PDA

View Full Version : Mcdonalds breakfast 930 calories!!!!!!!

Focused
04-29-2004, 06:10 PM
lol, another reason to stay away from mcdonalds...i dont think ill ever eat there or any fast food resturant again.

The specific breakfast cited by the SUNY Buffalo researchers is a McDonald's Egg McMuffin, a Sausage McMuffin, and two orders of hash browns. Total calories: 930. (It was supersized to reflect the typical amount of calories in a fast food meal.) Eat this and within an hour, it will trigger inflammation, says study co-author Dr. Paresh Dandona. What's more that inflammation continues for three or four hours longer.

Most of us are well aware that high-fat, high-carbohydrate meals raise our cholesterol levels and send our blood sugar rates soaring. That puts us at greater risk for diabetes and cardiovascular disease. But now nutritionists are aware there is a third danger: inflammation of the blood vessels. The fats and carbohydrate sugars appear to release "free radical" molecules within the blood cells, which in turn trigger the inflammation, reports HealthDayNews.

When nine healthy young adults ate this 930-calorie McMuffin/hash brown breakfast after an overnight fast, their blood showed a definite change compared to individuals who ate no breakfast. Those who ate the McDonald's breakfast displayed "evidence of free radical generation by the circulating white blood cells, which would cause inflammation within the white blood cells," Dandona said.

The primary culprits of the McDonald's breakfast are the hash browns, cooking oil, and muffins--not the egg or sausage. The SUNY Buffalo team is now studying the effects of 300-calorie and 1,800-calorie breakfasts. Note that McDonald's isn't the only breakfast that can stress your arteries. Sit-down restaurants and even home-cooked meals can do the same thing.

AllUp
04-29-2004, 06:30 PM
If it were straight calories w/out the other BS it would be the s*** for a slop bulk. :p

JeffWillConquer
04-29-2004, 06:52 PM
My friend argued that his small bag of chili cheese fritos and 20(ish) oz soda would only be like 300 cals. It added up to 1020 cals, and it didn't even fill him up. I'm talking the small bags too. Be careful what you eat. Just because it's small doesn't mean anything.

Dereksolo
04-29-2004, 07:13 PM
Would eating these foods be good for trying to bulk up? Why or why not? What foods/nutrients should you focus on for a good clean bulk? :help:

the doc
04-29-2004, 07:28 PM
for a sloppy bulk, sure.
even for a cheat meal - as long as it is a rare occurence

clean bulk- whole grains, fruits, nuts, lean meats, avoid processed foods, etc...

Dereksolo
04-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Thanks Doc. So I'm guessing focus on unsaturated fatty foods for a clean bulk? :cool:

iLUDEd
04-30-2004, 09:26 AM
you are what you eat. would you rather be an upsized big mac meal high in fat, or a lean chicken breast with some vegi's?

Beast
04-30-2004, 11:29 AM
http://64.191.89.22/showthread.php?t=46867

TrevorN
05-01-2004, 01:32 AM
Iduno about breakfast, but i eat there about 3 times a week.

the meal i get is the chicken mcGrill with a side garden salad instead of fries and an orange juice.

you can still eat fast foods, just make sure they are the better ones

Dereksolo
05-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Ain't nothing better than a 20 piece box of White meat Chicken Nuggets at McDonalds. = 2240g of Sodium :bang:
Why isn't this company banned for being a hazard to public health!? :soapbox:

Saint Patrick
05-03-2004, 04:32 PM

Because we live in America.

JeffWillConquer
05-03-2004, 04:46 PM
hazard to public health. Everyone on the show jackass is a hazard to public health.

prof
05-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Ain't nothing better than a 20 piece box of White meat Chicken Nuggets at McDonalds. = 2240g of Sodium :bang:

no way! there can't be 2kg of sodium in there