PDA

View Full Version : Mic Soloist's Road To Swoll

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mic Soloist
05-04-2004, 12:19 PM
I am currently cutting, and for the last few weeks I have been slacking off on diet. I have been getting adjusted to my new job and I really have been bullsh-tting to much. I haven't missed any training though, so I'm not incredibly off track.

I am taking everything totally serious and I WILL post in here every day. This is gonna be my method for tracking everything so please add any comments you see fit.

Current Stats

5'11

168 pounds

Waist: 32.5

Chest: 43.25

Arms: 14.5

Forearms: 11.5

Quads: 22

Calves: 14.5

Neck: 16

My goal is to get down to 7-8% BF and stay shredded for the summer. The last time I had a caliper I was 10%, but that was when I was 155-160 when I first started my bulk. I would guess I am about 11% now.

I will be eating about 1700 calories per day and doing cardio at least 3 times per week. Also drinking at least a gallon of water per day.

Mic Soloist
05-04-2004, 12:25 PM
yesterday was back/bicep day

Chin-Ups

Set 1: BW x 8
Set 2: BW x 7.75
Set 3: BW x 5

Machine Row

Set 1: 160 x 10
Set 2: 160 x 10
Set 3: 160 x 10

DB Shrugs

Set 1: 75 x 12
Set 2: 75 x 12
Set 3: 75 x 12

DB Bicep Curl

Set 1: 40 x 8
Set 2: 40 x 8
Set 3: 40 x 6
Set 4: 30 x 10

I stayed very intense and knocked all of that out in about 45 minutes.

Today is chest day. I will be leaving soon and return with stats....

Saint Patrick
05-04-2004, 12:44 PM
I think you should add a little more for your lats, but that's just me.

Like add a 4th set on the chins and rows, or add another excercise, like pulldowns.

Mic Soloist
05-04-2004, 12:58 PM
I think you should add a little more for your lats, but that's just me.

Like add a 4th set on the chins and rows, or add another excercise, like pulldowns.

i was thinking the same thing. I didn't have a whole lot of time yesterday but I think I will add another exercise next week.

Mic Soloist
05-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Tuesday May 4 2004

Just got back from the gym. I worked out with my girlfriend and we're gonna start working out together again. She has had a long lasting knee problem that needs surgery so she's been away from the gym for a while. But the Doc told her she could work her upper body and swim or lightly use the eliptical for cardio. So we're back at it, better than ever.

Chest Day

** = slight assistance from spotter for last rep or two

DB Flat Bench Press

Set 1: 75 x 7.75
Set 2: 75 x 8 **
Set 3: 70 x 8 **
Set 4: 70 x 9 **

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW + 20 x 8
Set 2: BW + 20 x 8
Set 3: BW + 20 x 8

Cable Crossovers

Set 1: 80(on each side) x 10
Set 2: 80(on each side) x 10
Set 3: 80(on each side) x 12

I'm gonna train tris with shoulders on saturday. I ran out of time today. It was an intense workout that lasted about 45 minutes.

Already mapped out my cals 4 today....

I'm gonna finish the day with

Calories: 1720
Fat: 53
Carbs: 129
Protein: 201

I've 5 500ML bottles of water so far. Plan on having about 4 more. So that is over a gallon. I'm gonna try to have at least 8 bottles per day.

Mic Soloist
05-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Gonna hit the gym and do about 45 minutes of cardio tomorrow. I'll be back with cals tomorrow night.

We got a show tomorrow night at a bar up the road. Should be fun....

I need to see Kill Bill and I need to buy Pumping Iron on DVD. Gotta take care of that ASAP

Saint Patrick
05-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Your girlfriend has bigger quads than you do :D

BTW you can get Pumping Iron on DVD at Target for $15.

Mic Soloist
05-05-2004, 01:00 AM
Your girlfriend has bigger quads than you do :D

BTW you can get Pumping Iron on DVD at Target for $15.

:(

*squats*

Mic Soloist
05-05-2004, 01:33 PM
I spilled milk on my damn keyboard last night so I had to buy a new one today. I'm so broke I had to buy a cheap ass one. I hate it!!!!

Going to go do cardio soon.... be back later.

Song of the Day - BB King - I'll Survive

JaN11784
05-06-2004, 12:51 AM
:)

Mic Soloist
05-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Hump Day May 5, 2004

I did 15 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and 20 minutes of 2 on 2 bball...

Then we had a show tonight and I performed for 20 minutes, sweating my balls off. It went well, very very well.

Today was good, but I kinda felt like **** through part of the day. Oh well...

2morrow is leg day, bout to kill the wheels. I'll be sore this weekend.

Calories

Fat: 42

Carbs: 148

Protein: 186

Mic Soloist
05-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Thursday May 6, 2004

Just finished a natty p-nut butter and no sugar jelly sandwich....

and I must say:

GOD I LOVE NATTY PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!

Mic Soloist
05-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Thursday May 6, 2004

Pushed leg day back until tomorrow because my boys wanted to play some outdoor ball tonight since the temp hit 85 today. Two people got hurt so we only played for about an hour. Leg day first thing tomorrow.

For today rest and hour of mild cardio

Calories: 1728

Fat: 52

Carbs: 146

Protein: 188

Saint Patrick
05-06-2004, 11:12 PM
mmmmm....natty

Mic Soloist
05-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Friday May 7, 2004

Enjoying some whole wheat pancakes for breakfast.

mmmm mmmm:):)

Mic Soloist
05-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Friday May 7, 2004

Feeling very tired today. I slept for almost 10 hours last night and I'm still drained. I've felt like this all week. Went to the gym and did legs and abs today.

Leg Presses

Set 1: 8 Plates(360) x 8
Set 2: 8 Plates(360) x 8
Set 3: 8 Plates(360) x 8

Sled Lying Calf Press

Set 1: 270 x 20
Set 2: 270 x 25
Set 3: 270 x 23
Set 4: 270 x 30

Seated Ab Machine Crunches

Set 1: 90 x 25
Set 2: 110 x 25
Set 3: 110 x 25
Set 4: 110 x 25

I didnt do a lot of different things today but my legs are very sore. I had intentions of maxing out on the leg machine because I've been squating for a while and I wanted to see what I could do on there. But I loaded 8 plates on and decided that would be good for sets today. It wasn't easy but I know I could do more with less reps. I'll go back to squats next week but I may test my one rep max on the machine as well.

Tomorrow I'm gonna train shoulders and triceps. My normal new routine will look like this.

Sunday - Back/Biceps
Monday - Cardio
Tuesday - Chest/Triceps
Wedesday - Cardio
Thursday - Legs
Friday Cardio
Saturday - Shoulders

I will do abs pretty much every time I lift, or possibly when I do cardio. I will make sure to do them at least 3 times per week. I am gonna try to cut this BF down as quickly as possible now. That means my diet is even stricter. I probably won't cheat (drink) this weekend at all. That will mark the first weekend I haven't drunk some beer in as long as I can remember. I am almost angry with my body right now. I want this low BF so ****in bad and I just stay looking the same. It is very frustrating because I put in SO MUCH work at the gym. It is a HUGE part of my life and I want to reap the reward. The only answer is working even harder and taking more pleasures outta my life. So beer has gotta go at least this weekend. I AM NOT GOING TO FAIL!!! I will have a shredded body this summer. I am currently right around 11%, possibly 10%. I will have a caliper ASAP. I will not stop until I am at least 8%, possibly 7%. And I want to have my waist at 30 inches or below. So that is two inches+ I gotta lose soon. This maintaining **** has got to stop. I don't go to the gym and bust my ass as hard as I possibly can multiple times a week just to look the same in the mirror. The time to be serious is now!!!

Calories: 1841
Fat: 50
Carbs: 174
Protein: 186

Cals and carbs were to high today, but I started the day off with a batch of whole wheat pancakes that put me 90 carbs in the whole to begin the day. I wish I could have kept things lower but I'll do better tomorrow.

geoffgarcia
05-07-2004, 04:53 PM
brotha...u gotta work on your spacing....
good luck on ur quest! 30" is tiny (waist)! but u can do it!

Mic Soloist
05-07-2004, 04:57 PM
brotha...u gotta work on your spacing....
good luck on ur quest! 30" is tiny (waist)! but u can do it!

spacing?

Dedicated
05-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Have you ever tried refeeds?

Edit: NM you have I remember now, do you still do them though? Did you find it beneficial? Did it help "kickstart" the weightloss again?

Mic Soloist
05-08-2004, 12:08 AM
With help from Patty I did a refeed about a month ago. It didn't really jumpstart anything but I wasn't exactly doing the best cutting job I could since then so I'm not saying refeeds aren't a good idea. I am sure I'll try another one soon. It certainly didn't hurt, and it was fun as hell.

Dedicated
05-08-2004, 12:15 AM
Good stuff, I'm thinking they help, I'll let you know next Friday for sure hehe. I did one last Saturday and my weightloss was kind of slowing down and well today I weighed in at 173, so Im losing weight again. I'm guessing the refeed helped me. If I lose weight again I think I can thank the refeeds for it. We will see. Tommorow I refeed again, and yes they are FUN:D It gives you something to look forward to. I think it's good that you are cutting back on the beer, personally I don't drink anymore myself.

Mic Soloist
05-08-2004, 12:28 AM
yea, I may do another one too. I am going to get up early tomorrow and go do some shoulders/tri's. Then maybe return later in the day for cardio.

Do u have a journal?

Here is my Fitday Journal if anyone cares:

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=MicSoloist&Year=2004&Month=4&Day=7

Dedicated
05-08-2004, 12:30 AM
Yea I have a journal here and I keep a fitday, let me make it public really quick and I'll post a link. It's very up to date, everything I eat goes in there, everything every single day. I also need to workout/refeed tommorow, I figured it's better to do on a Saturday because I have saturdays off from class and well I workout on saturdays so it just seems like the perfect day.
The only thing I have been slacking on is the fish oil, I sometimes forget that, but I won't take that when I refeed though. Oh and I don't put workouts in my fitday, only very rarely, I prefer to post those here because it's easier to see progress with a journal here when it comes to lifting.

Here's my fitday.
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=DedicatedWBB

Dedicated
05-08-2004, 12:39 AM
What's that tilapia in your journal? I know it's fish but how do you buy it/cook it etc. It seems to be really really high in protein and maybe it's something I should add to my diet.

Mic Soloist
05-08-2004, 02:54 AM
I get it frozen in a bag from Kroger. You preheat the oven to 350 and cook for about 15 minutes. Add whatever spice you want. It is one of my favorite fishy's. Yummy stuff.

Dedicated
05-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Cool thanks, I will check the frozen isle next time I go shopping.

Mic Soloist
05-08-2004, 11:09 AM
u got a link to your journal

Dedicated
05-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Yup
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=785168#post785168

geoffgarcia
05-08-2004, 01:13 PM
your signature is exceptionally long and double spaced, thats all I meant:)
at 1024x768 your sig takes up about an entire full screen for me

Saint Patrick
05-08-2004, 02:04 PM
I didn't realize they sold them frozen in bags. I've been buying them fresh from the seafood department, but that sh!t gets expensive

Mic Soloist
05-08-2004, 03:42 PM
I get them in a bag with anywhere from 4-8 pieces I believe. Each piece is sealed individually. They are still pretty expensive though.... but damn good.

Mic Soloist
05-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Saturday May 8, 2004

Just got back from the gym..... I'm pretty tired. Intense workout. I did shoulders and triceps today

Seated DB Shoulder Press

Warmup Set: 35's x 8
Set 1: 55's x 8
Set 2: 55's x 7
Set 3: 55's x 8

Arnold's

Set 1: 45's x 6

Damn, those will max out your shoulders quick... lol

Lying BB Tricep Extension

Set 1: 60 x 8
Set 2: 60 x 8
Set 3: 60 x 8

Hadn't done those in a while so I went kinda light.

BB Upright Row

Set 1: 100 x 8
Set 2: 100 x 8
Set 3: 100 x 8

Cable Tricep Pushdown

Set 1: 120 x 15
Set 2: 130 x 10
Set 3: 130 x 10

Smith Machine Close Grip Bench

Set 1: 105 x 10

Just did that set to max out my burning triceps

Not much to say other than I had a damn good workout. Stayed in the gym for about an hour, knocked out a lot of stuff, and left sore. I meant to hit another few sets for my shoulders, but the presses wore me out.

Might play some ball later. I really want some beer tonight.... but I doubt I give in now. I'm doing really well. I'll be back with nutrition stats. Gotta go work on a song.

Nutrition

Calories: 1840
Fat: 52
Carbs: 145
Protein: 213

Mic Soloist
05-10-2004, 12:30 AM
Sunday "Mother's Day" May 10, 2004

Today I was with the family all day so I didn't lift. But I did play 5 long games of 2 on 2 basketball tonight and worked up a damn good sweat. So I got a good cardio session in. I'm doing back tomorrow.

Nutrition

Calories: 1464
Fat: 42
Carbs: 114
Protein: 170

everything was incredibly low today. I was gone all day and I couldnt find anything healthy to eat. I'm about to have two scoops of whey and go to bed. Sucks that I'm finishing with less than 1500 cals, but oh well. Maybe I'll lose some damn weight.

I need a scale so I can check my sh-t in the morning instead of at the gym. Gotta get one.

Back/Bi's tomorrow.... for now it's time to pass out. No beer in 8 days. Going strong:)

Mic Soloist
05-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Monday May 10, 2004

Where should I began to describe how sh-tty today was???

I counldn't fall asleep until 5am last night and I had to get up at 7:30am to go to the doctor with my girl to find out about her knee injury. After that I put in some apps at some places and then came home and went to sleep at 3:00pm until 7:45pm. Me and her went to the gym at 9:00pm to do Back/Biceps. I considered just doing cardio and pushing the lifting back till tomorrow since I was very tired and my muscles were tight. Well, stupid ass me decided to go ahead and lift.....

Chin Up's

Set 2: BW x 8
Set 3: BW x 6
Set 4: BW x 5.5

Lever Row

Set 1: 150 x 10
Set 2: 150 x 10
Set 3: 150 x 10
Set 4: 150 x 9 and then INJURY!!!

I was going for my 10th rep when I heard a pop/crunch in my neck. I dropped the weight and went out of the gym area to lay on the ground. Here I am 40 minutes later and my entire right side of my back and lower neck is still as..... something really stiff. It hurts like hell to move my neck and my back is killing me. I dunno WTF I did but it isn't good. I hope I don't have to take time off from lifting.

I went on to do some DB curls. 1 set of 8 with 35's.... boo!!!

I gotta get some damn rest and hope this feels better tomorrow. I'm a complete idiot. I knew I shouldn't go for another rep. Plus I knew I was to tired to lift. I am usually smarter than this. But now I may pay the price for forgetting about safety.

:(:(:(

Mic Soloist
05-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Monday May 10, 2004

Nutrition

Calories: 1784
Fat: 46
Carbs: 142
Protein: 211

That was today.... I'll pray for my back

Mic Soloist
05-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Tuesday May 11, 2004

I just woke up and my neck and back are stiff, but feel much better overall. I can tell the pain isn't as constant and is certainly not as intense. I think the ice and almost 9 hours of sleep helped.

I am going to the gym today but I'm not sure I know what I'll be doing. It is supposed to be chest/tri day, but if my back hurts I will ethier do legs and cardio or just cardio.

We'll see how it goes.

Alke
05-11-2004, 12:43 PM
ouch, I had similiar **** happen to me. if you felt a snap then it is the muscle and just needs time to heal. if it is a pop, like you said then I would go to a good chiro and have him put it back.

I had a pop in my upper back, below the neck on weighted pullups a year ago and my chiro fixed it so I could go right back to lifting like normal.

good strength on that shoulder tri day man, are you doing weighted pullups? sets of 8 is hot, and you could start adding weight now for more growth.

Mic Soloist
05-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Tuesday May 11, 2004 aka Lazy Day

Well I went back to sleep unil 5:00pm. LOL, I must have really needed rest. My back is feeling pretty decent so I think I'll at least attempt a chest day. I think I'm gonna switch up my order, maybe do dips first.

I've had the same damn chest routine for like a year. I need to shock my body a little bit. We'll see how is goes.

Ken - Thanks for the advice on the back. I think I pulled a muscle and it'll just have to heal with rest. I did do pretty well on should/tri day. Thanks for the props. I am doing sets with just body weight on chin-up's now. I have yet to get three sets of 8, but I was proud of the 8,8,6 that I got. It seems as I get lighter, I can do more(obviously). If I get 3 sets of 8 for a few weeks in a row I will add some weight.

Mic Soloist
05-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Tuesday May 11, 2004

I just did some measurements on a VERY empty stomach. I'm happy with the waist but disappointed with my arms.

Waist

Relaxed: 31.5

Flexed: 31.25

Totally exhaled(pushed out): 32

Chest

Flexed: Slightly under 43

Arms

Left: Right over 14.25 :(

Right: Right under 14.5 :(

So it seems I've lost some on my waist, but also lost a little on my chest and my arms. This **** is very weak.

Alke
05-11-2004, 04:34 PM
my arms were around 14.5 when I started too, it takes some effort, but they WILL grow. your past the hard part, which is the first year. I think it takes a year for ones body to respond appropriately and get the idea that you want it to grow.

those are good measurements man.

man, you got my vote to add weight to those pullups NOW, sets of 8, 8, 4-6 with BW is outstanding (anymore reps with BW would just be building endurance in my opinion), and the sooner you add weight the better. I'll stop now, I am always telling people to do weighted pullups LOL, I am such a pullup whore :D

thats cool that you feel better, Im not a doctor but I think if it was skeletal you would still be kinked up and need a chiro, but if your just stiff/sore then I would think you pulled/snapped a muscle.

Mic Soloist
05-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Tuesday May 11, 2004

Well today is no longer "lazy day". Bodybuilding is the funniest thing.... Even when you defy all personal expectations and do better than you probably should have been able to do, you still walk away a little disappointed. That is how I would describe the hour and a half plus some workout I just had. Here is how it went

Chest/Tricep

Since my back was hurt and I am cutting I went in the gym with intentions to do high rep/lower weight today.

Flat DB Bench Press

Warm-up Set: 35's x 8

Back was feeling just fine after a stretch and warm-up so I decided to let it rip

Set 1: 70's x 10 :thumbup:
Set 2: 70's x 8
Set 3: 70's 7.5

The last rep really pissed me off. I really wanted to get a 10,8,8 on the bench today and I fell short. DAMN ME! But I slept all damn day today and all I had to eat before the gym was a bowl of cheerios and 2 scoops of whey. Therefore I was weaker than usual.

Incline DB Bench Press

Set 2: 55's x 8
Set 3: 50's x 8

DB Pullover

Set 1: 40 x 10
Set 2: 40 x 10

This was the first time I've ever done pullovers. I like them though so I think I'll go heavier next week. The 40-pound DB was very easy.

Close Grip BB Bench Press

Set 1: 135 x 8
Set 2: 135 x 6

My triceps were very dead by the time I got around to isolating them. So I decided to go light and that two sets of close grip benching was enough for them today.

Cable Crossover's

Set 1: 70(on each side) x 12
Set 3: 70(on each side) x 12

The good news is my back and neck didn't bother me at all. Except for when I turned my head to look at a hot trainer.... But that only happened once:):)

The kind of bad news is I wasn't very strong today. I did a lot of volume, but I was struggling to get weight that I usually knock out fairly easy. This was obviously due to the fact I was resting my back all day and I didn't eat much at all. I need an IV to pump protein and carbs into my while I sleep. I'm gonna have to make up for it tonight. I got plenty of tilapia and rice in the oven waiting for me as we speak. :clap:

After my weight training session was over I decided I need to get my ass on the elliptical and do some cardio. I have been neglecting cardio and it is time to really get serious about it. I keep thinking back to when I was 155 and I was doing 20 minutes of cardio every other day, playing in two bball leagues, and weight training. I still didn't have a 6-pack, and I still wasn't under 9.5-10% body fat. I don't know if that was due to over training or it was just because I didn't have enough muscle to show under my skin. But I get very frustrated because I have such a sh-tty metabolism. Right now I am being VERY VERY strict with my diet and I am not gonna miss any gym time come hell or high water, so hopefully it will pay off this time. Otherwise I'm just gonna give up on a 6-pack and a lean build and bulk until I'm a swole ass, fat ass, 220 pound monster. One way or another I will be a beast. I would prefer to be a lean, shredded beast, but if I gotta be a fat beast, so be it.

Post-Workout Cardio

Time On Elliptical: 20 Minutes

Calories Burned: 250

Distance 1.92 Miles

Avg. Heart Rate: 129

Highest Heart Rate: 155

During my workout I weighed for the first time in a while. It was night time(around 8:00 pm) but I was basically weighing on an empty stomach cept for the half gallon of water I had had up to that point.

Weight In: 168 :(

I'm gonna try to get a BF% test and ab pinch sometime this week.

Alke
05-12-2004, 12:41 PM
hey man, what up? good sets mic, yeah i know the feeling of a half rep, they can REALLY PISS YOU OFF! :D its like, damn, if I can push it this far, WTF!

70's and cutting is really good weight.

a BF test would be good mate, at 168lbs, it could be time for you to bulk and you dont even know it. How tall are you?

I was also wondering, when you bulk, do you do weighted ab work?

I know that it takes a while to find the right combination of sets/numbers, for myself doing weighted work when bulking to build them up and normal floor crunches without any weight on cutting brings them out.

another thing was focusing on bringing up certain exercises on a bulk (deads, DB rows, BB rows, SLDL's) seemed to exhaust my abs as much as working them directly.

JaN11784
05-12-2004, 12:53 PM

Mic Soloist
05-12-2004, 12:56 PM
hey man, what up? good sets mic, yeah i know the feeling of a half rep, they can REALLY PISS YOU OFF! :D its like, damn, if I can push it this far, WTF!

70's and cutting is really good weight.

a BF test would be good mate, at 168lbs, it could be time for you to bulk and you dont even know it. How tall are you?

I was also wondering, when you bulk, do you do weighted ab work?

I know that it takes a while to find the right combination of sets/numbers, for myself doing weighted work when bulking to build them up and normal floor crunches without any weight on cutting brings them out.

another thing was focusing on bringing up certain exercises on a bulk (deads, DB rows, BB rows, SLDL's) seemed to exhaust my abs as much as working them directly.

For abs I usually do 2 sets of 25 weighted machine crunches and 2 sets of 25 crunches without weight on a ball.

But during my next bulk I am going to do all weighted work. I agree that is a good idea.

My last bulk was sort of a mini bulk. I went from 152 up to 175. And I was only eating about 2300 calories per day. Sometimes less.

I am 5'11. I want to get down to 7-8% body fat for the summer so I have a solid 6-pack. I am probably about 10-11% now and I can't see abs.

Thanks for the advice man.

Mic Soloist
05-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Hump Day May 12, 2004

Went to the gym and did cardio on the elliptical

Time: 40 minutes
Calories Burned: 502
Distance: 3.87 Miles
Resting Heart Rate: 88
Avg. Heart Rate: 130
Max Heart Rate: 160

I turned up the machine to 10 resistance for a while and I was sweating bullets. Overall, very intense session.

I went to the tanning bed today and yesterday. So hopefully I can keep the crackerism to a minimum for the summer :)

Nutrition

Calories: 1830
Fat: 53
Carbs: 148
Protein: 204

Mic Soloist
05-13-2004, 03:53 AM
Why the hell am I still awake???

don't u hate it when you cant sleep???

It's 6:00 am and I'm up.... damn it

*chugs nyquil*

Mic Soloist
05-13-2004, 03:09 PM
I think I'm gonna buy pumping iron today.....

Today is wheel/ab day. I'll probably do 20 minutes of cardio too. Cut is going better than ever!

Be back later after I kill the legs

Dedicated
05-13-2004, 03:29 PM
I HATE it when I can't sleep. Pumping Iron is ok, you can download it off kazaa or maybe get torrent and get it at www.suprnova.org if they have it.

Mic Soloist
05-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Thursday May 13, 2004 - Wheel/Abs

Where should I begin??? This was probably the best leg day I've ever had in my 1 year 4 month bodybuilding career. The intensity level I had today almost made me understand why Arnold compared the "pump" to cumming.

I got to the gym about 6pm. I looked in the bball gym and there were some fellas hooping. I planned on doing some cardio post-workout but I wanted to ball so I jumped in and played 3 on 3. After 2 long, intense, games of 3 on 3 with some damn good players I walked out off the court with my shirt looking like it had been thrown into a lake. And I don't sweat that easily. It was a veeery intense session of ball.

A part of me wanted to push leg day back until tomorrow due to my tired as body.... but not today. Today I was a beast, a starving lion on the hunt, a man possessed, another corny line.... I was determined to kick ass today.

Squats

Set 1: 195 x 8
Set 2: 245 x 5 :clap:
Set 3: 195 x 10

Leg Press

Set 1: 450(10 Plates) x 1 :strong:
Set 2: 360(8 Plates) x 8
Set 3: 360(8 Plates) x 8

Calf Raises

Set 1: 310 x 17
Set 2: 310 x 25

Ab Crunch Machine

Set 1: 100 x 25
Set 2: 100 x 25
Set 3: 100 x 25
Set 4: 100 x 25

Decided to hit a couple of curl sets since my back injury messed up my Back/Bi day

DB Curls

Set 1: 35 x 10
Set 2: 35 x 10

After that session I was a strange mix between incredible happiness and passing out. I would have jumped for joy but I couldn't leave the ground if my life depended on it.

But was this man of steel done for the day???!!!!???? HELL NO

Cardio

15 Minutes on the Elliptical
169 calories
1.35 miles

In all seriousness I must say I'm proud of myself for my determination and hard work in the last couple of weeks. I have worked my ass off every time I walked into the gym and today just capped it off. I hate squats, but I gave them everything I had and I intend of doing that from now on. I am going to have rock hard abs and a shredded body this summer. I'm really not that far off. I just gotta keep this intensity going. Tomorrow I will do cardio and I might cheat a little tomorrow night. I actually don't want to cheat due how hard I've been working, but I gotta reward myself a little. I haven't touched a beer in 11 days so I may throw a couple back tomorrow. But you better believe I'll be back in the gym Saturday to punish my delts on Shoulder day. I'll be back with nutrition later. For now, I'm off to the kitchen.

Mic Soloist
05-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Thursday May 13, 2004

Nutrition Info

Calories: 1807
Fat: 51
Carbs: 160
Protein: 189

Tomorrow is more cardio!!!! I'm can't wait :bang:

Mic Soloist
05-14-2004, 02:27 AM
Just read a few pages in T-Houds journal..... man do I feel small :(

In a few years I'll be right there though!!!

Alke
05-14-2004, 01:32 PM
keep doing legs like that and I will have to hate you :D

Mic Soloist
05-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Friday May 14, 2004

Today is what they call an OFF DAY. My calories have been low so far today but I've managed to have plenty of protein.

I will probably go out tonight and have a few drinks. As hard as I worked this week I deserve it. But I'll be right back in the gym tomorrow for shoulders and probably more cardio.

I think I'm gonna have a refeed day Monday or Tuesday. I already stocked up on the fruity pebble :)

Peace till tomorrow

Mic Soloist
05-15-2004, 02:34 AM
Just got home..... went out to some bars and had about 8 or 9 beers. Bad for the diet but I had a good time. I'll be in the gym bustin as asap tomorrow. Peace till then

Mic Soloist
05-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Heading out to the gym for shoulders and cardio....

be back with results.

Mic Soloist
05-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Saturday May 15, 2004

Just got back from the gym. Today I did shoulders/abs & cardio. I was very weak with my lifts today. Things got off to a bad start when I was setting up the rack to do a seated military press. I smashed my finger between two 45 pound plates. So needless to say, that stung for a bit. But my slightly hung over ass continued to fight against the lack of energy and have a decent session. But I was very disappointed with my strength. It may be due to the beer last night, the fact I only ate twice before lifting, or the strict cutting I've been doing. Time will tell what caused it.

Seated DB Shoulder Press

Warmup: 30's x 10

Seated Military Press

Set 1: 115 x 6 :( :( :(

Then I smashed my *%$@#*& finger and decided to say screw the military and go back to the DB

Seated DB Shoulder Press

Set 2: 50's x 8 (I was going for 10.... this is when I realized I was on weak mode) :(
Set 3: 40's x 10 (slow reps but still :()

Lateral Raise(machine doesn't have amount of weight written on it. Just a number)

Set 1: 7 x 10
Set 2: 7 x 10
Set 3: 7 x 10

Ab Crunches On The Ball

Set 1: 25
Set 2: 25
Set 3: 25
Set 4: 25

Cardio

Machine: Elliptical
Time: 30 minutes
Miles: 3
Calories: 391.5

Nutrition

Cals: 1834
Fat: 54
Carbs: 139
Protein: 210

Be back with calories later

Mic Soloist
05-15-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm probably going to do a refeed monday or tuesday.... My last refeed looked like this

Calories: 3168
Fat: 49
Carbohydrates: 409
Protein: 275

I'll try to keep this one about the same

Mic Soloist
05-16-2004, 07:28 PM
Sunday May 16, 2004

Today I did back/biceps. It was an intense workout that left me sweating and very tired. I deadlifted for the first time ever today. I had a huge problem with grip. The weight wasn't to heavy but I couldn't grip for the barbell very well.

Chin-Up's

Set 2: BW x 7.5
Set 3: BW x 4
Set 4: BW x 4

Machine Rows

Set 1: 180 x 6
Set 2: 160 x 8
Set 3: 150 x 10

Deadlift - MY FIRST DEADLIFT SETS EVER :newbie:

Set 1: 225 x 1 (huge grip problem. couln't hold the weight for sh-t)
Set 2: 135 x 8
Set 3: 185 x 4
Set 4: 135 x 8

As I said.... huge grip problem there. I'm kinda pissed about that.

DB Shrug

Set 1: 75's x 12
Set 2: 75's x 12
Set 3: 75's x 14
Set 4: 65's x 12

DB Curl(slow reps)

Set 2: 45's x 4
Set 3: 40's x 5
Set 4: 30's x 6 (took my gloves off for this set and I lost grip after 6th rep due to sore hands and sh-tty grips on DB's)
Set 5: 25's x 10

That workout took a lot outta me. I can honestly say I busted my ass today. I am mad about the grip problem but I can't get to upset since it was my first time deadlifting. I think I may do deads with DB's for a while. I dunno, but I had a good workout and tomorrow is cardio and tanning bed.

Be back with nutrition later

Mic Soloist
05-17-2004, 12:15 AM
Sunday May 16, 2004

Nutrition

Calories:1580
Fat: 34
Carbs: 143
Protein: 188

This plus a little bit of rice and veggies I had with dinner that went uncalculated

Mic Soloist
05-17-2004, 06:02 AM
Monday May 17, 2004

Well I couldn't sleep at all last night so I'm staying up until I fall asleep. I got some stuff to do this morning anyway. I'm gonna do 45 minutes of cardio today and by the time I finish that and my handle the stuff I gotta do, I'll be whipped. I'll make the sleep up for sure though.

Mic Soloist
05-17-2004, 09:23 AM
Incredible soreness from deadlifts

*passes out on floor*

Mic Soloist
05-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Monday May 17, 2004

Back pain and laziness have consumed my day but I still managed to get in a cardio session right before the gym closed

Cardio on the Elliptical

18:00 Minutes

2 Miles

270 Calories

Saint Patrick
05-17-2004, 11:30 PM
I am mad about the grip problem but I can't get to upset since it was my first time deadlifting.

-Switch to over/under grip

-Ditch the gloves

-Get some chalk

Mic Soloist
05-18-2004, 01:00 PM
thanks patty

well today is refeed..... having plenty of fruity pebbles and other yummy treats

Mic Soloist
05-18-2004, 11:41 PM
Tuesday May 18, 2004

I am refeeding today so I'm stuffing my face with plenty of carbs. I went to the gym and did chest/tricep. I was kinda tired but I got one of the best chest pumps I've ever gotten.

Flat DB Bench Press

Warmup: 40's x 8
Set 1: 70's x 8
Set 3: 70's x 8
Set 4: 70's x 7.5

Weighted Dips

BW + 30 pounds x 8
BW + 30 pounds x 8
BW + 30 pounds x 8

Incline DB Bench Press

Set 1: 50's x 6

My tris and chest were very dead at this point

Cable Tricep Pressdown

Set 1: 120 x 8
Set 2: 120 x 8

Cable Cross-over I did these one after the other with no rest. I dropped the weight each time

Set 2: 70(on each side) x 10
Set 3: 60(on each side) x 10

Cardio

Elliptical

7:30

.8 mile

Hundred something calories

I had intentions of doing longer cardio but the gym closed, oh well. Still got some in. That was a damn good chest day. I'll be back with my huge calorie number.

Refeed Nutrition(if u wanna call it that:))

Calories: 3129
Fat: 38
Carbs: 438
Protein: 266
Sugar: Off the fukkin chart!!!

Saint Patrick
05-19-2004, 01:02 AM
Weighted Dips=:thumbup:

Are you using a belt with plate attatchment, or putting a DB between your legs, or what?

Mic Soloist
05-19-2004, 01:18 AM
Weighted Dips=:thumbup:

Are you using a belt with plate attatchment, or putting a DB between your legs, or what?

I have been doing weighted dips for a long time and I think those and the DB's are what I owe most to my chest growth. I love doing weighted dips, it's like squats for the chest

I use a DB

Mic Soloist
05-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Hump Day May 19, 2004

More cardio..... :boring:

Machine: Elliptical

Time: 33:00

Miles: 3.6

Calories: 470

Yep, the 6-pack isn't far off now. If I can sustain from drinkin for a couple weeks and stay on this pace I will be a ripped dude. I am seeing new cuts every day. Happy days are here again.... :clap:

Mic Soloist
05-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Thursday May 20, 2004

I trained legs/abs today in a brief 40-45 minute workout. I had little break in between sets.

Squats

Warmup: 105 x 8
Set 1: 195 z 8
Set 2: 195 x 8
Set 3: 205 x 10

Legs were tired today. I've been doing a lot of cardio and I just didn't have it in me to go really heavy. That is what cutting is about though. Just gotta keep the muscles working.

Leg Extensions

Set 1: 130 x 8
Set 2: 110 x 8

Haven't done those is a while.... they hurt like hell.

Machine Calf Raises

Set 1: 410 x 12
Set 2: 370 x 20
Set 3: 370 x 25

Crunches One The Ball

Set 1: 25
Set 2: 25
Set 3: 25
Set 4: 25

More cardio on the menu tomorrow. I'll post nutrition later.

Mic Soloist
05-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Friday May 21, 2004

REST DAY

Calories: 1747
Carbs 161
Protein: 196

Mic Soloist
05-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Saturday May 22, 2004

I went to the gym today and did a quick shoulder workout and some cardio

Seated DB Shoulder Press

Warmup: 30's x 10
Set 2: 55's x 6
Set 3: 50's x 7.5

Lateral Raise Machine

3 sets of 8 on 7 setting. I have no clue how much weight it was.

Cardio

Elliptical
20 minutes
2 miles
270 calories

I was warn out today. I also went and played some bball tonight. I played 3 games of 2 on 2 for about and hour. Nothing big

Be back 2morrow for back/bi's

Mic Soloist
05-22-2004, 11:32 PM
Nutrition

Calories: 1746
Fat: 39
Carbs: 170
Protein: 192

Mic Soloist
05-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Sunday May 23, 2004

I did back/bicep's/ab's today. Started out tired but finished with a great workout.

Chins

Set 1: 8
Set 2: 7.5
Set 3: 5

Deads

Set 1: 225 x 5
Set 2: 225 x 5
Set 3: 225 x 6

Lat Pulldown

Set 1: 11(machine setting) x 8
Set 2: 11(machine setting) x 8

Machine Rows

Set 1: 180 x 8
Set 2: 160 x 7

DB Curls

Set 2: 45's x 6
Set 3: 30's x 10
Set 4: 30's x 10

Crunches On Ball

4 sets of 25

I did much better on my deads this week by switching to a half and half grip. It was much easier to grip the weight though it still wasn't easy. I feel comfortable with the weight I'm doing though considering my size and it was only my second time doing deads

Overall I had a very tiring workout. More cardio tomorrow.

Saint Patrick
05-23-2004, 10:19 PM
What sort of rowing machine are you using?

Mic Soloist
05-23-2004, 10:48 PM
What sort of rowing machine are you using?

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/LVSeatedRow.html

Mic Soloist
05-24-2004, 04:07 AM
Sunday May 23, 2004

Calories: 1703
Carbs: 139

I had smoked tilipia off the grill today and it was the best tasting food I've had in months. Damn it was good!!!

Mic Soloist
05-24-2004, 08:47 PM
Monday May 24, 2004

I went to the gym and played 1.5 hours of intense 5 on 5 basketball. I would have hit up the elliptical afterward but I was very tired.

I'm going to bed early tonight. I'm very tired and sore.

Mic Soloist
05-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Tuesday May 25, 2004

You ever go to the gym and have zero energy. I am convinced I've been overtraining and it's catching up with me or today was just the day from hell. I had no energy at all today. I was tired from the first rep. Anyway, I worked chest & tris

Flat DB Bench

Set 1: 70 x 9
Set 2: 70 x 8
Set 3: 70 x 7

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW + 30 x 8
Set 2: BW + 20 x 8
Set 3: BW + 20 x 7 :(

Cable Tricep Pressdown

Set 1: 120 x 12
Set 2: 120 x 12

Cable Cross-Over

Set 1: 70(on each side) x 8
Set 2: 70(on each side) x 8
Set 2: 60(on each side) x 8 *no rest between 2nd and 3rd set

My gym closed at 5 today due to a Jewish holiday but it didn't really matter. After those few short sets I was done. I was so tired today.

I am taking Wednesday and Thursday off to rest. I got a show to do tomorrow night at a big concert hall so I know I'll have some drinks. But I'm gonna back in the gym Friday and hopefully I won't be a damn sissy then.

I gotta go to bed, I'm sore as hell

Saint Patrick
05-26-2004, 01:18 AM
You gonna be on stage? I can just picture you up there spitting rhymes like Eminem in 8 Mile LOL.

Oh and about 1/3 of my chest/tri sessions totally sucked when I was cutting last. As soon as I started bulking I got all my energy and strength back.

Mic Soloist
05-26-2004, 03:32 AM
I've actually been doing music for 2 years. Although I'm not much like Eminem.... and I look nothing like him.

Though he has been working out, but I'm bigger than him last time I saw him:)

But yea, the chest day made me mad. But the good news is I'm down to 166 and I saw my top two abs while flexing today. I'm probably a low 10% now. Gotta get checked.

Mic Soloist
05-28-2004, 01:06 AM
well we won a battle of the bands type of deal Wednesday night. Cash, mag article, studio time, headlining show, ect.

I performed in a black wife beater and got compliments on my body after the show. So that means I must be something right. :)

Bad news is I haven't talked to my girlfriend in 3 days and I fear out five and a half year relationship may be over. :( But if u love something u gotta let it go, so that is what I'm doing, as hard as it is.

My diet has sucked for the last two days. Not enough protein, not much food, lots of beer Wednesday night, and nothing good to speak of. My body is still pretty sore but I'm returning to the gym tomorrow to see what I got.

Probably do shoulders/abs/cardio. I'll be back tomorrow for results.

Mic Soloist
05-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Saturday May 29, 2004

Wow... it's been a crazy few days. I have been on stage 3 of the last 4 nights. Needless to say my diet has been totally screwed up and I just hit the gym for the first time since Tuesday. When I say my diet has been screwed up I basically mean, not much food and quite a bit of beer. Not to mention I spent a lot of money I don't have. But the music is going really well and we got some studio time in a veeeery nice studio, so that is good. Today I did shoulders/abs/cardio

DB Shoulder Press

Set 1: 50's x 10
Set 2: 50's x 8
Set 3: 50's x 8

Machine Lateral Raise

3 sets of 10 reps on the 7 setting

Crunches on the ball

4 sets of 25

Cardio on the elliptical

27:00
2.7 miles
350 calories burned
Avg. Heart rate was in the 130's

I weighed in at 165, which is good, but I hope I didn't lose a lot of muscle in the last 4 days.

Mic Soloist
05-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Sunday May 30, 2004

My whole area got smashed by tornados today. Luckily it missed my hood. But it delayed me from going to the gym. When I was able to go it was 10 minutes till 7 and I get there to find they closed early for Memorial Day. I did a couple of deadlifts and bounced.

Sucks but I'll be back in there to do back and bi tomorrow.

Mic Soloist
06-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Well.... the last few days has been hell.

My 5.5 year relationship is over.

We've been in arguments a lot for the last year or so. We were each others first everything for the most part. She got a job at a this steak house about a month ago and has been working 40+ hours every week. She also started hanging out with a couple girls who work up there. We got into it last Tuesday and she left my house and said she wants to take a break. Thinking it would blow over I didn't call her for a couple days. Then Sunday night I called to warn her there were tornados in her area. She didn't anwser so I called her with a private number. She picked up and hung up as soon as she heard it was me. I called back a lot of times and even left some very emotional voice mails.... no response. I talked to her yesterday morning and basically spilled my heart. She said she understands but doesn't want to be with me right now. I went and talked to her mom last night and her mom said she thinks she's just trying to "see what's out there" since we've been together since we were little kids.

So my only choice is to let her fly and pray she comes back. But it's hard thinking your best friend and soulmate for the last 5.5 years is out with all these people you don't know doing God knows what. Also my friend told me today that he was eating up there and saw her come in with some ugly dude. So that could not be good. Sh-t is terrible.

As I said..... bad times

I've worked out two days in a row but both workouts were pretty short cuz I have had no energy due to the fact I can't keep any food down. I am terribly sick and my diet has been terrible. As soon as I can eat again I'm gonna return to my normal workouts but for right now I can't do much of anything. I'll be back in here and try to update this sh-t but right now I am just is a state of sadness.... I'll do the best I can.

Mic Soloist
06-06-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm still alive, and slowly getting better. This is the hardest thing I've ever went through. Me and this girl were not just boyfriend/girlfiriend. We were literally everything to each other. We spent nearly every free moment together for 5.5 years. This has had an incredible impact on my life. Words cannot describe the pain.

I have drank every night for the last week and had little to no food. Mostly slim fast shake or protein shake here and there. Then it's out to the bars at night. I've still worked out a little, but without any nutrition it's not gonna do much good. I wanted to cut down to 160, but not this way :(

Now I'm 162 and very skinny, but I'm sure I've lost a lot of muscle. I'm gonna try to eat all that I can but it is not easy. I know I'll get through this and continue bodybuilding, but it's not gonna be easy.

Mic Soloist
06-18-2004, 02:38 AM
It's been a long few weeks. Basically me and her are still sorting things out. I went a week without calling her and she came back and said she wants to work it out. But since then things have gotten crazy again.

The good news is I'm now mentally stabel and I've returned to my normal life. I have been in bars drinking every night for nearly three weeks. I have continued to lift but my diet has been pure sh-t. I have still eaten fairly clean but 3-8 beers every night is not good at all. I dropped from 167 down to 161 in a matter of days and I've slowly gained that back. My body is still looking about the same thank God and my lifts are actually doing well too.

I'm still gonna be out in bars some and my diet my not be as strict as it was before but I'm not gonna be crazy like I have been. I'm not gonna let this girl ruin something I've been working my ass off on for almost 1.5 years. So I will now be updating this thing daily. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to hit up some cardio and maybe swim a bit. I'll be lifting again on Saturday for Shoulders/Abs.

Welcome me back :)

Mic Soloist
06-20-2004, 05:50 PM
June 20, 2004 - Back/Biceps

The storm is over..... I am dedicated again. I'm sure my diet may get a lil bad now and then cuz I'm still gonna be out in the bar scene more. Being single for the first time in nearly 6 years will keep landing my ass under the beer tap. But I am going to cut way back. Try to limit it to 1 time a week.... Hopefully less than that. I gained all my weight back plus some. I weighed in the gym today and I was 171. I'm sure a lot of it was water weight but still. So I'm gonna continue dropping body fat slowly like I was before. This time I'm not gonna fast for 2 weeks..... Overall my strength is good and my body is still looking good considering I went on a 3.5 week drinking binge mixed with a ****ty diet.

Chins

Set 2: BW x 7
Set 3: BW x 7

Machine Rows

Set 1: 175 x 6
Set 2: 170 x 6
Set 3: 170 x 7
Set 4: 160 x 8

Cable Front Pulldown

2 sets of 8 reps with some weight... dunno how much

DB Shrugs

Set 1: 75 x 12
Set 2: 75 x 12
Set 3: 75 x 12
Set 4: 75 x 12

NOTE: The shrugs killed my grip

DB Curls

Set 1: 45 x 6 (bad form on last couple reps)
Set 2: 40 x 6
Set 3: 40 x 6
Set 4: 40 x 6

good workout.... now if my life can just be tragedy free for a while I can continue to progress. Pray for me :)

Mic Soloist
06-21-2004, 02:41 AM
man I ate a lotta food today....

This may not be the best way to get serious about my cutting diet. :D

Oh well.... gotta make up for lost time I guess.

Cardio tomorrow.

Mic Soloist
06-21-2004, 04:20 PM
Monday June 21, 2004

Well, it seems me and the lady are back together. Things are going great so far but as I've learned in the past.... my life can only go good for so long. Tragedy is bound to strike soon. But I'm keeping a smile until then.

At least 45 minutes of cardio is on the menu today. I'll be grabbing my new Maxim and heading for the gym in just a few minutes. Once again I am stuffed and it is only 6:00 PM. I guess not eating for a while really makes a normal days food intake seem like a lot. All I've had today is a can of tuna with crackers, a 6 inch turkey sub, a bag of baked lays, few cups of milk, and a couple spoons of natty, and I feel stuffed as hell. Maybe just bloated. But this 45 minutes of cardio should help me out. I am gonna slowly try to take this body fat off until late August where I will begin my bulk up to at least 190, possibly 200. At that point I know I will be kinda fat, but hopefully I'll be a swole fukk as well. We shall see. I have such a fear of fatness due to my fat ass childhood, so hopefully I can stand to add the Bf. I know how to lose it though so that shouldn't be to much of a problem. Just gotta keep with the dedication.

Off to the gym....

Cardio

30 minutes
3 miles
405 cals burned

Nutrition

Cals: 1794
Fat: 48
Carbs: 160
Protein: 185

Mic Soloist
06-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Tuesday June 22, 2004

Today is chest/tricep day and I'm gonna go as heavy as possible on all lifts today. I wanna smash my chest and have it sore till next week.

Gonna do some ab work too. I'll be back with results

snow
06-22-2004, 05:14 PM
keep up the good work

Mic Soloist
06-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Tuesday June 22, 2004 - Chest/Triceps

When I said I was gonna beat my chest to hell, I had no idea how serious I was. My chest had no idea what was coming. This was one of the most intense chest sessions I've ever had.

Flat DB Bench Press

Set 1: 45's x 10 (warmup)
Set 2: 75's x 7
Set 3: 75's x 6
Set 4: 75's x 5.5

Incline DB Bench Press

Set 1: 60's x 8
Set 2: 60's x 8
Set 3: 60's x 8

Lying Bench Press Machine

Set 1: 275 x 1
Set 2: 225 x 6

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW + 30 pound DB x 8
Set 2: BW + 30 pound DB x 8
Set 3: BW + 30 pound DB x 7

Had some bad pain on the last rep

Cable Tricep Pressdown

Set 1: 140 x 6
Set 2: 130 x 8
Set 3: 130 x 7
Set 4: 130 x 6

Cable Fly

Set 2: 80(on each side) x 8
Set 3: 80(on each side) x 6

All I can say is that was an incredible workout for me. I went into the locker room afterwards and my chest looked huge. Bigger than ever. I actually have a bodybuilders frame now. When I am pumped I have a very good body at this point. My body fat is still a little high(11-13%) and I wanna cut that before bulking but I am happy with everything right now. Just gotta stay focused.

Nutrition

Cals: 1760
Fat: 50
Carbs: 138
Protein: 203

Low Carb Special K is the bomb....

Mic Soloist
06-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Cardio bright and early tomorrow.

snow
06-23-2004, 05:52 PM
briefly skimming through some of this, remember my friend, women are a dime-a-dozen.

i came from a 2yr relationship ending and thought it was the end of the world, and the girl barely crosses my mind anymore, and i've found someone 20x better.

be easy.

Saint Patrick
06-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Nice chest session.

Mic Soloist
06-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Wednesday June 23. 2004 - Cardio/Abs

Elliptical

Time: 15 Minutes
Miles: 1.5
Cals: 205

Ball Crunches

4 sets of 25 reps

5 on 5 Basketball

2 games to 12 in the hot sun

Nutrition

Cals: 1527
Fat: 48
Carbs: 99
Protein: 197

Note: I also had 5 or 6 townhouse crackers that I didn't feel like entering into fitday. So I probably ended on around 1700 cals.... :)

peace till tomorrow

Mic Soloist
06-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Thursday June 24, 2004 - Legs

Squats

Set 1: 105 x 8
Set 2: 265 x 2 :) personal best
Set 3: 245 x 6
Set 4: 245 x 6
Set 5: 215 x 8
Set 6: 215 x 8

Lever Leg Extension

Set 1: 90 x 8
Set 2: 90 x 8

Calf Raise

Set 1: 390 x 20
Set 2: 390 x 20
Set 3: 410 x 12

I did 3 quick sets of Underhand Chin-ups

Set 1: BW x 10
Set 3: BW x 8

Might go out tonight for my buddy's birthday. I'll try to keep the beer intake low since I will be drinking at our show on Saturday. My calorie intake has been good so far today. I'll post my daily cals later.

Mic Soloist
06-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Friday June 25, 2004

I went out and had 6 beers last night on my friends b-day. I'll be going to the gym shortly to bust some ass.

Saint Patrick
06-25-2004, 03:49 PM
:alcoholic

ryuage
06-25-2004, 04:27 PM
:fart: why do you have to go to the gym to bust ass thats nasty

hehe just playing

Mic Soloist
06-26-2004, 12:54 AM
Friday June 25, 2004 - Cardio

Elliptical

Time: 25:00
Miles: 2.6
Cals: 345

4 beers for dinner :( Going through sh-t with the girl again....

Somebody please shoot me....

Mic Soloist
06-28-2004, 04:26 AM
The Weekend June 25-27 2004

We had a show, I got very drunk, ate terribly, got back with my girl(this time I think it's really all good), went to a crazy party, played bball all day with a hangover on Sunday.

I missed my Shoulder workout Saturday. I'll probably do shoulders along with back tomorrow. I had tons of Taco Bell tonight. First time I've eaten that bad in a while.

I'm gonna be incredibly strict from now until July 5th when I'm going to Palm Beach for a week and a half. Gotta look good for the beach.

I was wearing a beater at this party and a girl told me I had a beautiful body and she wanted to touch me.

Motivation :strong:

But I'm happily taken again so I guess that won't go anywhere :)

Back to the grind tomorrow/today

Mic Soloist
06-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Monday June 28, 2004 - Back/Biceps/Abs

Well my stupid, drunken, bloated, fat ass is back up to 171 pounds according to the scale I weighed on this evening on a full belly. That's what I get though. One week until I drive 2000 miles to the beach and it seems that abs are out of the question this year. All this damn cardio I've done has gone to waste cuz my stupid ass diet habits as of late. I'm gonna hit up the elliptical every day this week if possible and be hella strict on the diet. If I can get down around 163-165 by next week I'll be happy. As soon as I get back from the beach I'll be bulking so I can really wild out then. I hate myself at the moment though.

Chins

Set 2: 7.5
Set 3: 6.5

Machine Rows

Set 1: 170 x 6
Set 2: 165 x 6
Set 3: 165 x 6
Set 4: 150 x 8

Lat Raise Machine

3 sets of 8(setting on machine) x 8

Db Shrugs

Set 1: 77.5's x 10
Set 2: 77.5's x 12
Set 3: 77.5's x 12

BB Curls

Set 1: 90 x 2 (Damn the bi's were burning today)

DB Curls

Set 2: 45's x 5
Set 3: 40's x 7
Set 4: 30's x 10

Ball Crunch

1 set of 25 with body weight

Ab Machine

A bunch of sets of 15 with 110 pounds. I probably did around 100 crunches total. I lost count. Abs are semi-sore. Doesn't matter cuz I won't be seeing the damn things anytime soon. They will be hibernating at least till next summer. Hopefully I'll get the cutting right at that point.

I will be back with my diet info later. Low carb mania this week.... call Dr. Atkins

Cals: 1683
Fat: 46
Carbs: 126

Mic Soloist
06-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Tuesday June 29, 2004

I'm gonna try and do my chest/tri's today and cardio. Hopefully I can get a shake in between. I got a lot of stuff to do today so I hope I have time. I am already really sore from the back/bi work I did last night.

Mic Soloist
06-30-2004, 02:28 AM
Tuesday June 29, 2004 - Chest

DB Bench

Set 2: 75 x 9
Set 3: 75 x 9
Set 4: 75 x 7
Set 5: 65 x 9

Weighted Dips

Set 2: BW + 30 x 8
Set 3: BW + 30 x 7

Cable Crossover

Set 1: 80 x 8
Set 3: 70 x 8

Short session but my chest was pounding. Plus I got the two sets of 9 with the 75's which is the best I've ever done. I'm happy. Just a preview to my bulk.

Calories: 1777
Carbs: 128
Protein: 209

or something like that....

Mic Soloist
06-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Wednesday June 30, 2004 - Basketball

I played 5 on 5 at the park today for a few hours. Got a damn good cardio session in, and played well.

I really wish I could get rid of this mini tire around my waist, but I guess I'll handle that after the bulk. It just bothers me constantly though. But I guess that's part of bbing.

I'll enter cals later.

Mic Soloist
07-01-2004, 12:22 AM
Wednesday June 30, 2004

Nutrition

cals: 1644
Fat: 56
Carbs: 118
Protein: 178

Plus a couple Lays chips and a gram cracker

Mic Soloist
07-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Thursday July 1, 2004 - Legs/Abs/Cardio

Time to smash my legs and do some cardio. I'm leaving for Palm Beach Monday so I need to keep doing the cardio.

Squats

Set 2: 265 x 6 :):)

(This is the best I've ever done. That's up from my former best which was last week with 265 x 2. This was a great feeling.)

Set 3: 245 x 6
Set 4: 245 x 6 (With feet together)
Set 5: 245 x 6 (With feet together)

Calf Raises

Set 1: 410 x 20
Set 2: 410 x 20
Set 3: 390 x 20

Leg Extensions

Set 1: 70 x 8

Hanging Knee Lifts

3 sets of 20

First time I ever did these and they were killer

Cardio on Elliptical

25:00
2.5 miles
330 cals burned

Nutrition

Cals: 1793
Carbs: 124
Protein: 214

Mic Soloist
07-01-2004, 11:14 PM
:strong:

Shoulders/Triceps/Abs coming up tomorrow....

Mic Soloist
07-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Friday July 2, 2004 - Shoulders/Triceps/Abs

Seated DB Shoulder Press

Set 1: 40's x 8
Set 2: 60's x 6
Set 3: 60's x 6
Set 4: 55's x 7
Set 5: 55's x 6

Cable Tricep Pressdown

Set 1: 130 x 10
Set 2: 130 x 10
Set 3: 130 x 10

Ball Crunches

1 set of 25

Machine Crunches

2 sets of 25 with 110 pounds and 1 set of 30 with 90 pounds

short 35 minute workout cuz the gym was closing. Overall it felt good to handle those 60's like that. I feel the power coming back.

Nutrition

Cals: 1778
Fat: 44
Carbs: 133
Protein: 178

I had a beer tonight... just a preview to my vacation :)

Mic Soloist
07-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Sunday July 4th "Indepedence Day" 2004 -Upper Body Stuff

Well.... I hit the last workout I'm gnna havce until July 15 when I return from sunny Palm Beach Florida. My girl and I are going to be driving down there from here(Louisvile Ky) in the morning to stay with my Grandparents.

Lots of beer and an unmonitered diet are in my future. I will still be taking in my Vit. C and D and my whey daily. I'll also be working out a little in the gym and my Grandparents condo. Plus lots of swimming.... but usually with brew hand.

This will be fun and it will hopefully jumpstart my metab for the bulking when I return.

I did some chest, bicep, tricep work tonight..... busted my ass. I should have done abs but I didn't.....

See ya in 10 days.

Mic Soloist
07-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Saturday July 17, 2004

Well I am back from vacation in sunny Palm Beach Florida..... I ate like a pig and drank like a sailor but had a fun ass trip. I won't even go into detail about some of the bad food I ate but I assume the worst. I also ate some healthy stuff cuz my Granny cooks healthy. So it wasn't all bad. But I did drink everyday and didn't monitor my diet at all. I worked out one time the second to last day I was there. It cost 30 bucks for me and my girl to workout and get a recovery shake. We did a ton of upper body stuff and stayed in the gym for about 2 hours.

Good News

I got 2 sets of 6 and one set of 5 DB Bench presses with 80's. That is a personal best by far.

Then 2 days ago I got 1 set of 65's x 6 on DB shoulder press.

Then yesterday I got 2 sets of 6 with 265 on squats.....

All personal bests :)

I've gained some weight. I am 172 now. I am starting my bulking diet now. I am planning on shooting up to 190-200

We will see how it goes..... Gotta get this diet in order. I'll probably start at 3100 cals per day and see how it goes

Say goodbye to my cuts and hello to some mass hopefully.

Saint Patrick
07-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Congrats on the gains. Keep on bulkin'.

ryuage
07-17-2004, 01:35 PM
bye cuts, bulking is fun

Mic Soloist
07-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Sunday July 18, 2004

This is my first day of my new serious bulking diet. Last night I had a few beers but it's all clean for the rest of the week. I'm gonna bulk as clean as possible but pizza, pasta, ect. will be on the menu from time to time.

I'll post my %'s today and hopefully some of you can tell me if I'm doin aight.

Mic Soloist
07-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Sunday July 18. 2004

I didn't lift today but I played bball all afternoon and evening. Full court 5 on 5.

My cals looked like this..... please tell me if this sounds good for a clean bulk.

Calories: 3075

Fat: 99 29%

Carbs: 289 36%

Protein: 272 35%

How does that look for the day?

I am currently

5'11
173 pounds
14.75 arms
43.5 chest
33.5 waist

I was cutting with 1700 cals.... now I'm bulking with 3100. That sound aight?

snow
07-18-2004, 10:21 PM
Depends on who you ask; personally I don't buy into the theory that you need excess protein to gain weight, in fact, I don't even think it's healthy for you.

The fat percent looks good, but I'd up the carbs and lower the protein, and are you using some kind of whey/weight gaining supplement? That protein level seems awfully high to not have a fat content above 30%. 3,100 cals may be OK, depending on your metabolism.

To tell if it's a clean bulk though, you'd really have to post the foods.

Mic Soloist
07-21-2004, 03:27 AM
Tuesday July 20, 2004 - Chest/Triceps

Flat DB Press

Set 1: 50's x 10
Set 2: 75's x 9
Set 3: 75's x 9
Set 4: 75's x 9
Set 5: 75's x 7

Incline DB Press

Close Grip Incline BB Press

Set 1: 90 x 8
Set 2: 90 x 7

Dips

Set 1: BW+30 x 7
Set 2: BW+30 x 6.5
Set 3: BW+30 x 6

Tri Pressdown

Set 1: 150 x 6
Set 2: 140 x 6
Set 3: 140 x 5
Set 4: 100 x 4

Cable Crossover

Set 1: 80(on each side) x 9
Set 2: 80(on each side) x 7
Set 3: 70(on each side) x 9
Set 4: 80(on each side) x 6

Hellofa workout..... Very tired.

Had about 3000 cals today.... didn't keep total track but I had right around 3000 give or take a couple hundred. Plenty of protein and tons of carbs. I'll keep better track tomorrow.

Now it's rest time

Mic Soloist
07-21-2004, 10:27 PM
Wednesday July 21, 2004

Today I played 5 on 5 bball from 5pm to 10pm

Burned tons of cals...... real great for bulking *sarcasm*

Eating a ton though. I'll post my daily stats when I finally finish eating. :)

*update*

Nutrition

Cals: 2850
Fat: 78
Carbs: 285
Protein: 238

I also had a few gram crackers and a cookie in the morning so I really had around 3000 xals. I was to lazy to type the other stuff in fitday.

Tomorrow I'm doing a back/bi session to make up for missing it Monday. Probably do some squats too since I'll be busy all weekend. Hope to get a short shoulder session in Sunday but that's it.

Mic Soloist
07-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Thursday July 22, 2004 - Back/Bicep

Chin-Ups

Set 2: 7
Set 3: 7
Set 4: 3 :(

Machine Rows

Set 1: 170 x 8
Set 2: 175 x 8
Set 3: 175 x 8

DB Curls

Set 1: 45's x 5
Set 2: 40's x 8
Set 3: 40's x 6

DB Rows

Set 1: 50 x 8
Set 2: 50 x 8

Cable Curls

Set 1: 130 x 8

I am getting bigger. It is very obvious. And my strength seems to be increasing as well. Tummy is getting bigger too....

I was 174 at the gym tonight on a full belly.

Mic Soloist
07-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Sunday July 25, 2004 - Time to smack myself in the face

Been on the road and working all weekend.... Diet sucked, haven't lifted since the 22nd..... fukk me!

My boss said I looked swole today....

then he made me move a bunch of heavy sh-t outside. Uckfay him 2

Be back after I beat the sh-t out of some dumbells 2morrow

Mic Soloist
07-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Monday July 26, 2004 - Chest/Bi

I was weak today at the gym...

DB Bench

Set 1: 75 x 9
Set 2: 75 x 8
Set 3: 75 x 7
Set 4: 75 x 6

Dips

Set 2: BW + 30 x 8
Set 3: BW + 30 x 7.5

Weak...

Mic Soloist
07-29-2004, 12:21 AM
July 29, 2004 - Legs/Triceps

Squats

Set 1: 285 x 4 (Personal Best)
Set 3: 285 x 6 :) :) :) (Personal Best)
Set 4: 265 x 8
Set 5: 265 x 6

Leg Extension Machine

3 sets of 8 with 110

Calf Raises

Set 1: 390 x 25
Set 2: 410 x 20
Set 3: 410 x 20

Close Grip BB Bench

Set 2: 175 x 1
Set 3: 155 x 6
Set 4: 155 x 6

Tricep Pressdown

Set 1: 140 x 10
Set 2: 150 x 6
Set 3: 140 x 10

Good workout overall. New personal best w/ squats. Always a good thing. My girlfriend's mom walked up to me tonight and grabbed my chest and squeezed and said "What's this"??? I laughed and said... "just my chest". She told me I'm looking much bigger and it's a good thing. That is always nice to hear for a low self esteem having SOB like me.

I'll be back with nutrition....

Saint Patrick
07-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Nice Squatting.

What sort of calf raises are those?

Mic Soloist
07-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Nice Squatting.

With a leg press machine.

Long time no speak BTW. I miss your journal entries.

Mic Soloist
07-29-2004, 01:45 AM
Nice Squatting.

LMAO @ your quote. I must agree with you though.... beer and sitting is pretty great. But you sure have flipped the script. I still compliment u on the dedication you showed. Reading your journals have been an amazing inspiration to me.

If u were from around here I'd buy u a beer :)

peace man

Mic Soloist
07-30-2004, 02:45 AM
Thursday July 29, 2004 - Back/Biceps

Deadlifts

I haven't done these in a while and it showed. My grip was keeping me from doing any big weight. Deads are my weakest thing man, I gotta improve

Set 1: 225 x 6
Set 2: 245 x 2 (my grip failed)

Chins

Set 4: BW x 4

Machine Rows

Set 1: 180 x 7
Set 2: 180 x 6
Set 3: 175 x 7

DB Rows

Set 1: 50 x 8
Set 2: 50 x 8

DB Curls

My arms were so dead I had to do 35's cuz I know I couldn't get anymore up. My bi's were killing me.

Set 1: 35's x 8
Set 2: 35's x 8
Set 3: 25's x 8 (done 20 secs after set 2)

Good workout overall. I haven't done abs in a while. I should do that... not that I'll be seeing them anytime soon, but I need to build those b-tches up for my cut next spring.

Nutrition

Cals: 3057
Fat: 95
Carbs: 250
Protein: 291

Saint Patrick
07-30-2004, 02:47 AM
Ab training helps overall core strength (squats, etc.)

Mic Soloist
07-30-2004, 03:42 AM
Friday July 30, 2004

It is the wee hours of the morning and I've figured out my new routine....

Sun: Rest
Mon: Chest/Abs
Tues: Rest
Wed: Back/Shoulders
Thurs: Legs/Abs
Fri: Rest
Sat: Arms/Abs

:):):):) There it is.... fresh for my bulk.

Today is a rest day, I also get my first paycheck @ my new job. I'm buying some creatine this weekend and using it!!! Hell yes, I'm doing dangerous speeds on the road to swoll.

I can feel it, I'll be making Ronnie Coleman look like a shrimp in no time

*Snaps out of insomnia induced dillusions and realizes I still have light years to go*

:(:):(:)

See ya Saturday for my shoulder routine. Next week I begin the new routine. I can't wait.

Mic Soloist
07-31-2004, 06:03 PM
Saturday July 31, 2004 - Weak Ass Shoulder & Xtreme Anger Day

Well it's been a while since I directly worked my shoulders. Why?? Because I've been shifting my split around and I was on vacation and a bunch of other weak excuses. The time off from hitting the delts made todays shoulder session a pathetic sissy fest, and it made me an angry mofo the entire time I was in the gym. I weighed in at 174.5 today, which is the heaviest I have been since I started bodybuilding back in January 2003. However, I was putting up just as much, if not more on shoulder day back when I was 160-165. I hope and pray that todays lousy performance will not carry on to next week. Here is my weak ass lifts....

Seated DB Shoulder Press

Set 1(warmup): 35's x 8
Set 2: 60's x 8 (not a bad start but it's all downhill from here)
Set 3: 60's x 5 :( complete failure after 5?!?!? WTF?!?!?
Set 4: 60's x 4 (I am one pathetic excuse for a man!!!)
Set 5: 55's x 4.5 (somebody please smack me with this 55 pound dumbell :()

DB Shrugs

Set 1: 77.5's x 12
Set 2: 77.5's x 12
Set 3: 85's x 12 :)
Set 4: 77.5's x 12

Lateral Raise Machine

3 sets of Setting 9 On Machine x 8

Smith Machine Seated Military

Time for more wimpy lifts. I must be full of estrogen today!!!

I got mad and said screw it after realizing how pathetic 105 on the smith was. I racked up 155 but couldn't even get a solid rep, so I bounced.

I did put up 195 on the smith machine flat bench for 2 reps. Woopty fluckin doo....

I will no longer neglect my delts or abs. That is a promise!!!! My delts are officially my weakest muscle. I hope with the continued work and the creatine I'm buying tomorrow, my lifts will go up. If not, sign me up for girl scouts.

Mic Soloist
08-01-2004, 02:56 AM
Saturday July 31, 2004

Nutrition.....

Cals: 2896
Fat: 75
Carbs: 336
Protein: 236

Add a couple hundred cals to that. I had a couple gram crackers and a few other small things during the day that weren't tracked. I got just about 3100 today.

In the morning I will go buy my creatine and the real fun will begin.

Mic Soloist
08-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Sunday August 1, 2004

Worked all day.... didn't eat much.... drank my dinner.

Wow I'm a great bodybuilder. Chest/Abs tomorrow.... may God be with me:)

Mic Soloist
08-03-2004, 01:57 AM
Monday August 2, 2004

I have been working a lot at this new job over the last few days. I am working in a brewery and learning how to cook and do a lot of other sh-t. All of the other guys in the kitchen have been to school for cooking while I am a virgin in the kitchen. Needless to say I've been very busy staying after work and trying to prove I can do this job. I've also been drinking quite a bit of free beer since I get all the beer I want for free while working. This isn't good but it would be even worse if I weren't bulking. I hardly ate anything today cuz I don't get any break at work and I was there all damn day. I came home around midnight and had 3 burritos and a mexican pizza from Taco Bell.... lol

Then I had a natty p-nut butter sandwich and a protein shake. I am off until Friday so my diet will be back to normal for these days. I'm gonna have to get his sh-t under control and stop slipping. It really is tough to balance work and bbing these days. But I am determined not to ever give up.

Chest/Abs 2morrow. I'm gonna go extra heavy and see what my malnutritioned body can do.

Mic Soloist
08-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Tuesday August 3, 2004

Loading up on pasta, cereal, chicken, milk, ect. today. I'm going to buy some creatine in a little while and then head to the gym. I'm gonna mix 5g with my post WO shake. Hopefully it won't make it taste like sh-t....

We'll see :)

Mic Soloist
08-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Tuesday August 3, 2004 - Heaviest Chest Day Of My BB Career

Today was a hellofagood day for me and my pursuit of giant status. I benched more than I ever benched, diped waaaay more than I've ever dipped, and bought some creatine and haf my first PWO shake with creatine in it. :clap: I don't know much about creatine so I don't know what to expect, but I hope it helps me in every way possible to become a monster. I'll be taking 5g per day even on off days. Only bad news of the day is I didn't have time to do abs with my chest.

Flat DB Press

Set 1(Warmup): 40's x 8
Set 2: 85's x 6 :strong: :hello: :thumbup: :D Yes I really :whip: ed those 85's. I will return to further beat the sh-t out of those 85's next week. The last time I tried to rep 85's I couldn't get one rep up. That was a month or two ago. My how things have changed.

Set 3: 77.5's x 7
Set 4: 77.5's x 7
Set 5: 75's x 7

I thought I would keep the heavy theme alive for my dips. :)

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW + 70 x 3 :D :D
Set 2: BW + 60 x 3.5
Set 3: BW + 40 x 6
Set 4: BW + 30 x 5

Whoa.... talk about sweating my ballz off and nearly passing out in the gym. I felt like hitting the showers after those sets. BTW, I go alllll the way down on my dips. I see cats taking shortcuts, not I.

Incline Bench Press Machine

Set 1: 170 x 8

Came back to do my 2nd set after I was done with everything else. I was wy to tired and close to total muscle failure. So I did slow ass reps with....

Set 2: 100 x 8

Pullovers

Haven't done these in a while so I started out light. I hung my whole body xcept my neck off the bench for these.... hope I did them right.

Cable Crossover

I did these sets without any rest between cuz the gym was closing.

Set 1: 80(on each side) x 8
Set 3: 60(on each side) x 8

All I can say is whoa.... I'm tired. Took the creatine with my PWO shake... eating pasta right now.

Mic Soloist
08-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Wednesday August 4, 2004

Leaving now to go smash my back and sweat out some deadlifts.

My chest is killing me from yesterday.

Mic Soloist
08-05-2004, 02:39 AM
Wednesday August 4, 2004 - Back/Abs

Well I went into the gym with soreness in my chest and triceps like I have never felt before. It was hurting me to ever raise my arms.

After a warmup set of deadlifts I thought I'd try to go heavy.... and I hurt my back. It isn't bad but it kinda made the rest of my workout go a little worse than it should have. Anyway, on with the stats.

BB Deadlifts

Set 1(warmup): 135 x 8
Set 2: 315 x .25 :( ooouch
Set 3: 225 x 5 with pain
Set 4: 225 x 6

Chins

Machine Pulldown

Set 1: 270 x 5
Set 2: 250 x 6

Machine Rows

Set 1: 180 x 8
Set 2: 185 x 7
Set 3: 185 x 6.5

DB Rows

Set 1: 60 x 8 w/ both arms

Ab Machine

2 set of 25 reps w/ 110 pounds

Not the best back workout ever but my strength is increasing. That is good. After the pulldowns I tried to do a set of chins and got 2 reps... lol

I was tired tonight.

Nutrition

Cals: 3073
Fat: 78g
Carbs: 341g
Protein: 250g

Mic Soloist
08-07-2004, 01:56 AM
I've had 2 days off.... ate pretty good cept 2nite. I got in trouble with the law :(

I will do shoulders and sumthin else 2morrow....

ryuage
08-07-2004, 10:16 AM
what happened, end up in the slammmer? hehe

Mic Soloist
08-07-2004, 10:34 AM
I backed into a dude the other night but there was no damage and he was nowhere to be seen so I left.....

The store had it on tape and when I went back up there last night cops showed up. I gotta go to court for a "hit n run" :(

Plus I had two tickets last month on my way to Florida.

:( :( :(

Mic Soloist
08-08-2004, 12:47 PM
I went to the gym yesterday and hit shoulders/biceps

I'm playing some bball today then going to work

2morrow is legs/abs and Tuesday is Chest

I'm trying to get my routine in order but i'm working a lot and it is tough. My diet has been slipping 2. Last nights dinner was taco bell after not eating for most of the night.

But the creatine seems to be making me stronger, so that's good. i'll post my workout results from yesterday later 2nite.

peace

Mic Soloist
08-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Here is the results for my Shoulder/Biceps workout on Saturday August 7, 2004

Seated DB Shoulder Press

Set 2: 60's x 7
Set 3: 60's x 7

Lateral Raise

Set 1: Setting 10 on machine x 8
Set 2: Setting 10 on machine x 7
Set 3: Setting 9 on machine x 6

Seated Military

Set 1: 100 x 6

My shoulders got tired quick....

DB Curls

Set 1: 50's x 5
Set 2: 45's x 8

DB Shrugs

3 sets of 12 reps with 85's

Mic Soloist
08-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Monday August 9, 2004 - Best Leg Day I Ever Had

My legs were incredibly strong today, and my endurance was insane.

Squats

Set 1: 195 x 8
Set 2: 290 x 6 :D Most Weight Ever Used :D
Set 3: 290 x 6
Set 4: 290 x 8 :D:D:D:D:D:D

I almost stopped, but my legs kept telling me they wanted more.... Could I do it?!?!?!?!

Set 5: 300 x 6 :hello::strong::clap::thumbup: I NEVER thought I had one rep of 300 in me, much less 6
Set 6: 300 x 6

Well, next week I'm gonna go for 305, possibly 310. Good God I can't believe this. My legs got much stronger in the last few weeks

Machine Calf Raises

Set 1: 410 x 25
Set 2: 430 x 15
Set 3: 430 x 20
Set 4: 430 x 20

Leg Machine Press

Set 1: 350 x 8

Leg Curls(lying down kind)

3 sets of 6 reps with 110

Well that was an incredible leg day. I weighed in a 175.2. I'm trying to gain about 1 pound to 1.5 pounds per week. Hopefully I can keep the fat gain to a minimal amount.

Mic Soloist
08-10-2004, 04:57 AM
I decided this will be my new bulking routine. I'm going to actually stick to this one.

Sunday: Legs/Abs
Mon: Rest
Tues: Chest/Tris
Wed: Back/Bi's
Thurs: Shoulders/Legs/Abs
Fri: Rest
Sat: Arms/Upper Body Work

Mic Soloist
08-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Tuesday August 10, 2004 - Chest

Flat DB Bench

Set 1(warmup): 40's x 8
Set 2: 85's x 7 :D
Set 3: 85's x 7 (with help from spotter on last 2 reps)
Set 4: 85's x 4
Set 5: 75's x 8

Incline DB Press

Set 1: 65's x 8
Set 2: 65's x 6

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW+40 x 6.5
Set 2: BW+40 x 6
Set 3: BW+50 x 4
Set 4: BW x 3 (done with no rest right after set 3)

Cable Crossover

3 sets of 8 with 80,70,60 on each side. Done with little to no rest in between sets.

Then I did 10 pushups and fell on the floor.

The creatine is really helping my strength. I am still not satisfied with my bench power. I am happy that I've went up 20 pounds on my bench in the last few weeks but I know I can do better. I think I may see what I can get up on the barbell next week. I hope I can rock at least 200. We'll see.

Nutrition

Cals: 3069
Fat: 70
Carbs: 367
Protein: 256

Mic Soloist
08-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Saturday August 14, 2004 -Upper Body Work

I did 1.5 hours of upper body work....

bunch of bicep work, some tris, some shoulders, some back...

mostley arms, but I needed to make up for the last 3 days of not eating much and drinking.

I'll post nutrition later....

Mic Soloist
08-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Sunday August 15, 2004

I hurt my left arm yesterday.... It hurts in the elbow/lower tricep area when I bend it. Damn... hope it goes away before I rock my chest on tuesday.

I'm doing legs later tonight. Hope to squat 310 for a few reps.

I saw one of my best friends yesterday for the first time in about 1.5 weeks. He has never given me any type of bbing compliments before.

He said "Damn, how long have you been taking creatine? You look a lot bigger than you did last week. Your arms are getting really big"

That made me feel good... cuz I've actually been getting mad about my progress. But anyway....

Album of The Day - Modest Mouse - Building Nothing Out Of Something

Mic Soloist
08-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Sunday August 15, 2004 - Legs/Abs

Squats

Set 2: 195 x 8
Set 3: 310 x 4 (New personal best)
Set 4: 305 x 5
Set 5: 305 x 6

Leg Press Machine

Set 1: 6 plates(270) x 12
Set 2: 8 plates(360) x 12

Lying Leg Curl Machin

Set 1: 115 x 6
Set 2: 115 x 6

Ab Machine

Set 1: 110 x 25
Set 2: 120 x 20
Set 3: 120 x 20

Quick 45 minute workout.... feel like I did good, but I was so damn full from dinner I felt tired the whole time.

I'll try to post nutrition later if I'm home.... All I know is I've eaten a lot today. A whole lot.... many carbs.

Sh-tty Nutrition - Shouldn't have went out to eat and gotta so many carbs

Cals: 3191
Fat: 85
Carbs: 377
Protein: 249

I need to do some cardio and get those carbs down.

Mic Soloist
08-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Monday August 16, 2004

My arm feels much better today. It is still sore but I think I'll manage to do a chest session today. I may hit some shoulders too, just depends.

My typical chest day on my new routine is gonna be tuesday but since I work tomorrow and I'm off today, I figured I'd knock it out.

I'll be back with results.

Ğragons
08-16-2004, 02:07 PM
personal best on the squats, congratz

Alke
08-16-2004, 02:10 PM
nice work mic, AWESOME that you nailed 310 bro'

Mic Soloist
08-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks a lot fellas. I've been getting incredible strength from my legs as of late. Hope it keeps up.

Monday August 16, 2004 - Beat the Sh-t Out Of My Chest & 2 Sets Of Military Presses Day

Flat DB Bench Press

Set 1(Warmup): 40's x 8
Set 2: 85's x 7
Set 3: 85's x 6.5
Set 4: 87.5's x 4 (Personal Best!!!:):):D)
Set 5: 87.5's x 4 + 3 with help from spot
Set 6: 85's x 5

Incline DB Bench Press

DB Pullovers

Set 1: 65 x 8
Set 2: 65 x 8
Set 3: 70 x 5 (then the db fell outta my hand and smashed the floor :() (Personal Best BTW:))

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW + 70 x 2
Set 2: BW + 60 x 4
Set 3: BW + 45 x 7
Set 4: BW + 45 x 7

I felt like I was on gear today.... or at least what I imagine being on gear would feel like. Endless energy :D

BB Military Press

Set 1: 115 x 4
Set 2: 115 x 3

Decline Smith Machine Press

Set 1: 185 x 5

Decline BB Bench Press

Set 1: 135 x 6

Cable Crossovers

Set 1: 80(on each side) x 8
Set 3: 60(on each side) x 8
Set 4: 60(on each side) x 8

I did all of the crossover sets in a row... little rest.

Well, my chest should be sore until next year.... I really had crazy stamina today. The creatine is really starting to take effect. My goal was to be 182 by this time next month, but I was 179.2 tonight on a very full stomach, so I'm gonna have to let up on the food a bit if I only wanna grow 3 pounds by next month.

My overall goal of this bulk is to hit 195-200 and then cut down to around 175. I hope to get down around 8-10% BF and be one ripped SOB by next spring. I was gonna bulk throughout the winter but at this rate I should be at my goal weight by around mid to late November. I'll probably do a very slow cut at that point until March and then speed the process up so I can be ripped.

Bulking comes easy for me because I have a very slow metabalism and I pack on weight easily. Cutting is tough for me because I love beer and I hate cardio unless it's basketball or swimming. I think when I cut again I'm gonna do a lot of swimming. That should make the cardio fun and hopefully develop my shape better. Swimmers always have nice builds.

But things are going good for me now. I feel like I'm getting fat but I know it's all part of the game.... so I'm gonna enjoy it while I can. I'll try to post pics soon.

Nutrition

Cals: 2967 + an oatmeal cookie :)
Fat: 72 (low :( Need to by some flax or whatever it is)
Carbs: 341
Protein: 250 (lots of whey & milk 2day)

Mic Soloist
08-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Tuesday August 17, 2004 - Off

My diet is gonna suck today cuz I got up late and I've gotta work all night which means little to no food and probably some beer. :(

Sucks...

I might get a protein bar on the way in.

Back/Bi tomorrow.

Mic Soloist
08-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Wednesday August 18, 2004

Well my diet sucked yesterday... hardly any food and a bunch of beer last night.

I'm eating as mush as possible and heading to the gym to do back/bi's later tonight.

My strength will probably suck though.

I've made up my mind to chill with the beer. I drink to much and I'm gonna slow down a lot. I bust my ass way to hard in the gym to ruin it with a sh-tty diet.

Be back later with results and diet....

Ğragons
08-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Wednesday August 18, 2004

I've made up my mind to chill with the beer. I drink to much and I'm gonna slow down a lot. I bust my ass way to hard in the gym to ruin it with a sh-tty diet.

Be back later with results and diet....

yeah good look conquering that one :-s
i say im gonna limit myself to 3 drinks when i go out, then i end up getting hammered :p however i hope to limit myself this friday.

hope u can too :p
beer is teh evul

good workout on the PB btw

Mic Soloist
08-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Dragon - The thorn in my side man... glad u can relate.

Wednesday August 17, 2004 - Back/Biceps

This workout sucked for a few reasons.

1. I am hungover
2. I got no sleep last night
3. I haven't eaten much today due to upset stomach

I drug my pathetic ass into the gym and lifted for about 40 minutes. I am proud that I got through this workout without passing out... yes it was that bad.

Deadlifts

Set 1(warmup): 135 x 6
Set 4: 225 x 7

That was not fun :(

DB Rows

3 sets of 60 x 8

DB Curls

Set 3: 40's x 6

DB Hammer Curls

Set 1: 30's x 8

I'm going to eat as much as possible, go buy Pumping Iron if I can find it, watch that, and pass out. Hopefully my stupid ass will not get sh-tfaced again anytime soon.

Good news is my arms were looking swole as hell with the pump after those curls.

Song of The Day - Ryan Adams - Come Pick Me Up

Mic Soloist
08-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Friday August 20, 2004

I had a long day at work yesterday so instead of going to the gym afterwards I chilled with my girl and some of our friends and watched "Bad Santa". I didn't get to eat much yesterday due to being so busy at work. I'm going to GNC and buying some protein drinks to take to work today. I'm not going to go all day without eating again.

I'm gonna go to the gym and do shoulders/legs/abs before work. I'll post up stats later.

Mic Soloist
08-21-2004, 06:15 AM
Saturday August 21, 2004

I did a quick shoulder session yesterday, nothing special. I did get nearly 3 sets of 8 with 60's on the DB shoulder press... not bad for my weak ass.

I'm gonna go smash the arms, abs, and some legs(light day) this afternoon.

Breakfast Today - Egg & cheese biscuit w/ vanilla milk shake :D I love bulking!! :D:D

Mic Soloist
08-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Saturday August 21, 2004 - Arms/Legs

Squats

Set 1: 225 x 8
Set 2: 225 x 10
Set 3: 275 x 5

Close Grip BB Bench Press

Set 2: 135 x 10
Set 3: 145 x 8

Weighted Tricep Dips

Set 1: BW+50 x 4 (DB slipped)
Set 2: BW+50 x 8
Set 3: BW+45 x 8

Cable Tricep Pressdown

Set 1: 150 x 10
Set 2: 150 x 10
Set 3: 140 x 10

DB Curl

Set 3: 40's x 8

I did all of those supersetted with a quick 8 reps with 20's right after each set with the big boys

DB Hammer Curls

Cable Supine Curl

Set 1: 97 x 8
Set 2: 97 x 8
Set 3: 97 x 8

I did a few other random things while I was in there. I stayed for a while today. Good little workout.

Mic Soloist
08-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Legs today... be back

Mic Soloist
08-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Monday August 23, 2004 - Legs

Today was the 2nd time I've squated with free weights instead of the smith. I thought I would suck... I was wrong. I was squating 310 with the smith and I really haven't lost much. Balance isn't as big of a problem as I assumed it would be. I used to hate squating... I now love it. :D

"Real" Squats

Set 1(warmup): 135 x 8
Set 2: 225 x 8
Set 3: 275 x 8
Set 4: 285 x 8
Set 5: 285 x 8
Set 6: 135 x 15

Calf Raises

3 sets of 25 reps with 410 on the leg press machine

Leg Extensions

3 sets of 10 reps with 110 (weak I know... my quads were burning)

DB Curls(for the hell of it)

Set 1: 55's x 5 (cheating a bit)

Reverse Grip Weighted Chins(for the hell of it)

Set 1: BW+20 x 5

Quick workout... I feel like I'm getting sick. I'm gonna go to the gym every day until Thursday and keep my nutrition totally on point. No drinking till at least then. Otherwise I'm changing my journal title to "Mic Soloists Road To AA"

p.e.a.c.e.

Mic Soloist
08-24-2004, 12:52 AM
Insomnia hours.... Early Tuesday August 24, 2004

3 things I need to do if I really want to give bodybuilding 100% effort

1. Stop drinking so much

2. Do more cardio.... I haven't gone near the elliptical since I starting bulking.

3. Train my abs more often. I've been neglecting them terribly

I also have an anxiety disorder that has shown it's face in many ways over the last few years. The latest incarnation of this problem has been a fear of choking. Which has been fukking with my diet and has steadily gotten worse. I have not been eating hardly any meat and it's getting harder for me to eat anything that isn't mush or water. Yes, I gotz problems. I am still getting my cals and supplementing with whey and creatine, but this will be even worse during a cut when I'll need to eat lots of meat. I need to get some help with my nutty ass.

If I can handle these things I will feel much better about myself. I always give 150% to training, I just gotta get diet and other problems in check.

Just some insomnia driven thoughts.

Mic Soloist
08-24-2004, 02:29 PM
chest day today. I'm tired but I plan of beating the sht out of my chest again this week.

rrrrggghh

Ğragons
08-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Insomnia hours.... Early Tuesday August 24, 2004

3 things I need to do if I really want to give bodybuilding 100% effort

1. Stop drinking so much

2. Do more cardio.... I haven't gone near the elliptical since I starting bulking.

3. Train my abs more often. I've been neglecting them terribly

Just some insomnia driven thoughts.

1. who doesnt? :)
2. who doesnt? :p
3. who doesnt :D

hehe i bet theres a lot that need to do them 3 also, including me

Mic Soloist
08-24-2004, 10:46 PM
yea.... you're right but I really want to do the best I can do and I feel this stuff is holding me back.

Mic Soloist
08-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Tuesday August 24, 2004 - I'm Sick But I'm Still Going To The Gym To Smash My Chest Day

Yea so I feel pretty crappy today and I can't breathe outta my nose. I didn't feel like going to the gym today, but I did.

Weigh In - 182.2 Yes I am growing :)....... sideways :(

Flat DB Bench Press

Set 1(warmup): 35's x 8
Set 2: 87.5's x 6
Set 3: 85's x 7
Set 4: 85's x 6 + 1 cheat rep
Set 5: 75's x 8
Set 6: 70's x 8 + 1 cheat rep

Incline DB Bench Press

Set 1: 70's x 7 :)
Set 2: 70's x 5

Pullovers

Flat Bench DB Fly's - First time doing these... liked em. Will go heavier next time

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW+50 pound DB x 8 :)

Had a sharp pain in my shoulder on the last rep that lasted a while, so I thought I should stop those for the night.

After that I did a few sets of cable tricep pressdowns and some machine benching speed sets

I did it all quick and back to back so I didnt record the info. But my shoulder feels better, which is good. Bad news is I still feel sick. I am planning on doing back tomorrow.... we'll see how it goes.

I Measured Today

5'11 182.2 pounds

Waist: 34
Chest: 44
Arms: Left: 15 Right: 15.25
Forearms: 12.25
Quads: 24
Calves: 15
Neck: 16.5

My stomach is getting bigger.... sucks. But I'm happy bout the arms and everything else that has grown.

My goal is 190 by November 1st. If I'm not a complete lard ass by then I'm gonna keep going to 200. Then it's gonna be me humping the elliptical and forcing myself not to eat and drink beer. Which will suck very very bad. But it's what has to be done. I'm having fun while I can.

KentuckyWildcat
08-25-2004, 02:06 PM
Bro,

I PM'd you.
Check your inbox.

Later.

Mic Soloist
08-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Bro,

I PM'd you.
Check your inbox.

Later.

dunno who u are....

Mic Soloist
08-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Wednesday August 25, 2004

I feel pretty bad again today. All the classic cold symptoms. I may play bball or lift today, but I probably shouldnt. I just feel mad weak. I got school and work all day tomorrow so it's gonna be hard to eat right. I'll probably pick up a few premade shakes from GNC. I also ran out of whey today... and I cant use my gold card until the 1st. So I need to get off my ass and get some things from the store, but I'm being lazy.

I will probably end up at the gym, but I'll post my nutrition if nothing else later.

Ğragons
08-25-2004, 03:25 PM
whats wrong with taking your food to school? :P

Mic Soloist
08-25-2004, 03:56 PM
whats wrong with taking your food to school? :P

well.... at school I'll probably be alright, but I dont really have time to eat at work. Plus people are always bringing me beers... which is good and bad. :)

But I gotta have willpower.

Mic Soloist
08-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Wednesday August 25, 2004 - The Day I Realize How Out Of Shape I Am From Not Doing Cardio In A Fuggin Month....oh.... And BACK/BICEPS/ABS

Well I get to the gym today and do my regular bball shootaround to get loose. There happens to be a kid in there that wants to play one on one. To make a long story short... we played 6 games and I got beat 4 games to 2 by a sophmore in high school... :( Now this kid was a damn good 10th grader and he'll probably end up playing college ball, but that dont mean sh-t to me because I was a great bball player in high school myself. But anyway... I sweated my ass off and got drug around the court by a kid that is probably 5 or 6 years younger than me :(

So I went str8 from the basketball court to the elliptical to continue sweating. I am now going to do cardio at least 2 times per week. I do not want to be a big swole out of shape dude.... that is not my goal.

Cardio

5 Games 1 on 1 Basketball

9 minutes on elliptical
130 calories burned
.90 miles

Now I'm going over to the big boy gym since my community center closed at 10:00est

I'm gonna do the back/biceps/abs session I started to do at the community center. This will probably be a weak session since I'm already tired, but I won't have time to go tomorrow. I'll be back with results.

Also, I'm not doing deads anymore for a while. My lower back hurts incredibly bad and I haven't done them in over a week. So I guess I'm doing something wrong. Anyway... be back.

Mic Soloist
08-25-2004, 10:43 PM
Wednesday August 25, 2004 - The Day I Realize How Out Of Shape I Am From Not Doing Cardio In A Fuggin Month....oh.... And BACK/BICEPS/ABS

Well I went to the big boy gym and worked my ass off for what seemed like 5 hours.... in reality it was about and hour and a half, but I will be very sore tomorrow and the rest of the week. Even though I am kinda sick I could tell the creatine was giving me a lot of energy. The only bad thing was my chins sucked. But I think it was mainly because of two things.

1. I did cardio before lifting and my outta shape ass couldn't handle it.
2. The bar was a lot wider at this gym... so I wasn't used to doing chins that wide. Either way... no big deal.

Wide Chins

Set 1: BW x 6
Set 2: BW x 5
Set 3: BW x 3 :( blah!!!

Cable Front Pulldown

Set 1: 140 x 10
Set 2: 150 x 8
Set 3: 150 x 7
Set 4: 140 x 7

DB Rows

3 sets of 8 reps with 60 pound DB's

BB Rows - Never done them before... hated them. Maybe I did them wrong.... screw it.

1 set of 8 with 110 BB

DB Curls - With back as st8 as possible. Pretty strict and slow reps

Set 1: 45's x 8
Set 2: 45's x 7

Cable Curls

Set 2: 90 x 8

Seated Cable Rows

Set 1: 200 x 8
Set 2: 200 x 8
Set 3: 180 x 8

Hammer Curls

Set 1: 35 x 0

PAINFUL FAILURE :)

Lever Seated Crunch

I did a bunch of sets of 20 and 25. It added up to 140 reps anywhere between 75 and 95 pounds. I like the ab machine there. You pull your legs up and meet your arms half way and crunch. It's like this http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/RectusAbdominis/LVSeatedCrunch.html but you also pull your legs up. Pretty dope... my abs were stinging.

Machine Shrugs

Set 1: 225 x 12
Set 2: 225 x 12
Set 3: 225 x 15
Set 4: 225 x 15

I ripped a blister off my hand on the last set... it hurts :(
I also did a couple little various things I didn't write down. I told ya... long ass workout. But I'm very drained. It feels great!!!!

I bought a 3 pound tub of vanilla whey today to last me a while. Got a good deal at 20 bucks. I thought vanilla would be good since I've been on choc forever. I had a couple shakes already... not badatall :)

I was flexing in the mirror after I was done and I really looked big. I was in the gym tonight with some pretty swole cats, and I held my own. Well, maybe not against some of em... but I was not nearly the smallest guy in there. Sometimes I have low self esteem and I'm pretty critical of myself, but I must admit this bulk is going pretty good. Now if only my spare tire will stop growing :( I measured my arms when they were still slightly pumped when I got home. 15.5 inches for both of them :clap: If only they were that big cold. But I'm sure they will be soon if I keep stuffing my face and busting my ass. I got a couple of GNC Big 50 shakes to take to work and school tomorrow so hopefully my diet won't suck.

But I'm fairly happy at the moment.

Nutrition

Calories: 3048
Fat: 78
Carbs: 310
Protein: 281

Not bad. I think I may drop down to 2500-2700 cals for a few weeks. I would like to hit 190 by November 9th (my dads bday) and at this rate I'll be there by mid to late September. So I'm gonna cut back a lil bit... maybe up the protein and lower the carbs a bit.

See ya 2morrow.

Ğragons
08-26-2004, 02:29 AM
I ripped a blister off my hand on the last set... it hurts

hehehe

feels good when they go hard tho :p and u no longer need to use gloves eh?

Mic Soloist
08-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Friday August 27, 2004 - Quick Shoulders

DB Shoulder Press

3 Sets of 8 with 60 pound DB's

Dumbbell Lateral Raise

Set 1: 15's x 8
Set 2: 20's x 8
Set 3: 15's x 8

I did a few more random things... couple military presses and some more shoulder movements.... I was in and out in 30 minutes. No time, but I'm proud for getting the 3 sets of 8 with the 60's

Every person I've seen lately is commenting on my size. A dude I've worked with for 4 weeks said today... "Damn dog, you've gotten a lot bigger just since you've worked here"

A girl I haven't seen in a while came to see me today and said "You look huge, what the hell have you been doing"

I really am looking bigger. Bulking is going GREAT. But I fear cutting will be hard. My body puts on muscle and weight easy, but shedding fat is very hard for me.

Probably rest tomorrow and do Arms/Ab's on Sunday

Mic Soloist
08-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Sunday August 29, 2004

I've worked some long ass hours for the last two days and I havent gotten to go to the gym. My diet has been pretty bad too. But I did manage to get some protein shakes for work. I'm gonna do legs tomorrow.

Be back then.

BIG C
08-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Some good lifts here! Keep it up!

Destroy those legs tomm. A day off for me today also, going to totally destroy chest tomm.

I know how it is being stuck at work for long hours. Do you work shift work? I rotate shifts each week. <7-3pm/ 3-11pm/ 11-7am> I am on my one weekend off a month now.

Mic Soloist
08-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Thanks man

Yea, I been working 10 hour shifts in the kitchen and I get no breaks... I can eat french fries and sh-t but nothing good. Plus I work at a brewery and get free beer so that is always a temptation. But I'm dealing with it and I feel alright about the situation. I am going to kill my legs till I can't walk today. Then Tuesday I'm gonna rip my chest till it caves in.

No doubt. Thanks again

Mic Soloist
08-30-2004, 11:46 AM
going to the gym in a bit...

i'll be back with results

KentuckyWildcat
08-30-2004, 01:39 PM
Is Montrose Ave a safe area to move to ?

J.R. Jr.

Mic Soloist
08-30-2004, 09:22 PM
Monday August 30, 2004 - Quick Legs & Biceps

Squatizzles

Set 2: 285 x 8
Set 3: 285 x 10
Set 4: 295 x 10 (personal best) :)
Set 5: 295 x 8
Set 6: 225 x 10

Calf Presses

Set 1: 450 x 30
Set 2: 475 x 25
Set 3: 475 x 25

DB Curls

Set 1: 50's x 8
Set 2: 50's x 8
Set 3: 45's x 8

DB Hammer Curls

Set 1: 35's x 10

Cable Curls

2 sets of 8 with 100

Quick but effective. I weigh 185 now... I'm fat

Mic Soloist
08-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Monday August 31, 2004 - Nutrition

Cals: 2690
Fat: 69
Carbs: 246
Protein: 280

KentuckyWildcat
08-31-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey man. My girl says you live over near Montrose on Clarendon. We were thinking of moving over near there, cause over here by the mall is getting ****ed up. Is that a pretty mellow neighborhood ?

J.R. Jr.

Mic Soloist
09-02-2004, 12:56 AM
I have no idea wtf your talking about and I have no idea who you are. Please tell me your name or leave me alone. And I have never heard of either of those streets. Identify yourself or stop posting in my journal. Next time I tell the mods... and they will ban you unlike other message boards...

Mic Soloist
09-02-2004, 01:27 AM
Wednesday September 1, 2004 - Chest/Triceps/Abs

I went to the big boy gym again tonight for a late workout. I stayed in the gym for an hour and forty minutes and killed my chest. I also played 5 on 5 basketball today. I think I'm gonna join that gym though, cuz the more I work and go to school and do music, the less time I have to go to the gym during normal human hours. And this gym is open 24 hours. We also have a show tomorrow night opening up for one of the biggest local groups in my city. If this show goes well we will probably have some big gigs coming up, including a show with Nappy Roots. Anyway, on to the workout.

Flat DB Bench

Warmup: 40's x 8
Set 1: 90's x 5 :) New personal best. I've never attempted 90's before 2nite
Set 2: 90's x 6 :clap:
Set 3: 90's x 4
Set 5: 60's x 8

Decline BB Bench

I had a spot on these... he helps a little. Really nice dude came up and offered to spot me.

Set 1: 155 x 8
Set 2: 185 x 4
Set 3: 165 x 5

DB Pullovers

Set 3: 65 x 8

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW+50 x 6
Set 2: BW+50 x 3.5
Set 3: BW+40 x 5
Set 4: BW+40 x 4.5
Set 5: BW x 6

DB Fly's

Cable Crossovers

Set 1: 60(on each side) x 8
Set 2: 80(on each side) x 5
Set 3: 70(on each side) x 8
Set 4: 60(on each side) x 10

Cable Tricep Pressdowns

3 sets of 8 with 130 and 120

Ab Machine Crunches

Set 1: 75 x 25 x 4 = 100 painful cruches on my new favorite ab machine

Machine Shrugs For The Hell Of It

Set 1: 180 x 12
Set 2: 270 x 5
Set 3: 250 x 11
Set 4: 180 x 12

Yeah.... I'm tired. But I'm looking pretty damn huge compared to my former "girly mon" self.

Now it's time to sleep....

KentuckyWildcat
09-02-2004, 12:01 PM
I have no idea wtf your talking about and I have no idea who you are. Please tell me your name or leave me alone. And I have never heard of either of those streets. Identify yourself or stop posting in my journal. Next time I tell the mods... and they will ban you unlike other message boards...

Look bro, maybe I have the wrond person, so please don't get mad or anything. :shoot: :eek:

My girl said she worked with a girl named Dana at the Andover country club, and that she had a boyfriend in Louisville who was a rapper.

If this is not you, just tell me.

I don't want to bother you or waste your space.

Keep up the good lifts. :hello:

Johnny Ray Butler Jr.
Atherton High Class of 1992

My girlfriend's name is: Lisa Dayton

Mic Soloist
09-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Friday September 3, 2004

I won't be going to the gym today. I'm recovering from a fight last night at our show and my head is swollen up pretty bad. I gotta work tonight... I'll go to the gym tomorrow... hopefully I feel better by then.

Mic Soloist
09-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Sunday August 5, 2004

I've been doing shows, drinking, fighting, and working for four days and I haven't gotten to work out. It has been a crazy ass weekend but hopefully things will return to normal soon.

Today I played basketball all day and got a quick tricep workout in tonight. Tomorrow I'm gonna do Legs/Biceps and then get back on my normal routine this week.

Mic Soloist
09-08-2004, 02:05 AM
Tuesday September 7, 2004 - Chest/Abs

I smashed my bi's and did some squats and other leg stuff yesterday. I was in a hurry so I didn't log it. But it was a decent workout....

Tonight I payed the rest of the month off at the big 24 hour gym I've been going to. With my work/music/school I need to be able to go there when I can't make it to my regular gym to train before they close. I'm gonna go ahead and pay off the year when I can. It's only $130 for a year, not to bad. Here's my workout. I was kinda weak tonight but I killed my chest as usual.

Flat DB Bench

Set 1(warmup): 40's x 8
Set 2: 90's x 5
Set 3: 90's x 3
Set 4: 90's x 2 :(
Set 5: 80's x 70
Set 6: 80's x 5.5
Set 7: 75's x 5
Set 8: 55's x 7

Yea... I felt like doing some benching tonight :)

Incline BB Bench

Set 1: 115 x 5
Set 2: 115 x 7
Set 3: 115 x 7

DB Pullover

Set 3: 65 x 8

DB Fly's

Set 3: 35's x 8

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW+40 x 5
Set 2: BW+40 x 5
Set 3: BW+40 x 5
Set 4: BW x 7
Set 5: BW x 5

Cable Crossover

3 Sets of 8 reps with 70 on each side

Machine Shrugs For The Hell Of It

3 sets of 10 reps with 4 plates

Crunch Machine

4 sets of 25 with 75 pounds

I did a couple machine presses to fail at the end... just to further the torture on my pecs.

I have been slippin bad on the diet. But I am still coming along well and still looking good. Tomorrow is back day or a day off. Depending on how my biceps feel. But either tomorrow or Thursday I do Back/Biceps

I also played 9 games of 1 on 1 basketball today. My jumper was on fire. I was seriously in the zone for the first time in a while. I probably hit way over 100 3's in our games.... I was very seldom missing. At one point I hit 10 in a row. Crazy. I gotta work on my D though. But yea, that was a lot of cardio.

peace

Mic Soloist
09-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Wednesday September 8, 2004

Very sore, no lifting. Played 2 on 2 basketball for a long time. Very tired.... must sleep. Back/Bi tomorrow

Mic Soloist
09-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Thursday September 9, 2004

I'll be going to the gym in a little while. Back/Biceps/Abs tonight.

Mic Soloist
09-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Friday September 10, 2004 - Back/Biceps

Chins

Set 2: BW x 7
Set 3: BW x 6

DB Rows

Set 3: 70 x 8

DB Curls

Set 1: 50's x 4
Set 3: 35's x 8
Set 4: 30's x 6

Incline DB Curl

Set 1: 30's x 8

Quick workout... good pump

Shoulder/Abs 2morrow

Mic Soloist
09-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Monday September 13, 2004

I did a quick shoulder session at home yesterday. My diet has been HORRIBLE. I mean worse than it's ever been since I started lifting. I gotta get my sh-t together now...

Legs/Biceps/Abs tonight. I'll be back with results.

Mic Soloist
09-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Monday September 13, 2004 - Legs/Biceps/Abs

Light Squats

Set 2: 225 x 8
Set 3: 225 x 8

Leg Press

3 Sets of 8 with 450 pounds(10 plates) :)

Leg Curls

3 Sets of 8 with 80 pounds. The leg machine was weird at this new gym... 80 is pu$$y but it felt a lot heavier... I dunno

Lever Lying Leg Curl

3 sets of 8 with heavy weight... didnt see how much cuz it was already weighted.

DB Curls

Set 1: 50's x 8
Set 2: 50's x 6
Set 3: 45's x 8
Set 4: 40's x 8

Cable Curl

1 set of 8 with 120

BB Curl

2 Sets of 8 with 70

Ab Machine

4 painful sets of 25 with 75 pounds

Protein shake... now bedtime. I will work out EVERYDAY this week till at least Thursday

2morrow: chest/tri
Wednesday: Back/Bi
Thursday: Shoulders/Abs

peace

Mic Soloist
09-15-2004, 05:31 AM
Tuesday September 14, 2004 - Chest/Triceps

Another very long(nearly 2 hour) workout. I'm very tired.

Flat DB Press

Set 1: 40's x 8 (warmup)
Set 2: 90's x 5
Set 3: 90's x 4
Set 4: 90's x 3
Set 5: 80's x 6
Set 6: 80's x 5
Set 7: 75's x 6

Incline BB Press

Set 1: 145 x 6
Set 2: 145 x 6
Set 3: 145 x 5

DB Fly's

3 Sets of 8 Reps with 40's

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW+40 x 6.5
Set 2: BW+40 x 6
Set 3: BW+40 x 6
Set 4: BW x 3
Set 5: BW x 3

The last two were done with no rest after the last weighted set.... ouch!

Skullcrushers

2 Sets of 8 Reps with 60 pound BB

Cable Tricep Pressdown

2 Sets of 10 Reps with 130 pounds

Cable Fly's

3 Sets of 10 with 60 & 70 on each side

I did a few press machines to totally fail at the end. That was a grueling workout and I didn't have much energy to start with considering I didn't hit the gym until 2:00AM and I played bball all afternoon....

Cardio - Done early afternoon long before lifting

Basketball: 4 or 5 games of 21 and 2 games of 1 on 1

Now it's sleepy time.... My diet was better today. Tomorrow is Back/Abs

ryuage
09-15-2004, 05:50 AM
your spending wayyyyyy to long in the gym :) someone must be talking to much.

Mic Soloist
09-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Naw.... nobody was really there at 2-4AM. I took about 3-5 minutes rest between all of my press sets... maybe that took longer. I dunno. But I'm bulking and I wanted to stay in there a little longer now and then. My usual workouts are about 1 hour.

Mic Soloist
09-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Wednesday September 15, 2004 - Back/Biceps/Abs

God I suck at chins now... it's a mix between me being a lot heavier, the bar at the gym being really skinny, and my hands throbbing in pain from callases(spelling)

Chins

Set 2: BW x 6

Cable Close Grip Pulldown

160 x 8 x 3 Sets

DB Rows

Set 3: 60 x 10

Cable Front Pulldown

Set 1: 110 x 10
Set 2: 140 x 8

Cable Seated Row

2 Sets of 140 x 8

Crunch Machine

4 Sets of 25 with 85 pounds

Dumbbell Incline Curl

2 Sets of 35's x 8

DB Curl

Set 1: 35's x 8 (failure on the last rep with left arm)

Cable Curl

2 Sets of 120 x 8

Andother solid late night session. I was pretty tired tonight. Yawning in between sets and sh-t. I didn't track my diet today but I ate a lot.... A whole lot.

Tomorrow I got school, work, and a show to attend. Probably end up having some drinks. :)/:( Friday I'll hit shouldets/Abs and Saturday God willing I'll do a Arms and some other random stuff.

Mic Soloist
09-19-2004, 06:44 AM
Saturday September 18, 2004 - Shoulders

DB Shoulder Press

3 Sets of 8 Reps with 60 pound DB's

Upright Row

3 Sets of 8 With 100 Pound BB

Dumbbell Rear Delt Row - My first time doing these... hated em.

3 Sets of 8 With 50 and 45 pound DB

DB Shrugs

3 Sets of 12 With 85 Pound DB's

45-50 minute workout. Nothing big... Doing Sunday.

Mic Soloist
09-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Legs coming up Monday

Hope to squat 3 billz

Mic Soloist
09-21-2004, 01:16 AM
Monday September 20, 2004 - Chest/Triceps/Abs

Change of plan. I was gonna do legs but I'm gonna do them tomorrow. I think I may be overtraining my chest cuz I've been doing a lot of sets and I'm in a rut as far as chest growth. So tonight I did a few less sets. Next week I'll probably do even less. Hopefully it'll help.

DB Bench

Warmup Set: 40's x 8
Set 1: 100's x 1 :strong::clap::thumbup: This is by far the most I've ever done. I remember when 100 pound DB's seemed like an impossible goal. It wasn't a pretty rep, but it was a rep. Next week I'll see it I can get 2. I doubt it though.

Set 2: 90's x 4
Set 3: 85's x 6

Incline DB Press

Set 1: 65's x 7
Set 2: 65's x 9

Pullover

Set 2: 70 x 9

DB Fly's - slow reps

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW+40 x 7
Set 2: BW+40 x 6.5
Set 3: BW+40 x 6
Set 4: BW x 7

Crunch Machine

4 Sets of 25 Reps with 85 pounds

BB Close Grip Bench Press

Set 1: 135 x 6
Set 2: 135 x 5 (weight got stuck on my chest. Just a reminder why I usually don't use BB)

Tricep Pressdown

A few sets with various weights. Probably 25-30 reps total

Cable Fly's

2 Sets of 8 reps with 60 on each side

Wow, I'm tired.... Time for bed.

Nutrition

Calories: 2839
Fat: 57
Carbs: 325
Protein: 264

Need more fat....

Mic Soloist
09-21-2004, 05:05 AM
My New Split

Monday: Legs/Abs
Tuesday: Chest/Triceps
Wednesday: Back/Biceps
Thursday: Shoulders/Abs
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Dead lifts/Calves/Random Stuff
Sunday: Rest

I'm gonna stick with this one as best I can. Chest and legs get switched this week but everything will be on point Wednesday for Back/Biceps. I'm adding deadlifts back in, but on their own day with arms. They are to much for back day. I think I'm gonna find a place to get some straps or chalk. My grip kills me on deadlifts.

Mic Soloist
09-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Tuesday September 22, 2004

My sleep got screwed up due to homework so I took today off. I'm gonna do legs tomorrow morning and Back/Bi's tomorrow night.

Be back then.

Mic Soloist
09-22-2004, 03:01 AM
Wednesday September 22, 2004

Here is a little update on how things are going. My workouts are all going pretty well right now. I seem to be steadily growing and improving my lifts. I am a little mad about my back. I don't feel like it's strong enough and my chins have sucked terribly as of late. The effort I'm putting in at the gym is incredible. I have been busting my ass to a crazy extreme everytime I walk in. And that is what I am going to continue to do. I am feeling pretty good though because I am getting a lot bigger, and I don't feel like a total fatass yet. I think I will be able to make it up to 200 without getting really fat if I take it slow. But I can't be sure. I figure 20 more pounds will take a toll on my waist. We'll just have to see how things go. My waist is already 34+ at 185, so I would guess it'll be around 36-37 at 200 if I keep at this rate. Which I'm not to thrilled about.

My diet is decent on days I don't work and I am trying to get it going better on work days. It's just hard for me to get enough calories on those days, and I tend to drink a lot of beer. Cutting scares me now. I know how to do it but I dunno if I just hope I have it in me to moniter my diet to those extremes. That will mean I gotta give up on the beer at least 6 days per week. And with my anxiety problems and the choking fear I don't know how easy it's going to be to consume all of that meat and limit the carbs that I am taking in tons of now.

My goal is to bulk up to 195-200 in the next 10 weeks, which will put me in late October/early December. Hopefully Thanksgiving will be my big bulking finally... when people realize I have become a big swole lard ass. Then I plan to cut very slowly for a few months. Probably try to get down around the mid 170's and see how I look/feel. After that I'll probably bulk again. This is gonna be a long, difficult process and I really gotta stay dedicated. If anyone has any advice or comments I'd love to hear them. It is lonely in this journal.

Mic Soloist
09-23-2004, 01:25 AM
Wednesday September 22, 2004 - Legs/Back/Biceps

Today I went to the gym twice. I went once around 9:00pm and did Legs, and then I went back at 12:45am and did back/biceps.

9:00 PM Legs Session

Weigh In: 182.8

BB Squat

Warmup: 135 x 8
Set 1: 315 x 5 :whazzup::shoot::hello: NEW PERSONAL RECORD B-TCHES!!!
Set 2: 295 x 8
Set 3: 295 x 8
Set 4: 195 x 8

Lying Leg Curl

Set 1: 130 x 6 (another PR)
Set 2: 130 x 6
Set 3: 130 x 5 (failure)

Machine Leg Press

Set 1: 310 x 10

Calve Raise (on leg press machine)

Set 1: 450 x 20
Set 2: 450 x 20
Set 3: 450 x 25

Workout Time: About 40 minutes

12:45 AM Back/Biceps Session

Chins

Set 1: BW x 7
Set 2: BW x 5

I suck @ chins now.

Cable Close Grip Pulldown

2 Sets of 150 x 8

Cable Front Pulldown

Set 1: 150 x 6
Set 2: 140 x 8

DB Rows

2 Sets of 65 x 8

Hammer Strength Row Machine

2 Sets of 8 reps with 4 plates

Incline DB Curls

Set 2: 30's x 8
Set 3: 30's x 8 + superset of standing DB curls w/ 30's x 3

Standing DB Curls

Set 1: 30's x 8 (done right after another set of cable curls)

Incline Cable Curls

Set 2: 100 x 12

Workout Time: 1 hour

Well I'm glad I knocked all of that stuff out tonight and I'm proud of my PR on the squat but I have realized that my back is my weakest area right now. My chins suck bad. Yes, I have gained weight but I'm only 183 and I should be able to get at least a couple sets of 8. This is making me mad, but I'll work harder until I improve. I am very happy my legs are showing improvement. That is really important to me. I'd like to hit 350-375 before the end of this bulk. I was only going for 1 rep with 315 and I got 5, so I was really happy about that. My previous PR was 295. Next week I am going to try to work out with 315 for 3 full sets and see how that goes.

Tomorrow I'm got school and then I'm going to do shoulders/traps/abs

I really am enjoying bodybuilding more than ever right now. My diet isn't the best but I am really having fun trying new things in the gym and increasing weight every week. I hope this continues.

Mic Soloist
09-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Saturday September 25, 2004

I'm going to get lunch and then go do a shoulders/Abs session before work. Didn't hit the gym Thursday or Friday cuz I worked all day. I wanted to go last night but the gym was closed.

Mic Soloist
09-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Saturday September 25, 2004 - Shoulders/Abs/Lil Bi's

Seated BB Military Press

Set 1: 135 x 5
Set 2: 135 x 5
Set 3: 115 x 8
Set 4: 115 x 8

Dumbbell Lateral Raise

3 Sets Of 15's x 8

Upright Row

2 Sets Of 100 x 8

Machine Shrugs

3 Sets Of 4 Plates x 12

Incline DB Curls

Set 1: 40's x 6
Set 2: 40's x 5

Crunch Machine

4 Sets Of 25

A quick 40 minute workout. Wish I had time to hit my shoulders better but oh well. I was happy about the 135 military. Next week I hope to rep 8

Mic Soloist
09-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Sunday September 26, 2004 - Squatz

BB Squats

Set 1: 325 x 6 NEW PR!!!!!!!!:clap::thumbup::nod: My previous best was 315 x 8 I have never attempted any weight higher that 315 b4 tonight.

Set 2: 315 x 6
Set 3: 315 x 6
Set 4: 315 x 8
Set 5: 225 x 12

Good ass squat session for me. Next week I'll see if I can get a couple solid sets with 325. Hopefully 8-10 reps.

Beast
09-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Congrats on the PR.

Mic Soloist
09-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Thanks a lot man

I bought an X-Box today cuz NBA Live 2005 comes out Tuesday. So the PR was a good celebration for my new toy :)

Mic Soloist
09-27-2004, 03:02 AM
Random Thoughts @ 4:30AM On 9/27/04

Training - I am getting stronger though I do feel like I've hit a bit of a rut for the last couple of chest days and back days. My back is my weakest point right now without a doubt. I am adding the dead lift back into my routine and I hope this helps. My chins are terrible right now, and my rows are decent but could improve. My legs are really getting strong and I really think 400lb squats will be in my future before the end of this bulk. I hope my DB bench feels stronger this week. I think I'm going to start out with 85's this week and make sure I do slow controlled reps and squeeze my chest more. I think my form should be my priority right now with benching. It was suffering with those 90 and 100 pound lifts. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I would love to get 3 solid sets of 8 for once with the DB bench. Overall my training is going well but I hope my lifts start going up more.

Diet - My diet continues to range from bad to worse. I have been eating a lot and I generally get enough protein but I am not steadily logging and I'm not eating very clean. I am sure I will hate myself for this at some point.

Sleep - I'm going to start logging my sleep each night. I suffer from insomnia often and I'd like to see how much sleep I'm really getting.

WEIGH IN FOR 9/26/04: 184.2 I'm steadily gaining. The guns were a lil over 15.5 the other day. :)

Other - As I said, I got an Xbox yesterday and I really want to get a hard drive and a mod chip for it. I'm buying NBA Live Tuesday so I'll have to pry myself off that to go to the gym. Madden is already addictive enough... but I'm not big on playing the computer. I got a buddy I've been playing games with since Double Dribble(circa early 90's). We've been though all the Nintendo/Sega/Super NEW/PS/Dreamcast/PS2/and now Xbox games. Especially sports. Gotta get with him this week.

I'm working a lot of hours and have a lot of school work that has kept me crazy busy. That and my choking anxiety is what has been screwing up my diet. Along with the beer I drink at work... I really need to man up and handle this bulk right but I'm not gonna be hard on myself. This just means my upcoming cut will be hell.

See ya 2morrow for Chest/Triceps/Abs

Mic Soloist
09-28-2004, 12:44 AM
Monday September 27, 2004 - Chest/Triceps/Abs

Last Night's Sleep 8 hours

I had a long night at work and then headed to the gym with little energy. Luckily one of my friends I haven't seen in a while was there and it kicked my energy up a notch since I had a workout partner for the first time in a while. He spotted me on my bench sets. I went a little lighter this week and settled for better form and more reps. Here is da results.

Flat DB Bench Press

Warmup: 45's x 8
Set 1: 85's x 8 :)
Set 2: 85's x 6
Set 3: 85's x 6 (with a little help from spot on last rep)
Set 4: 75's x 8

Incline DB Bench Press

Set 2: 70's x 7
Set 3: 65's x 9 :)

Pullover

Set 3: 70 x 6

DB Fly's

2 Sets of 8 slow reps with 35's

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW+40 x 6
Set 2: BW+50 x 4
Set 3: BW+50 x 5
Set 4: BW x 6

Close Grip Bench Press

Set 1: 135 x 4 :( My tris were as good as dead before I loaded the plates. I did two more sets on the smith with 1 plate on each side. Once again, my tris were killin me

Tricep Pressdown

Set 1: 120 x 12
Set 2: 120 x 9
Set 3: 100 x 10

Ab Machine

4 sets of 25 reps with 75 pounds

At the end of my workout I went over to the bench press machine and loaded up 175. I pyramided down all the way to 75 pounds doing sets of anywhere from 1-4 with no rest between. I thought it would be a good way to fail my chest. It worked, by the time I left I couldn't even get 75 up more than twice.... I'll be sore for a few days.

I'm buying NBA Live 2005 tomorrow so I'll be playing that all night after class. But I am gonna try to get up to the gym late tomorrow night for a back/bicep session. If I don't I'll go Wednesday.

Mic Soloist
09-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Wednesday September 29, 2004 - Back/Biceps/Calves

Sleep Last Night: 10.5 - 11 hours... I was knocked. The night before I got little to no sleep.

Workout

Whoa... what a workout tonight. I officially have a training partner. My friend Antonio who has been lifting for a while is gonna start lifting with me at this gym I'm now going to. I'll still lift @ my old gym sometimes but I will be going to the big boy gym most of the time from now on. Tonight I stayed in the gym for about an hour and a half... maybe a little longer. Working out with a partner always brings out the true gangsta inside of me :shoot:. Only thing I have to complain about is my pathetic chinups. What the hell is wrong with me, I can't do chins for sh-t anymore.

Pathetic Chins

Set 1: BW x 7
Set 2: BW x 4 :(
Set 3: BW x 4 :(

Pulldown Machine - With goofy attatchment

Set 1: 160 x 8
Set 2: 180 x 8
Set 3: 200 x 4
Set 4: 180 x 6

HS Row Machine

3 Sets of 8 with 4 plates

Insane Incline Row Machine - http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/LVInclineRow.html It was kinda like that but much more midevil looking. All I know is I was sweating bullets after this. If this machine doesnt get you swoll, I dunno what will

Set 1: 2 plates x 8 (sounds light but the machine probably weighted 50+ pounds)
Set 2: 2 plates x 8
Set 3: 2 plates + 2 10's x 8

Deadlift - First time I DLed in a long time.. gotta new PR!!!!

Set 1: 225 x 6
Set 3: 295 x 1 (NEW PR!!!!!!! Next week I got for 315)

DB Curl

Set 4: 35's x 8

All with perfect form

Cable Curls Lying On Bench

Set 1: 110 x 8
Set 2: 110 x 8
Set 4: 90 x 8 (very slow reps)

Hammer Curl

35's x 8

Hack Squat Machine Calve Raises

3 Sets Of 25 With 320

Good workout... My diet still sucks though. I think I'm gonna do a cycle of 1-AD soon. My boy says he gained hella muscle and wieght period. Gotta save some money though, it ain't cheap,

Shoulders/Abs tomorrow night.

Mic Soloist
09-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Thursday September 30, 2004

My diet has been better today. I had a natty sandwich, a 50 gram protein slam from GNC, 1.5 cups of pasta, and a bunch of milk. Oh, and a few cheese-It's

So I hope to finish the day up ok.

Hopefully some PR's on the shoulders tonight.

Mic Soloist
09-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Thursday September 30, 2004 - Shoulders/Abs

Sleep Last Night 4.5 hours

Quick hour long session tonight... I ate a ton today but I felt weak as hell. Lack of sleep and lots of training is probably catching up with me. A good cold beer sounds incredibly good right now. But not tonight...

Seated BB Military Press

Set 1: 115 x 8
Set 2: 135 x 4.5
Set 3: 135 x 5.5
Set 4: 135 x 5.5

Behind Neck Press Machine

Set 1: 130 x 6
Set 2: 130 x 5
Set 3: 120 x 8

DB Lateral Raise

3 Sets of 15's x 8

BB Front Raise

Set 2: 40 x 8
Set 3: 40 x 10

Shrug Machine - All reps with 2-4 second pause at top of rep

Set 1: 4 plates x 8
Set 2: 4 plates + 2 25 pound plates x 8
Set 3: 4 plates x 12
Set 4: 4 plates x 12

Ab Machine

4 Sets of 25 reps with 75 pounds

My workout partner didn't make it tonight, so I was solo. As I said, my energy was low. I'm gonna get some good sleep tonight and probably rest tomorrow.

Saturday I'll do some random upper body stuff.

Nutrition - rough estimate on fitday (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=MicSoloist)

Calories: 2927
Fat: 67
Carbs: 340
Protein: 248

Mic Soloist
10-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Friday October 1, 2004 - Rest Day

Basketball, food, and beer are today's themes :)

On a Dr. Phil note I would like to say that this month marks the start of my favorite time of the year. I like summer because of swimming, vacation, and hefe-weizens.... but I love the holidays because of all the family time, football, college and pro basketball, good food, porters, and stouts.

Ok... that's the end of my gay little rant. I'll be back in the gym tomorrow if I get my ass up in time to go before work. Otherwise I'll be well rested for my sunday leg assassination.

Mic Soloist
10-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Sunday October 3, 2004

I haven't worked out since Thursday due to the fact I've been working nonstop and my gyms aren't open late on the weekends.

I'll be in the gym doing legs tomorrow followed by chest Tuesday

BIG C
10-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Good luck on Leg Day!

Mic Soloist
10-05-2004, 12:57 AM
Monday October 4, 2004 - Chest/Triceps/Abs

Change of plans. I worked out with my homie Tonio and a dude he's friends with that is 5'6 165 and swole as hell. He's only 20 but he's been bbing since he was 14 and it shows. Dude benches 315 and is incredibly cut up. He was taking Tonio through a ass kicking routine and I decided to joint in since I haven't switched up chest day in a while.

I didn't log my lifts tonight but I had no PR's cept for pullovers. I did 2 sets of 75's x 8. For triceps we did the typical pressdowns and ended with some of the dopest, most painful tricep movements I've ever done.

Overall I had a good chest day I know I'll be sore this week. Tomorrow this dude wants to take us through what he calls the most painful bicep workout ever.... so I'm gonna do some deadlifts along with that. I'm gonna work my back in with shoulders and do a leg day later in the week. A little switch up this week but I'll be back to the normal routine next week.

I'm planning on doing a cycle of 1-AD pretty soon. I'm learning more about it. If anyone has any advice or anything they can add about 1-AD and how I should use it or if I should/should not use it, please feel free to post.

I also bought some muscle milk today. It should help me get my cals in on long work days. Plus it tastes great. My diet was solid today.

Mic Soloist
10-05-2004, 04:11 AM
Tuesday October 5, 2004

Here's the deal. I slept until 5:00PM Monday due to being up all night the night before. So I am staying up today to go to my morning classes at school. I had my chest day last night and since I missed my leg fay and I still have plenty of energy I'm going to go do legs this morning before school. After class I'm going to sleep for 5 or 6 hours and get up and go to the gym again. Then I'm going to come home, take nyquil, and pass out to get back on my normal sleep pattern.

I'll be back with leg results.

Mic Soloist
10-06-2004, 01:55 AM
Tuesday October 5, 2004 - Deadz/Biceps

I didn't make it to the leg session this morning. I was to damn tired. I want a PR this week and going to the gym tired isn't a good plan. The good news is I now have a new PR for dead lifts. I went to the gym tonight and busted my ass for a very short amount of time. I tried a bicep routine similar to Chris Mason's 1/2 inch in a month. I will probably do something similar to this every other week for a couple of months to see if it has good effects. I dunno if it matters but I got one of the swollest pumps I've ever gotten. I came home and measured my arms 30 minutes or more after my last bicep set and they were nearly 16 inches... and they are only 15.5 cold, so I would imagine they were over 16 at the max pump tonight. I was flexing a lot during the workout just to keep the blood flowing. In other news.... MUSCLE MILK tastes GREAT. I got the chocolate milk kind and it's heavenly. I will continue to drink this stuff and maybe even throw in some ice cream from time to time :D Anyway...

Sleep Last Night... Or should I say last day: 6 Hours(2pm-8pm)

Da Deadz

Warm-up: 135 x 8
Set 1: 315 x 1 :strong::clap:NEW PR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hello::moon:
Set 2: 315 x 1
Set 3: 315 x 1

DB Curls - Each set was combined with 1 set of BB curls and 1 set of cable curls with no rest in between. Got a new PR :D:D:D:D on DB Curls with 55 pound DB's with fairly good form. I cheated a bit on the 4th and 5th reps but I can get 3 or 4 very solid reps with that weight... which I think is good for my size.

Set 1: 55's x 5 + 60 pound BB x 8 + 100 pounds cable curl x 7
Set 2: 50's x 3 + 70 pound BB x 7 + 90 pounds cable curl x 8
Set 3: 40's x 5 + 60 pound DB x 7 + 80 pounds cable curl x 7

I rested for about 2 minutes between super sets. My biceps were on fire. This is the first time I've actually had to hold my arms out to the side like the stereotype beach muscleman to avoid incredible pain... Twas great

Assisted Curl Grip Chins

2 Sets of 8 w/ 70 pounds assist

Cable Curls With No Rest Between Sets

And then I nearly fell down in my own puddle of sweat. I was drained and stinking so I carried my broken body out of the gym and had trouble gripping my keys, door, stirring wheel, and everything I grabbed on the way home. Hopefully that sensation will go away cuz I got a free password to the Girls Gone Wild Website I'd like to utilize later :hump:

In Other News - I watched the Cheney vs. Edwards debate tonight and it was very obvious that Cheney destroyed him, but the poles are saying Edwards won. I guess more and more ignorant Americans disregard SUBSTANCE and are more impressed by posture, skin tone, go-lucky facial expressions, and HAIR. Running out the clock and looking pretty is all these clowns gotta do to get the "Survivor" watching, Abercrombie & Fitch catalog reading, celebrity gossiping Americans on their side. I have always thought human beings SUCK in general and my pessimistic outlook seems to be increasingly accurate the closer we get to November 2nd.

Back To BodyBuilding - As I said before, I am seriously considering 1-AD and any advice and/or info would be much appreciated.

Shoulders/Abs 2morrie followed by Legs Thursday or Friday. Diet has been pretty good today but consideing I have only been awake for 8 hours I haven't been able to consume quiet as much as I would have liked to. More muscle milk must be the solution :)

BIG C
10-06-2004, 04:16 AM
Good job on the deads/ curls Bro! :thumbup: Keep pushing through those barriers!

Mic Soloist
10-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Good job on the deads/ curls Bro! :thumbup: Keep pushing through those barriers!

Thanks a lot man. I love bulking. This is my first successful bulk. I finally realized I gotta eat.

Mic Soloist
10-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Wednesday October 6, 2004 - Legs/Abs

I attempted a new squat PR, hoping to get a couple reps.... I got 7!!! So yes, it was a good day.

Squats - I had help from a spot on the heavy sets. But he didn't really do anything other than tell me "TWO MORE" after every rep and help me get it back on the rack.

Set 1: 315 x 6
Set 2: 335 x 7 :thumbup::hump:NEW PR BY FAR!!!!!!:shoot::hello:
Set 3: 315 x 8
Set 4: 315 x 8

Could barely walk after that....

Lever Leg Extension

Set 2: 100 x 10

Leg Curls

Set 1: 130 x 6
Set 2: 130 x 6

Calve Raises

320 x 30 x 2

Ab Machine

Set 1: 85 x 25
Set 2: 85 x 25
Set 3: 85 x 25
Set 4: 75 x 25

Pain and bed are in my future...

work/school all day tomorrow... no gym. Shoulders Friday if life goes as planned....

Still looking for 1-AD advice and any other comments...

Mic Soloist
10-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Friday October 8, 2004 - Shoulders/Back

I had a quick session today. I was very tired, slightly hungover, and very weak. I did however get two sets of 2.5 - 3 reps of curl grip chin-ups with a 55 pound dumbell between my legs. I saw Chris Mason's vid and thought I'd try it. Not easy. But my shoulder workout was weaker than usual... I just had no energy.

I'm gonna hit the gym tomorrow and do something. Not sure what. May hit the legs and some biceps or something.

Having problems with the ol lady again... :(

ryuage
10-09-2004, 05:56 AM
impressive leg session as well as chin ups mic... hope things get better with the ol lady.

Mic Soloist
10-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks man.... let me clarify though, we're not married. Been dating for 6 years though.

I'm resting today and I'm gonna do some squats/deads tomorrow before work, followed by chest/triceps on monday.

Mic Soloist
10-10-2004, 01:07 AM
Song Of The Evening - Modest Mouse - Broke

Broke account so I broke a sweat
I've bought some things that I sort of regret about now
Broke your glasses, but it broke the ice
You said that I was an ******* and I paid the price
Broken hearts want broken necks
I've done some things that I want to forget but I can't
Broke my pace and ran out of time
Sometimes I'm so full of **** that it should be a crime
Broke a promise cause my car broke down
Such a classic excuse it should be bronze by now
Broke up, and I'm relieved somehow
It's the end of the discussions that just go round and round
And round, and round, and round, and round,
And round, and round it shouldn't have been anyway
No way, no way, no way, that's right
Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, uh no
Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, uh no
It was like everything was evidence of broken (time?)
You're living on fancy wine
You'll drink that turpentine
You're starting conversations
You don't even know the topic

Mic Soloist
10-10-2004, 01:16 AM
Other Song Of The Evening - Pink Floyd - High Hopes

Amazing lyrics and melody

beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
our troughts strayed constandly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begin

Along the long road and on down the causeway
Do they still meet there by the cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
With friends surrounded
The night of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by the force of some inner tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfuried
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Eneumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many time

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river

Forever and ever

wow....

Mic Soloist
10-10-2004, 02:53 AM
Other Song Of The Night - Don McLean - Vincent

One of the most beautiful songs ever written IMO

Starry, starry night
Paint your palette blue and gray
Look out on a summer's day
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul...
Shadows on the hills
Sketch the trees and the daffodils
Catch the breeze and the winter chills
In colors on the snowy linen land.

Now I understand
What you tried to say to me
And how you suffered for your sanity
And how you tried to set them free
They would not listen; they did not know how --
Perhaps they'll listen now.

Starry, starry night
Flaming flowers that brightly blaze
Swirling clouds in violet haze
Reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue
Colors changing hue
Morning fields of amber grain
Weathered faces lined in pain
Are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand.

Now I understand
They would not listen; they did not know how --
Perhaps they'll listen now.

For they could not love you
But still, your love was true
And when no hope was left inside
On that starry, starry night
You took your life as lovers often do --
But I could've told you, Vincent:
This world was never meant
For one as beautiful as you.

Starry, Starry night
Portraits hung in empty halls
Frameless heads on nameless walls
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget
Like the strangers that you've met
The ragged men in ragged clothes
The silver thorn, a bloody rose
Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow.

Now I think I know
They would not listen; they're not listening still --
Perhaps they never will...

Mic Soloist
10-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Monday October 11, 2004 -Squats/Biceps

Warmup: 225 x 8
Set 1: 355 x 1 (New PR)
Set 2: 315 x 8
Set 3: 315 x 8

Did 6 sets on the preacher and cables for bi's. I was tired and kinda sick today.

Mic Soloist
10-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Going to do Chest/Triceps tonight. I'm gonna start a month long chest workout plan I found in a mag. I am also gonna see if I can get more than one rep with the 100's. But since I've felt a lil weak this week, I dunno.

My squat PR's are coming along so well I really wish my bench would start improving. My chest has went from my best to my most lagging muscle group. Actually my back is probably most lagging, but my chest has hit a slump.

Mic Soloist
10-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Tuesday October 12, 2004 - Chest/Triceps/Abs

A couple weeks ago after some research I started bench pressing less weight and sticking to strict form. Since I mainly use dumbells for bench work this meant dropping down about 5 pounds from 90's to 85's. Since then... I have felt very weak. I haven't been getting the solid 6-8 reps with the 85's that I was getting before. This is strange because I haven't lost any weight or any strength on most other muscles. For the first year or more of working out, my chest was my most progressive body part. Now it seems as though my legs are my best part, and everything else including chest is lagging. I think maybe I've just hit a rut. I gained 15 pounds quick when I started bulking and the mixture of not always getting enough calories and possibly the quick initial success has led me to a plateau. I gotta start eating more, and eating cleaner if I want to have more success. I am closer than ever to trying the 1-AD but I gotta save up some money first.

Tonight I worked out with my friend Antonio and his boy Jamie. Jamie is 5'6 165 and ripped. His chest and back is huge. The dude seriously has a giant chest for his size and he's really cut too. He eats like sh-t too, yet his bf% is really low and he is massive for his height and weight. He also trains people though he's never been to school for it.

Decline BB Bench Press

Set 1: 155 x 10
Set 2: 225 x 1 (PR)

Flat DB Bench Press

Set 1: 85's x 6
Set 2: 85's x 5 :(
Set 3: 80's x 5 :( :(
Set 4: 80's x 5+1 with slight help from spot :( :(

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW+55 x 6 :)
Set 2: BW+55 x 4
Set 3: BW+40 x 6.5

Incline DB Press

2 sets of 6 w/ 65 pound db's :( weak

I did some fly machines and cable fly's too. Nothing special though.

I also did tricep pressdowns, dumbbell triceps extensions, and cable tricep extensions before leaving.

I did 4 sets of 25 reps on the ab machine with 75 pounds resistance.

I felt wide-awake and mentally prepared tonight but the strength wasn't there like I'd hoped. I did PR on the BB press but 225 is nothing special. I'm not used to doing bb's since that is the first time I pressed with a bb in many many months. I should be doing more...

Back/Biceps tomorrow, barring any natural disasters or the return of Christ

Mic Soloist
10-13-2004, 02:44 AM
I've been back from the gym for over 2 hours and I just measured my arm.... it was right at 16 inches. Which means... unless I'm still kinda pumped, my arms grew 1/2 inch almost over night!!!

God please help this to be true!!!!! :):):)

ryuage
10-13-2004, 04:39 AM
do you measure your arms every day or something?

Mic Soloist
10-13-2004, 08:48 PM
do you measure your arms every day or something?

No... usually weekly. But sometimes I randomly measure them. I'm really paranoid about losing size.

Mic Soloist
10-13-2004, 11:45 PM
rollin out to do back/biceps

be back l8ter

Mic Soloist
10-14-2004, 06:39 AM
Went to sleep last night instead of hitting the gym. I got school this morning and then I'm gonna hit the gym before work this evening. I'm either doing Back/Biceps or Back/Shoulders. Then I'm taking Friday off and lifting Saturday afternoon before work.

I'm going to try to eat as much as possible today before work cuz I know I'll be to busy to eat while I'm there.

Mic Soloist
10-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Thursday October 14, 2004 - Back/Biceps

I was in a hurry and didn't track lifts. I did chins, a few different types of rows, pulldowns, deadlifts, and some bicep supersets that left me numb for like an hour.

I worked out with 275 on the deads and it was tough. Only because of my grip though. I'm going to take St. Patty's advice and get some chalk before DLs next week.

I'll do shoulders tomorrow or Saturday. I'm having some cold beer and roman noodles followed by muscle milk tonight.

Mic Soloist
10-16-2004, 11:48 AM
I'm going to do shoulders/abs in a little while before a long night at work. I went out to a dope ass show last night. Two local bands I know... it was fun but I'm pretty tired.

Hope my shoulder presses are stronger this week.

Mic Soloist
10-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Once again I chose sleep over the gym. I was so tired this afternoon, now I gotta go to work. The gym won't be open when I get off so I'm gonna have to go tomorrow. Sucks but I just didn't have it in me this afternoon.

Mic Soloist
10-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Girlfriend of 6 years broke up with me again. God help my bulking diet :(

Actually that's the least of my problems. But I didn't let it effect my training last time and I won't this time. If you got time, pray for me.

shoulders/abs tomorrow. I'll probably be on a liquid diet. My pockets will be empty from all the muscle milk and whey I'm gonna need... blah

peace

BIG C
10-17-2004, 01:52 AM
Keep your head up Bro! You are in my prayers!

ryuage
10-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Keep your head up Bro! You are in my prayers!

:withstupi

Mic Soloist
10-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks a lot fellas. It's been a tough year but I know it could be worse. Maybe this is for the best. Honestly I haven't been happy in a while... but after 6 years I find myself holding on to it anyway. I don't know where this will lead but I'm leaving her alone and doing my thing. It's my only choice right now. Just more free time to spend in the gym...

Mic Soloist
10-19-2004, 12:27 AM
I went to the gym and did shoulders/biceps sunday. Then I went out and got incredibly trashed. It's not Tuesday morning and I'm just coming back into reality. I'm going to the gym in a little while to do legs or chest...

SW
10-19-2004, 05:34 AM
Kick some ass in there man. Prayers r 4 u man.

Mic Soloist
10-20-2004, 02:43 AM
Kick some ass in there man. Prayers r 4 u man.

Thanks a lot man. Things are going as well as expected. My diet isn't as horrible as I thought and I'm actually able to keep food down. I've treated her like gold recently and she's treated me like sh-t, so if she is really gone for good it's her loss.

Bush/Cheney 04!!

Mic Soloist
10-20-2004, 02:49 AM
Tuesday October 20, 2004 - Chest/Triceps

Incline DB Press

Set 3: 70's x 8
Set 4: 70's x 8

Flat DB Bench

Set 1: 85's x 6

Flat DB Fly's

Set 1: 30's x 10
Set 2: 40's x 10

Weighted Dips

Set 1: BW+45 x 8
Set 2: BW+45 x 6
Set 3: BW+45 x 5
Set 4: BW x ?

Dumbbell Triceps Extension

3 sets of 10 with 55

Tricep Pressdown

3 sets of 8 with 130

Cable Fly's

3 sets of 8-10 with 70 on each side

I worked out with 3 other guys, so this wasn't the most intense I've ever been. We stood around and talked about females a lot. My friend just got out of a 3.5 year relationship and now his girl is seeing one of his friends. So I guess things can get worse than they are for me. I should be thankful...

ryuage
10-20-2004, 05:09 AM
nice workout... and sucks about the friend.. I wouldn't call the other guy a friend. Who goes out with one of their friends girls?? then again I never been in the situation so I dont know how it is, I'll just shut up.