PDA

View Full Version : anyone seen Godsmack/Metallica?

Ozzy Osbourne
05-03-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm going to see them on Friday. Anyone seen the show? How was it?

The_Brick
05-04-2004, 05:33 AM
I saw Metallica on Jan21, if its the same show they wont play much of St Anger and will play the good old stuff like Fight Fire with Fire, Master of puppets, Ride the Lightning, One, SO WHAT!
The sound was excellent and way too loud which is the way I like it. They have a slightly better than average array of pyrotechnics but havent really improved their use of pyros since 1998, when I last saw them. James still sounds excellent though he needs the crowd to get behind him, he just seemed a little unsure of what he was doing up on stage playing to yet another generation of teenage metallica fans but maybe that's just what I was thinking when I saw young kids and teenage girls in the mosh pit. More power to those kids and to metallica though!!! I hope they never quit because they simply rock hard!! Kirk Hammet is still full of himself while James is a team player type, the new bassist is friggin hardcore and adds a much needed edge to the ageing band!!! It was the second best concert I've been to. The best concert was Reload in 1998!

I don't know about Godsmack.

ogarchamplin
05-04-2004, 06:47 AM
I saw Metallica on the And Justice For All Tour and the Black Albumn tour. I just missed Godsmack at Hershey like a week ago

BCC
05-04-2004, 10:20 AM
I thought about seeing them here, but I'm not going to pay that much money. I can pay less and see 16 bands at Ozzfest (not that many of the bands are worthwhile this year).

WillKuenzel
05-04-2004, 11:22 AM
This will be the first Metallica tour I've missed in 4 tours. I still love their old music but I ain't paying that much anymore.

Rock
05-04-2004, 01:08 PM
when I was in the army they were in my hometown, and all my friends got to see them at first row.

orbital
05-23-2004, 08:49 PM
I went to the show here in Vancouver with Metallica and Godsmack about 2 months ago. Blew me away. Pyro and revolving stage were really cool. Metallica's dedication to its fans was second to none of any band I have ever seen. How was the show where you are?

JuniorMint6669
05-23-2004, 09:56 PM
I saw them in march when they were in cali. Was pretty badass. Like the brick said, most of there stuff was older, which was good. Godsmack was awesome too.

Giddo
05-24-2004, 03:04 AM
Haven't seen them since the justice tour. Was exellent though that cd has been in my car since I was 17.
We should do a poll on favourite album?
Kill em all?
Ride the lightening?
Garage INC?
Master of puppets?
And justice for all?
Metallica?
Load?
Reload?
S&M?
I don't know how to set a poll up but someone should, They rock!

AllUp
05-24-2004, 10:27 AM
I don't know how to set a poll up but someone should, They rock!
umm. Ogar? :)

ogarchamplin
05-24-2004, 12:28 PM
umm. Ogar? :)

Poll Poll did i hear hear somone needed help in making a poll? give me info

Berserker
05-24-2004, 05:10 PM
I saw the black tour. Paint twenty something. Concerts are expensive now.