PDA

View Full Version : Dan's Journal

brianbob123
05-03-2004, 02:47 PM
I know I am new here, but thought this might be a good way to keep track of results.Some background about me... 15 years old I am around 100 pounds, 5 footish. I have abs, not very well defined. If I flex you can see them. Come to think of it, whenever I am at the locker room in school they look better... I heard something about lighting, I guess the angle of lighting.
Here is my new schedule, which I am starting today. I will have to dosome experimenting for weights, because soem of these excercises are new to me.
Chest: Bench Press
Tricep: Dumbell Tricep Extension
Bicep: Dumbel Curls
Dumbell Squats (For quads)
Hamstring: ?
Dumbell Arnold Press (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidAnterior/DBArnoldPress.html) for deltoids for my shouldesr

3x8 of everything, except abs. I am not taking any supplements, I will soon uy a box of protein plus power bars from sams club. I like a shake every morning when I wake up, so instead of an instant breakfast I will start taking a protein one (any suggestions are appreciated... something that tastes somewhat decent please)

Feel free to coment.

Goals: Real nice abs by summer, increased upper body strength.

Saint Patrick
05-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Welcome to the site.

I'm going to give you the #1 piece of advice I learned when I first started lifting:

Don't neglect your legs.

brianbob123
05-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the input. I worked out earlier. I already made a few slight modifications.
"Modified chest press" You put your hands closer together, take off a little weight and it is more for your triceps. Iforget whats its called
For some reason I really enjoy this excercise.

Leg thing. (i forget what it is called) You sit in a chair legs on the ground 90 degree angle...you put them straight out, then repeat. What is this called?

Before my next workout I will add another leg excercise, at least.
I am a little limited because I am only using dumbells, and a bench press( that has the leg excercise I mentioned earlier)

Edit: Just got an idea. maybe at school, i will make sure to do ONLY leg excercises while there. Do my upperbody at home. They have some good stuff, and i have a little time. :)

brianbob123
05-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Worked out today.
Did leg press, leg extension, +upper body. I ate more too.Today I ate :two pieces of flounder, tuna sandwhich, chocolate proteni plus power bar (very tasty), fat free yogurt, cereal bar, cereal with 1% milk , apple bananna and a little potato. Later I wil lhave a little more fish. I say pretty good with the amount of protein, and saltines.

Edit: I also ate a few cookies at a friends house. I did a lot of running around though, too :)

brianbob123
05-09-2004, 03:01 PM
I went to sam's club yesterday, they didnt have any good shakes ;(

I am going to get a protein powder tomorrow, not sure which one yet though.
random thought: I am considering joining the local gym. I would mostly use the machines , not freeweights. Somehow the thought of making some huge muscular guy wait for scrawny me isn't appealing.

However, that would be how to get bigger... and would allow me to do a good split.

brianbob123
05-11-2004, 08:47 PM
I am gonna join the gym. Meeting with a trainer tomorrow.

I think I will be getting much stronger quickly. Even though I am weak, last yaer my weights were even less than now. Also, on the bench press at school which I havent used in maybe 2 weeks, I gained over 20 pounds (not freeweights)

iLUDEd
05-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the input. I worked out earlier. I already made a few slight modifications.
"Modified chest press" You put your hands closer together, take off a little weight and it is more for your triceps. Iforget whats its called
For some reason I really enjoy this excercise.

close grip bench is wikked for triceps, keep rockin dude!

brianbob123
05-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Thanks.. I got weight recently at the gym i just joined ( i have a session tomorrow with a trainer)
Last week I had an intro session and I got weighted. I put on about 9 poundsi n the past couple months! I might have grown some, but still some of that is muscle. I can feel myself getting stronger every week! My max bench is upping 5 pounds a week...
I love that feeling of either getting to 8 reps and able to do more while last week unable to or the feeling of this is too easy, time to up the weight.

brianbob123
06-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Hadn't posted in a wihle. Had a second session with a trainer. Only get two free ones, so wont be doing those any more. I think for summer I will go 4x a week. Two days arms two days for legs.
I am starting a couple free weights. He showed me this shoulder excersise with dumbbells. I can do 12 pounds for 10 reps per arm. Started a leg press too. All I can do is the bar though (45 pounds).. :cry:
I am getting close to a six pack. I have real nice abs if I flex... but if I dont kind of weak. have been eating some junk lately so I can't complain.
Gonna be using more freeweights next time at the gym. That is a little embarassing as I will be working next to guys much much stronger than me. I have a bench press and dumbbells at home so maybe I will do that part @ home.
Been a little tired lately because of medicine I have been taking (prednisone for my poison ivy)

brianbob123
06-12-2004, 11:43 AM
I was thinking... **** it why wait till summer. School is only till Friday.. finals thursday. Might miss one day while cramming for my finals.
I will start with my leg excercise today preceeded by 15-20 minutes of cardio.

I will do something along the lines of...
1. leg press (machine
2. free weights leg press
3. leg curl
4. calf exercise
5. I forget what it is called, but when you are doing squats while walking across the room with weights in your hands.
6. leg extesions.
I guess I will add abs to this day to. ANy exercises I should try out? Body parts being excluded?

I think I will do 75% of my upper body workoust at the gym in general, but do chest press, and dumbell stuff at my home.

brianbob123
06-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Did upper body yesterday. Past two days were great work-outs... maybe my best ever. I got my first real pumps in my fore-arms... That was really cool.
I weighed myself on my dads really crappy scale. 111! only about 2 months, maybe al ittle more I was like 96. Most of that is muscle... I still am close to a six-pack (have one if I flex) I'm looking forward to seeing people in school next fall when I am gonna be at least 25 pounds heavier
I think I will be on a never-ending bulk.. at least not for a long time. Maybe I will bulk until next summer when if I am heavy enough will go on a short cut to try to get a six pack for the pool/ beach.

brianbob123
06-16-2004, 07:47 PM
becuase of baseball didnt work out past two days.. didnt want to be sore dor the biggest game of the year. heres the story from my crappy xanga

Play-offs today... lots of stupid mess-ups. gOTTA love the lead-off hitter (not me anymore... 6th now) getting picked off second first inning because he is calling a balk not paying attention. We argued a lot early pissing of the umps and they just ****ing screwed us. Every pay that was even resembling close went the other way. One play he motioned safe, called safe and basically changed his mind. He apologized for starting to motion 'safe' but thats bull**** he was biased.

despite all this Down two last inning. lead-off guy gets out. second hitter gets on. Last inning heroics anyone? I'm tying run against best pitcher last inning biggest game of the year. I took the first pitch as always... strike. second pitch fouled off , pulled it. 3-4 pitches ball.

Past few games I have been swingin a little top of the ball. Pregames my coached finally got me to figure out and fix the 'knick' in my swing. 2-2 count outside cutting fastball and i beat the **** out of it.... the first baseman semi dives rob bing me of a double. This stupid kid sucked last year and now I think hes one of the best defensive players ... he saved a bunch of errors. He didnt even catch it he just stuck his ****ing hand out and it fell in on a hop. And then next kid grounds out losing the game.

I have finals tomorrow... I will have a hard time studying though now... i'll try to study later or on the bus.

edit-sorry forgot about cursing ... i think i got rid of it.