PDA

View Full Version : NERDS postworkout?

JSully
05-03-2004, 10:14 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a problem with the candy: Nerds. I love 'em. lol... And looking at the nutrition facts on the side .. it says:

Serv Size: 1tbsp (15g)
Servings per box: about 3
Calories: 60
Fat: 0g
Sodium: 0mg
Total Carb: 14g
Sugar: 14g
Protein: 0g

Ingredients: Sugar, Dextrose, Corn Syrup, Malic Acid, and Less than 2% artificial flavors... and a whole bunch of dye (red40, blue 1, yelllow6, etc.)

I wonder if this would be a decent "snack" postworkout to refill glycogen levels? or am I totally insane and brainwashed by nerds!!!??

ectx
05-03-2004, 10:25 PM
LOL, not so insane. I know some members of this forum who eat smarties post workout.

AllUp
05-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Yeah, Smarties are Teh Win. Those things are like straight dextrose. :p

j/k. I gobble em on my carb days. :)

ryuage
05-04-2004, 12:38 PM
smarties, sprees, pixie sticks, lots of candies derived from dextrose!

Jasonl
05-04-2004, 01:12 PM
I agree that Smarties are better, but you would probably end up spending less money on a bit tub of dextrose.

AceM2
05-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Smarties/Sweettarts and most knock offs are just dextrose/malto and citric acid with a bit of coloring. They're no different than buying dextrose powder and mixing it in with your shake, except that you get something crunchy and tangy instead. Nerds are more sucrose and such judging by the label, and would not be as good, but I have no idea what the true breakdown is. I try to avoid anything that lists "sugar" or "corn syrup" (specifically high-fructose corn syrup) as primary ingredients, but to each his/her own, they aren't the worst thing you could eat post workout.