PDA

View Full Version : Have I taken this whole thing too far?

jimlynch11
05-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Ok so this might seem a bit off topic, but anyway:

I'm graduating college in a week and a half. Just took my last exam ever. Am I insane for not wanting to drink it up and celebrate with everyone else because I don't want all my hard cutting and gym work to go for naught? I'm really torn between wanting to tear it up and get ****faced and wanting to keep up with this cut because I'm like a week away from my goal BF% at this rate.

What gives? What would you all do?

PS - Spending all next week at the beach so I want to look sharp haha.

Shao-LiN
05-04-2004, 07:36 PM
My thoughs: it's one damn night. Unless you plan on eating 1 million calories, I doubt you'll screw up a multi-week cut in one night. If you're looking at getting screwed the whole week, then I'd worry. Me, I just said screw it and didn't care what I looked like and drank for the week =P.

Beast
05-04-2004, 07:43 PM
One night won't affect you, man. I don't think it would no matter how much you drink or eat.

JTyrell710
05-04-2004, 07:43 PM
i guess u could go for hard liquor instead, less cals

jimlynch11
05-04-2004, 07:54 PM
If you're looking at getting screwed the whole week, then I'd worry.

Haha yeah, that's kind of what my dilemma is. My friends have all taken to making fun of me because I only drink two nights a week these days instead of the 4-5 they do. I guess that makes me a quitter? Lol.

Saint Patrick
05-04-2004, 07:56 PM
No, it means you're dedicated to Bodybuilding.

And that's really cool.

That being said, go get drunk. :)

Jasonl
05-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Haha yeah, that's kind of what my dilemma is. My friends have all taken to making fun of me because I only drink two nights a week these days instead of the 4-5 they do. I guess that makes me a quitter? Lol.
Heh, they're just jealous that you're in much better shape and health than they are! That being said.... :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic

Shao-LiN
05-04-2004, 09:46 PM

My friends respected that I stopped drinking for the year, but that was just my friends, hehe. Takes more dedication to avoid it. Besides, I got to make fun of what my friends did those nights anyway =).

Dedicated
05-04-2004, 09:51 PM
I don't think it would hurt if it was one night.

ogarchamplin
05-04-2004, 10:26 PM
i dont know about you but for me i have to stay on track no matter what. I have an additive personality. so if i cheat a little then i would go nutz..but its your will power and all i have to say is do what you think is right. screw peer pressure

geoffgarcia
05-04-2004, 11:09 PM
did you go away to college?
or are you close to home?

jimlynch11
05-04-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm away in NC...I'm from Massachusetts originally.

I decided that in honor of graduation and Cinco De Mayo, its going to a $5 46 oz margarita at this local mexican place tomorrow night and then see where the night goes from there. Not even going to inquire about all the sugar in it...haha.

As for next week at the beach, I'm pretty certain all hell is going to break loose. Oh well, I've got the rest of my life to make up for it right? :alcoholic

JaN11784
05-05-2004, 12:20 AM
I applaud your efforts.

Mic Soloist
05-05-2004, 12:23 AM
You should be very proud of yourself. You are truly dedicated to bodybuilding. I love to drink beer and I am at a constant battle with diet vs. fun on the weekend. The diet and fitness only has positive effects on my life while the drinking has negative effects. But on most weekends I still choose to drink.

I am working hard on being much more dedicated. I think you are a fine example of a hard working dude who deserves props.

Go out and have a great time, you deserve it. One night will not kill your diet.

But get back in there and keep kickin ass the very next day.

great job