PDA

View Full Version : Lack of motivation...

pastdoubt
10-10-2001, 06:19 AM
What's up guys... I need some advice here... I am totally unmotivated:(:(:(! I dunno why, it's weird, it's like I want to be consistant in my diet and training, but I CAN'T. My willpower is gone! Last year I used to be so much more cut and **** and my arms were a lot bigger, but since slacking off this summer I can't get back my fire. I used to not even cheat or have a cheat day, and training came before anything else, no matter how important it was. Surely someone else knows what I'm talking about... how can I get motivated AGAIN!!!??? I don't mean just minor motivation, I mean the kind I used to have, the kind where when people think of you they think "wow, he is taking this waaaay too far :)"!

PS
Please don't flame me, I'm not just some lazy slob that needs to "just shut up and do it." I have shut up and done it before, I just need something to fire me up. Please don't suggest ephedrine either, lol.

KeepPushing
10-10-2001, 06:26 AM
maybe u need to rethink things and set your goals.... than work from there.

maybe award urself every 2 weeks or 3 with a cheat day ...

YatesNightBlade
10-10-2001, 08:20 AM
*Change Your Diet
* Change your Workouts
* Read some Books and Articles on Lifting and Nutrition
* Set yourself Goal
* Buy Flex Magizine or Muscle Mag International
* Never give up. Your different to everyone you know, stay different

KeepPushing
10-10-2001, 04:09 PM
my goal is to look good for this gurl i like....

also its cuz i never accomplished this goal of being fit before ... i have always given up..

but thanks to the girl i like and the determination and persistance to finally succeed in something keeps me going....... its either one or the other that keeps my flame going....... Keep Pushing!!!!!!!

KKL
10-10-2001, 04:30 PM
read dinosaur training by brooks kubik.. while it's a strength book rather than bodybuilding it is VERY motivational

Frankster
10-10-2001, 04:54 PM
do it you lazy bum! :D

Actually, I'm a lazy bum too latelly :(

Frankster
10-10-2001, 04:55 PM
wait.. how about this.. I kick you in the arse, you kick me back?

*kicks pastdoubt in the arse*

pastdoubt
10-10-2001, 09:27 PM
*kicks frankster in the arse, steals his tuna - never to be returned unless he makes it to 225 @ 5% bf ;)

YatesNightBlade
10-11-2001, 04:22 AM
MMMmmm building a good body is not easy. It take people years of hard work and dedication. Are you willing to go through all this for a girl ???? For a start you've gotta want this for yourself and yourself only. You might go off this girl ..... and she might have bad breath .... then what ???

Pup
10-11-2001, 06:10 AM
bad breath...bwhahaha. Seriously though, yates is right, you have to want this for you, you have to be dedicated, if you aren't whole-heartedly willing to do what it takes then don't try to kid yourself...it'll only make you feel worse.

BTW yates, what's with this buy flex magazine stuff tuttut

YatesNightBlade
10-11-2001, 06:21 AM
Because it's funny seeing them print a Pro's workout and diet and then seeing it totally different next issue. Seriously tho, I find the pics great for motivation.

Dorain Yates is a great motivator to me ...... just that fact that he destoyed all compition and everyone else was fighting for second place. Sheer Class.

syntekz
10-11-2001, 07:55 AM
Ya; Flex had a routine for circuit training. And on arm day they said to do Bicep Curl, Incline Bench, and Light Squats. Whats up with that?

notSoBig Guy
10-11-2001, 07:48 PM
Picture yourself all huge and ripped.

NOW GO TO THE GYM AND LIFT HEAVY AND HARD!!!!

(and eat a lot)