PDA

View Full Version : whats a good meal i can bring to work for lunch?

Focused
04-28-2004, 12:53 PM
right now im cutting, and i can only eat so much subway on my break

aside from that, i really dont know what else to eat.....i tried
just eating a single protein bar for lunch but that was torture...

we have no microwave or refrigartor there so im pretty stumped on what i could bring..and i usually dont get a break until 5 hours in my shift

Dedicated
04-28-2004, 01:00 PM
A few things I like are

lunch 1
2 sandwiches on whole wheat bread with tuna fish salad
tuna fish salad = 1 can of tuna(~125cal), 1 tbs mayo(~100cal), 1 boiled egg(~70 cal)

lunch 2
2 sandwiches on whole wheat bread with 2 tbsp natural pb

lunch 3
2 sandwiches on whole wheat bread with 4 slices of turkey cuts with mayo
Add lettuce etc if you want, or tomatoes

Those 3 work well, #2 is a little bland though, try to find something else that is low cal to add to the pb.

If you have access to a microwave then you cna bring home cooked food and heat it up, stuff like boneless skinless chicken breasts and turkey burgers are great sources of lean protein.

AllUp
04-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Hmm, I'd say a MRP w/a shaker or a cold 2cans of tuna in tubbaware. Also, if you get the containers with partitions you can put a zip-loc baggie w/ice-cubes in one to keep it cool. Throw in some thin sliced turkey and you're golden. :)

Pudgy
04-28-2004, 01:17 PM
tuna with mustard
tuna without mustard
tuna with olive oil
tuna with tuna
natty pnb(no tuna)
lean ground beef patties smothered in salsa

Focused
04-28-2004, 01:43 PM
i keep seeing tuna....so i guess ill just put 2 cans of tuna on some toasted wheat bread and call it a day

Shao-LiN
04-28-2004, 01:47 PM
I grill up a chicken breast or two and make a sandwich.

ryuage
04-28-2004, 01:49 PM
I cook some rice and beans and veggies throw in some protein such as turkey, tuna, chicken, etc... put it in a tupperware container and take it with me.

Spartacus
04-28-2004, 01:51 PM
i usually bring a fruit, some nuts, and some milk. maybe freeze a bean burrito w/cheese and nuke it.

frazz00
04-28-2004, 06:51 PM
yogurt mixed with granola and bananas.

Focused
04-28-2004, 10:32 PM
dont forget guys i have no microwave or refrigorator access

Giddo
04-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Try getting yourself some zip and seal bags, cook up some brown rice, chicken breast, boiled eggs, tuna and corn, cottage cheese or whatever you fancy, cook them in bulk seperate them all into individual bags (3 rice, 3 chicken etc) and you have 3 days of food in your fridge at home. All these things will last ok in your bag.
Well thats how I do it :burger: and best of all no pots to bring home ;)

Minotaur
04-29-2004, 08:01 AM
I love Subway! I get the Garden Fresh Salad and add my own grilled chicken breast.

Or make your own salad of mixed greens (get the Dole variety in the bag... Mediterranean blend, or Romaine, or Italian blend). One bag can be two or three salads. Add some grilled chicken or chunk white or albacore tuna. Put it into a re-sealable plastic bowl (Tupperware or disposable), add salad dressing. Add some cold pasta (regular or whole wheat) to the salad, or a cup of brown rice on the side in a small container, and you're set. I do this.

This can stay a couple of hours unrefrigerated, especially if you use a salad dressing with vinegar. Also, get yourself an insulated lunch bag and a refreezable ice pack (or freeze water in a sturdy zip lock bag). Put the freeze pack in the bag with your food to keep it cold. I take one to work with me every day (and we have a refrig, toaster oven and nuke) with my stuff in it...

Mid morning: Oatmeal, cottage cheese;
Lunch as described above (if I don't go out for one), or some other 'entree' I make up in a reusable/disposable plastic container;
Late afternoon meal: sandwich of whole wheat bagel or bread with deli meat or chicken breast, etc.

All this goes in my bag.

It just takes imagination.

GrindingOut
05-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Invest in a George Foreman grill...the grilled chicken if you buy the right seasoning is to die for...and get creative with Tuna...

Tuna and Chicken make up most of my work lunches...Here are some ideas...

Grilled Chicken Salad
Grill 1 chicken breast..cut it up
Romaine Lettuce
A little cheddar cheese and croutons
A little bacon pieces
Ranch

Don't go crazy with the bacon, cheese and ranch and you should be fun. Add some hot sauce to the chicken...and you got a grilled buffalo chicken salad and it's very good.

Salad with Tuna

Romaine Lettuce
A little cheddar and croutons
Little bacon bits
Can of tuna fish
Balsmic vinegar and olive oil

I tend to eat these variations of tuna and chicken...but i must admit...it can get boring fast...after eating this 5 days in a row..you'll be ready to cheat on the weekend...

Berserker
05-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Why not buy a lunch pail and put an ice pak in there, people have been doing this for many years. Then eat pretty much whatever you eat at home but cold. No need to really put any though in this.

ryuage
05-01-2004, 09:25 PM
:withstupi eat whatever you want just stick it in a tupperware container, nothing that spoils easily though... there is endless possibilities.