PDA

View Full Version : Cutting with an injury ...

MorganB
04-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Im on a cut but I have a minor tear in my lower back. Not critical but damned uncomfortable when I sit. Im 99% sure im taking a week off training but I was wondering if I should halt my cut until healed? Common sense is telling me injuries heal better with more nutritional building blocks.

Advice?

Morgan

Jasonl
04-29-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm in the same situation, but I'll probably be out for about 2 weeks. I am just planning on eating at maint. cals for that time, this will also help with your metabolism if you've been cutting for a while already.

AllUp
04-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Exactly, however you should consider the fact that you are unable to do exercise. Weightgain may not be what you want on a cut.
If your gonna eat maintenence keep it clean till your back in the game. :)

Also consider you can afford to go slightly lower as you arent doing as much physical activity.

MorganB
04-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Im keeping it clean, but im not in this for competitions so there is no panic if i gain for a week. I was thinking id increase the fats slightly and allow myself a weekend of chocolate cake. May aswell fit a cheat week and a rest week in at the same time :) Keeps me sane, heals my back and makes me feel guilty enough to hit the cut hard again in a week.