PDA

View Full Version : Ever think about releasing a multi-vitamin?

Lance
04-30-2004, 12:59 AM
I don't know much about what makes any multi-vitamin better than any other, all i know is that my dad orders me the 'athelete's formula' from Puritan's Pride. Considering your nitrean and creatine though, i'd take alot more pride in my vitamins if they came from your company.

Have you guys ever thought about making a multi-vitamin based on your other products? You know: solid, versatile, effective, and cheap?

chris mason
04-30-2004, 05:28 AM
Yes we have and we will probably come out with one by the end of this year. Thanks for the compliment and your input.

Joe Black
04-30-2004, 05:30 AM
Its a good suggestion and something that myself and Chris have actually talked about.

We are definately interested in some kind of "athelete/bodybuilding" multi vitamin. I.e strong in the areas it would need to be for bodybuilders and atheletes.

Right now its merely an initial cost issue. There are quite a few products we would like to release, but along with launching a new product comes a fair amount of initital cost. We aim to launch the new Thermocin at the end of May and we actually have plans to launch an exciting new product some time after (hopefully not too long!). Selected moderators have already trialed this supplement (we'll call it product x for now ;)) and we are very pleased with the results, hence deciding to release it eventually. We'll be issuing details in due time.

Thanks for suggesting though, its definately in our plans.

Thanks for ordering through At Large Nutrition also. We appreciate it!

Lance
04-30-2004, 06:29 AM
I've only ordered once so far b/c i'm still waiting for that huge jug of Nitrean to finish itself off! But i'll be coming back for sure.

AllUp
04-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Whatever it is, I want that "product x" :D
<Hopes it isn't an estrogen boosting formula.
j/k. :p

PiKappaWRX
05-01-2004, 01:04 PM
i've ordered 6 bottles of the old thermocin and 1 jug of nitrean from you guys. i will intend to buy more, and hopefully i'll be interested in your so-called product "x."

Optimum08
05-01-2004, 02:23 PM
yes also interested in what "product x" is and excited because i know it will be quality and have results when coming from ALN...

dxiw
05-02-2004, 12:01 AM
any hint as to what product x is? fat burner / muscle gainer / nitric oxide thing?

Paul Stagg
05-03-2004, 01:50 PM
It made me a much better dancer.

It also folded my laundry.

:)

VasDeferens
05-10-2004, 11:19 AM
It made me a much better dancer.

It also folded my laundry.

:)

product x is a hot girl.

ElPietro
05-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Yup, and it's called HomeYield in a Bottle. ;)

Shark
05-10-2004, 12:16 PM

LOL!

Isaac Wilkins
05-11-2004, 11:54 AM

THE choice for drag queens everywhere!

Joe Black
05-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Just an update guys.

The Multi Vitamin might just be a little sooner than we originally thought. Its something we have recently decided to actively pursue, as opposed to it being on the back burner.

We'll keep you updated.

Jasonl
05-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Hulk, any idea when more info on product x will be released? This product x talk is driving me crazy!!:) :cool:

chris mason
05-11-2004, 12:51 PM
These sort of things are supplier driven, so they are somewhat out of our hands. That said, I think we expect it to be released sometime within the next 2 months.

I will drop a bit of a hint about product X. It has been shown to increase endurance and strength. It also reduces joint pain and greatly reduces DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscular Soreness). It's level of effectiveness, in our opinion, is on par with creatine. It will be one of the very few products on the market that truly produces an ergogenic effect.

One more hint, there is no other product like it on the market. It will be a revolution in the sports supplement industry and I predict other large supplement companies will be selling the product within months of its release by us.

geoffgarcia
05-11-2004, 01:03 PM
couldn't you just piggy back on another companies multivit, slap on a different label, pay them a premium for manufacturing/bottling, falsify the nutritional makeup (thats not a regulated thing since its a supp correct?, and call it a day?

Shark
05-11-2004, 01:09 PM
couldn't you just piggy back on another companies multivit, slap on a different label, pay them a premium for manufacturing/bottling, falsify the nutritional makeup (thats not a regulated thing since its a supp correct?, and call it a day?

If they did that then they wouldn't be atlarge.. they would just be everyone else. :)

P.S. I want credit for suggestion the multi like 2 months ago!!

Jasonl
05-11-2004, 01:18 PM
These sort of things are supplier driven, so they are somewhat out of our hands. That said, I think we expect it to be released sometime within the next 2 months.

I will drop a bit of a hint about product X. It has been shown to increase endurance and strength. It also reduces joint pain and greatly reduces DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscular Soreness). It's level of effectiveness, in our opinion, is on par with creatine. It will be one of the very few products on the market that truly produces an ergogenic effect.

One more hint, there is no other product like it on the market. It will be a revolution in the sports supplement industry and I predict other large supplement companies will be selling the product within months of its release by us.
Will it do my laundry, as Paul suggested?? ;)

chris mason
05-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Nope, no laundry.

ace dogg
05-14-2004, 08:08 PM
*will order multivitamin*

chris mason
05-15-2004, 05:36 AM
Dan and I have agreed to go ahead with the multi-vitamin. It will be a "training support" multi heavy in the vitamins and minerals which are most important to an intense training individual. We expect to release it within the next 2 months.

Jasonl
05-15-2004, 12:20 PM
I'll definitely be ordering some of those.:cool:

ace dogg
05-16-2004, 12:50 AM
I really like this idea. AST is the only company that has something like this that is well-designed that I've seen. Dunno though, maybe there isn't really a market for it.

vasu
05-16-2004, 01:40 AM
will it just have stuff for people training, or will it be a good normal vitamin too, with just added emphasis on stuff for training?

Also, is it possible to make a time release multi?

-vasu

chris mason
05-16-2004, 09:07 AM
You can make a time-release anything, the question is whether or not it is warranted. In this case we don't think it is.

Here is the formula for the product:

Vitamin A 5000 I.U.
Vitmain C 500 mg
Vitamin D 400 I.U.
Vitamin E 400 I.U.
Thiamin 100 mg
Riboflavin 100 mg
Niacin 100 mg
Vitamin B6 100 mg
Folic Acid 400 mcg
Vitamin B12 100 mcg
Biotin 100 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 100 mg
Magnesium 350 mg
Zinc 30 mg

You will note that this product has nearly as much magnesium and as much zinc as a ZMA blend. This product has a ZMA blend plus 1/2 gram of C, 400 I.U. of E, 400 I.U. of D, and a full B complex blend.

This product will give the hard training individual the vitamin and mineral support they really need to get the most out of their training.

Relative to what people are charged for ZMA blends this product will be VERY reasonably priced.

JTyrell710
05-16-2004, 09:57 AM
*holds on buying new zma bottle*

chris:
niiiiiiicceee

ace dogg
05-16-2004, 12:48 PM
I like it. Anyway to stuff 100-200mg of ALA in there? Then iot would be perfect.

Y2A
05-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Looks like a REALLY good vitamin Chris, very cool.

chris mason
05-17-2004, 12:45 PM
I like it. Anyway to stuff 100-200mg of ALA in there? Then iot would be perfect.

We could, but we are not sold on the effectiveness of ALA.

ace dogg
05-17-2004, 01:51 PM
ah...I've always been a big fan of it. Still like the formula though, I'll be sure to order. Take my ALA separately.

PiKappaWRX
05-18-2004, 03:55 PM
i am also a fan of ALA. i know CLA doens't work, but i've always liked ALA for various reasons.

KingJustin
05-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Chris, I would like to support your company and buy my multi-vitamins from you, but after glancing over my centrum and this I noticed a few vitamins/minerals were missing. I will admit right away that I don't know a whole lot about specific vitamin/mineral needs (aside from some of the obvious). The vitamins that my centrum has that I didn't see in your vitamin are:
Vitamin K (25 mcg)_
Calcium (162 mg)_
Iron (18 mg)_
Phosphorus (109 mg)_
Iodine (150 mcg)_
Selenium (20 mcg)_
Copper (2 mg)_
Manganese (2 mg)_
Chromium (120 mcg)_

I did note that you clearly had additional amounts of the vitamins that appear in both (though nothing appeared in your multi-vitamin and centrum's).

From what it looks like you wanted to pump up the vitamins that weight lifters/runners need, though it seemed as if you also didn't put in some of the vitamins that weren't very important but perhaps served a small purpose for just generally healthy individuals :confused:

Anyways, if you get some time and would like to respond as to why those weren't included then that would be great!

chris mason
05-20-2004, 05:21 PM
You hit the nail on the head. We pumped up the amount of the vitamins and minerals that hard training individuals need and did not include those which we feel can be reasonably obtained in sufficient quantities from one's diet.

In other words, those vitamins and minerals included are what we feel can be of benefit to the hard training individual if taken in relatively large doses (relative to what you might obtain in a normal diet).

The vitamins and minerals left out are those that we do not feel are of great benefit to take in relatively large doses.

Does that make sense?

Optimum08
05-20-2004, 09:38 PM
When can we be expecting this multi vitamin formula released...
again very impatient...

chris mason
05-21-2004, 07:49 AM
It will be about 2 months. We first have to decide on the product names, then the labels need to be designed, and then finally the product produced. This takes some time.

Trust me, we will get it to you ASAP.

Dedicated
05-21-2004, 07:03 PM
The vitamin looks great.

Have you considered...
Raising the zinc to say 50mg
Raising the magnesium to 450mg

If it isn't already, make the vitamin E natural and make sure it contains mixed tocopherols. Note natural vitamin E is more expensive, and the kind with mixed tocopherols is even more expensive, but I think the difference is worth it.

Besides that, I can't think of anything that would help. I'm not a vitamin expert btw, I just know a few odd facts about certain vitamins because I've taken vitamins my whole life almost. From the flintstone chewables to the generic walmart brand I take now hehe. Hope that helped, goodluck. I think your multivitamin will sell pretty well. I'm actually kind of interested in the supplement x, but that's for another thread:)