeal when bulking

GrumpyTX
04-29-2004, 04:28 PM
mainly fish throughout the day but in the evening I end up eating whatever my wife and kids are having so I dont spend an hour cooking different meals.

I just eat smaller portions and usually try to cook enough fish so I can have an after supper snack.