PDA

View Full Version : 80 Pound weight loss while gaining muscle?

zigak
05-04-2004, 12:32 AM
First post here and I had a few questions. First off I'm 29yo 6'3 and weigh about 280, according to what I have read I'm about a 50/50 cross between an endomorph and a mesomorph. 200 is my goal weight, and ideally I would like to tailor my diet to drop the fat as fast as possible while gaining or just maintaining the muscle I have.

I've considered just extreme dieting, dropping the majority of the weight while doing primarily cardio but honestly this is a big lifestyle change for me and I would like to do things right, however 1-2 pounds fat loss a week is just too damn slow.

I'm really serious about hitting the weights and have done a lot of reasearch and pretty much have my routine down, its just the diet part that is still giving me problems.

They recomend X grams of proteins multiplied by your body weight, is that my ideal body weight, or actual?

What do you suggest diet wise for my goals?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. If this has been rehashed mutiple times before please provide the link to that discussion because I really couldn't find anything via search for anyone who needs to loose 50+ pounds of fat.

Spartacus
05-04-2004, 02:48 AM
whats your bodyfat percentage? sounds like youre more on the endo end right now.

many people have luck doing btoh when just starting out and when starting from a high bodyfat percentage. do you know your bf% is at right now?

protein: the number is for lean body mass, many people just round up to total wieght, but if you have a large amount of fat, you can go with lean body mass.

basics of a good diet for your position: get some fish oil, enough protein, get lots of fruit/veggies, cut out pop/junk food, lots of water, multivitamin, make sure you get your calicum and magnesium, get at least 50-75g fat a day mostly monofats (olive oil, almonds, macadamias, peanuts), some whole grains/beans. you could go quicker but slow can help tighten up skin, let you gain some muscle at the same time. some carbs/protein should be around traininng. i think thats all the important things

search "cutting/cut" etc for more info ask if you can't find it

Ğragons
05-04-2004, 08:33 AM
well the way im losing weight, i was first trying to set a goal of 200 lbs for myself or something like that, then i got told to check in the mirror, and do it that way

id rather be big and have the muscle, than lose a load of weight and lose the muscle