PDA

View Full Version : Mental Conditioning to hate certain foods

Focused
05-01-2004, 08:39 AM
ive been doing this techique for a few weeks, and i think it may work as long as i keep doing it

i know that in order to be in your best shape, your diet has to be on point..no ifs ans or buts....so whenever i see a food that is either greasy, fast food, cake, ice cream whatever, i say to myself "thats disgusting","thats nasty" so in a way im reconditioning myself not to like foods that are not good for me. i feel as long as i keep doing this, eventually i will believe that those bad foods are nasty...i

ts like you have to reprogram yourself because the commercials and what have you have been subliminaly telling you whats "good" your whole life..thats why most americans are fat

ryuage
05-01-2004, 09:03 AM
hey whatever works..

Teufelhund
05-01-2004, 09:12 AM
This is what I've done.

Just be careful not to go too far with it. You need some amount of fat in your diet. Eating disorders are nothing to laugh about. Don't develop one.

jimlynch11
05-01-2004, 09:57 AM
I read somewhere that if you can completely eliminate sweets/desserts from your diet for a certain time period (I think it said like 3-4 weeks) then your taste buds change or something and you will no longer crave them. I'm not sure how accurate this article was, but if you're desperate it might be worth giving a shot.

Although it didn't mention if you'd start craving it anyway when you see a 23 foot snickers bar in those ads playing before movies start. Ha.

codei
05-01-2004, 10:31 AM
take a clockwork orange approach to it.

carry around a small book of pictures with fat obese people in it. anytime you look in the candy machine and want those ding-dongs, just whip the book out and look at some 300lb beast and say to yourself, that thing eats those, if i eat those i will look like that.

jimlynch11
05-01-2004, 10:32 AM
take a clockwork orange approach to it.

carry around a small book of pictures with fat obese people in it. anytime you look in the candy machine and want those ding-dongs, just whip the book out and look at some 300lb beast and say to yourself, that thing eats those, if i eat those i will look like that.

Good idea. Or you could put pictures of both fatasses and some ripped up BBers in like a side-by-side comparison. Somewhat obsessive, but motivation manifests itself in strange places...

Y2A
05-01-2004, 10:47 AM
I read somewhere that if you can completely eliminate sweets/desserts from your diet for a certain time period (I think it said like 3-4 weeks) then your taste buds change or something and you will no longer crave them. I'm not sure how accurate this article was, but if you're desperate it might be worth giving a shot.

Although it didn't mention if you'd start craving it anyway when you see a 23 foot snickers bar in those ads playing before movies start. Ha.

IMO it kinda works. I wont crave certain foods normally, like Im not just sitting around saying OMG I NEED ICE CREAM, etc. but, if someone has a Bday at work and they bring in a cake and everyone has some, I generally will. And if Im really hungry and there isnt an alternative (if I havent prepared beforehand) I end up eating w/e is available...

Optimum08
05-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Ya my diet isn't as clean as i would like it, but IMO it is a lot cleaner than other 15 year olds, i still have a weak spot for cookies and ice cream and such but its not too bad...maybe those ideas will help me clean my diet up...

Shao-LiN
05-01-2004, 11:42 AM
I dunno..the longer I go w/o food that I used to eat all the time, the more I crave it. With my current diet, although I like the food, I get tired of it since I pretty much eat it everyday.

ryuage
05-01-2004, 12:28 PM
im just used to the foods I eat now that I dont even really crave the "forbidden" foods, Once in awhile the crave comes, but I ask myself if it is really worth it. Now if I do cheat I'll tend to want to go overboard :)

Bruise Brubaker
05-01-2004, 03:57 PM
"I read somewhere that if you can completely eliminate sweets/desserts from your diet for a certain time period (I think it said like 3-4 weeks) then your taste buds change or something and you will no longer crave them"

I believe it. There are some specific bad food that I've been avoiding for a long time and I wouldn't eat them now if they were free. Also, often when I want a snack I'll rather eat something like nuts than say something like chips and chocolate. But still I think that it's better to completly remove bad food. It's not eating the bad food that is that bad, but the fact that we're eating complete unuseful crap. That would be like rounding your back on deadlift just because it's fun.

Dereksolo
05-01-2004, 06:01 PM
I stopped eating sweets about a month ago and everytime I see some, I just say "no". I don't really crave them anymore because there are healthy foods that are just as good like protein shakes.. Mmm

Scarface
05-02-2004, 05:44 PM
After bulking since last semester and not really gaining that much fat, I'd say that you just get used to not eating anything like junk food. And im to the point now where i just automatically turn down 90% of food people offer me because it's always junk food. The other thing that is funny is my roomate is pretty fat, which works out because i wont eat his food, and he DEFINETLY doesnt want to eat mine.

PiKappaWRX
05-02-2004, 05:55 PM
i have to keep the food out of my house, cuz if it's there i know i'll eventually break down late at night and just eat it. so the easiest way for me is not to let my parents by the stuff (yea im 18 so i live at home).