PDA

View Full Version : fast food bulking foods

matrix5089
04-29-2004, 03:03 PM
I was wondering what some good bulking foods you can get from fast food resturants i prepare most of my foods but sometimes im out and want to grab some extra food

Dereksolo
04-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Good question. I posted a reply asking about the same thing in the "McDonalds thread in this forum. Might want to check there if anyone responds. :lurk:

CraigVA286
04-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Taco Bell can be good if you get the chicken and steak chalupas or gorditas...good protein and low fat

Dereksolo
04-29-2004, 07:45 PM
What about the regular beef soft tacos? Too much saturated fats? :whazzup:

Beast
04-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Decide for yourself. :)

McD's:
http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.categories.nutrition.index.html

Taco Bell:
http://www.yum.com/nutrition/documents/tb_nutrition.pdf

Burger King:
http://www.burgerking.com/Food/Nutrition/downloads/Menu_Nutritionals.pdf

Wendy's:
http://www.wendys.com/food/US_Nutrition_2003.pdf

Whataburger:
http://www.whataburger.com/menulist.cfm

Steak n Shake:
http://www.steaknshake.com/nutritional_info/nutricalc/index.asp

McD's definitely tops everyone in the calorie department. I'll have 2 Double Quarter Pounders, please! :D

jds22
04-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Mmmm, Taco Bell.

Beef Grilled Stuffed Burrito - 730cal 79g carb 28g pro 33g fat

Jerry

AllUp
04-30-2004, 08:00 AM
McD's definitely tops everyone in the calorie department. I'll have 2 Double Quarter Pounders, please! :D
I'll say.
"Yeah, let me get a...
Deluxe breakfast: 1190cal
Spanish Omelette bagel: 710cal
Choco triple-thick shake: 1150cal

Finally hit it off with an oreo Mc. flurry.
Oreo Mc. Flurry: 570"

3620 cals for Brunch...That's scary.
Just knowing how much crap is in there... I just dont think i'd be able to do it... :p

AllUp
04-30-2004, 08:07 AM
OMG. look at the sodiom Content in some of the mcdonalds items, specifically the breakfast section.

Its like they want all their customers to die... Seriously.

Dereksolo
04-30-2004, 09:46 AM
"Yeah, let me get a...
Deluxe breakfast: 1190cal
Spanish Omelette bagel: 710cal
Choco triple-thick shake: 1150cal

Finally hit it off with an oreo Mc. flurry.
Oreo Mc. Flurry: 570"

3620 cals for Brunch...That's scary.
=AllUp

LOL wow! I wonder how much weight you can gain in a week eating this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :micro:

jimlynch11
04-30-2004, 09:56 AM
LOL wow! I wonder how much weight you can gain in a week eating this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :micro:

They stop serving breakfast items after 10:30. The bastards...

For real, is it that hard to give me a bacon egg and cheese biscuit at midnight when I'm craving them the most? Haha

large_lifter
04-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Get a chicken mcgrill with light mayo, side salad with light dressing and one of the snack sized yogurt parfait cups. That prolly isnt all that bad and sounds like a decent meal.

CraigVA286
04-30-2004, 10:20 AM
OMFG Mcdonalds is cursed, it cant serve anything without it having crazy amounts of fat and saturated fat..Double Quarter pounder looks to be the healthiest since it has a ****load of protein

Mcdonalds is quickly replacing cigarettes

Beast
04-30-2004, 11:27 AM
OMFG Mcdonalds is cursed, it cant serve anything without it having crazy amounts of fat and saturated fat..Double Quarter pounder looks to be the healthiest since it has a ****load of protein

LOL more like the UNhealthiest. Look at its saturated fat content. :eek: One burger gives you 100% of the RDA.

matrix5089
04-30-2004, 05:17 PM
anyone have any personal favorites ive been doing double cheeseburgers but i would like to find something with less sat fat and good protein

CraigVA286
04-30-2004, 06:29 PM
Personally, I like subway..

Went and got a footlong doublemeat ham,turkey and roast beef on wheat bread..

800 calories, 16g of fat ..5g sat fat ..100g of carbs and 96g of protein all in one..

a big , healthy meal for 8bucks..

ryuage
04-30-2004, 08:18 PM
roasted chicken breast double meat!

NateWheeler
05-01-2004, 12:43 PM

Mcdonalds is quickly replacing cigarettes

And thats why it tastes so good!

JSully
05-01-2004, 02:25 PM
They stop serving breakfast items after 10:30. The bastards...

For real, is it that hard to give me a bacon egg and cheese biscuit at midnight when I'm craving them the most? Haha

LOL, I don't mean to sound like an a$$ but I suppose if you'd like to wait 1/2 hour for the biscuits to cook then yeah they probably cook serve them. The pancakes are pre-made and cook within 3 minutes in the microwave, and the sausage is cooked on the grill but they hafta change alotta settings to accomodate thickness and temperature requirements. And the eggs on the biscuit arent regular eggs, they're egg beaters, so now they gotta go find one of their thingys they use to cook them and change the temp on the flat grill (where they cook the chicken breasts [there's 2 grills, one for burgers and one for chicken breasts/eggs] )

But away from the technical's (I used to work at McD's and yes, I am a loser.. lol) they taste great. haha.

Take a look at the Double Whopper from Burger King. MMMMM those are soo good.. but 180g saturated fat each, OUCH!! and to think I just had 2 of those for lunch on thursday. WoW!!! But I'm done with my cheat days so I'm back on a clean bulk for 8-12 weeks or so.

My fav is Subway double meat roasted chicken breast wrap. And yes I did say wrap, I think they taste better than the bread and have ALOT less carbs.

Ebu
05-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Burritos from taco bell. The chicken sadwiches from BK and Wendy's don't look to bad, but then again, the point of this thread is calories, lol.

ryuage
05-01-2004, 03:28 PM
i heard all of them stop serving breakfast at a certaim time to prep for lunch and dinner (burgers) which have to be at a certain temp to cook which is different from breakfast blah blah etc etc..

Beast
05-01-2004, 04:26 PM
anyone have any personal favorites ive been doing double cheeseburgers but i would like to find something with less sat fat and good protein
I could go for a Big Mac any day. Oh, I also like dipping fries in my milkshakes. OMG that is soooooo good..... mmmmmm... saturated fat..... :drooling:

JSully
05-01-2004, 04:53 PM
I could go for a Big Mac any day. Oh, I also like dipping fries in my milkshakes. OMG that is soooooo good..... mmmmmm... saturated fat..... :drooling:

Fries in frostys, shakes, blizzards, and flurries.. mmmmmmmmmm

ryuage
05-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Blizzard!

jimlynch11
05-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Blizzard!

I still haven't tried those new DQ Blizzards that have the cheesecake in them. I consider that a minor victory on the road to diet success.

PiKappaWRX
05-01-2004, 05:22 PM
I still haven't tried those new DQ Blizzards that have the cheesecake in them. I consider that a minor victory on the road to diet success.

i broke down and had one last week :help:

anyways, subway roasted chicken breast, double-meat, on wheat bread, w/ pepperchinis, lettuce, and red wine vinaigrette.mmmmmmmmmmmm

Dereksolo
05-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Mcdonalds has those new Salads now for $4, those are about the best and only things to get there. :(

CraigVA286
05-01-2004, 06:13 PM
ARGH you all are terrible , good thing I dont have the munchies

Big Macs , Double whoppers biggie size with a coke .... drooooolllll

**** NO NO NO must have 6 pac!

brianbob123
05-01-2004, 06:31 PM
http://www.yum.com/nutrition/results.asp?BrandID=5&BrandAbbr=TB

Soft Chicken Taco... not terrible for you.... but that is only for one. i normally eat two, and easily could eat more.
I remember wendy's used to have pita's.... that were really good. And not too bad for you. They were removed when they got those salads which suck ass. Bring back the pita!