PDA

View Full Version : Need diet, help

Utopianhopes
05-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey, I am 6'0 195lb and around 15-13% body-fat. I am looking to cut right now, before summer. Here my diet (below), I am looking for some advise.

Meal 1: 4 egg whites, (2 slices), & protien shake (2 scoop.) 46g protien, 28 carbs, 0g fat.

Meal 2: Apple (0.2g protien, 15.3g carbs, 0.4g fat)

Meal 3: Veggies, carrots, and ham w/ wheat bread (2 slices). (10g protien, 14g fat, 20g carbs)

Meal 4: Apple (0.2g protien, 15.3g carbs, 0.4g fat)

Meal 5: Protien bar (20g protien, 16g carbs, 5g fat)

post workout
Meal 6: Protien shake (2 scoop) w/ creatine (46g protien, 6g carbs)

Meal 7: Dinner (meat or chicken w/ broccoli). (3g fat, 0 carbs, 26g protien)

Meal 8: Pre-Bed (Protien shake) 2 scoop (46g protien, 6g carbs, 0g fat)

Total: 194 .4 g protien, 103.6g carbs, and 22.8g fat

I also drink 1 gallon of water a day and do cardio in off-days (3 days), about a hour each day. I really would like to know if this is a good diet. I feel paraniod, because common logic is eat less/lose fat, while i am eating more. Also, doesn't your metabolism slow down when you go to sleep. Won't the protien turn fat?... I would greatly appreciate any comments.

Later...

jimlynch11
05-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Are you sure you're adding up your amounts properly? What you have listed for totals is about 1400 calories which is probably too low for a guy your size (I was about your body weight about 2 months ago).

I'd shoot for 1750-2000 cals a day, and a protein/carbs/fat calorie breakdown of 50/25/25 or something similar.

Vido
05-04-2004, 06:53 PM
An apple is not a meal. Eat more in general, especially fat.

Utopianhopes
05-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Are you sure you're adding up your amounts properly? What you have listed for totals is about 1400 calories which is probably too low for a guy your size (I was about your body weight about 2 months ago).

I'd shoot for 1750-2000 cals a day, and a protein/carbs/fat calorie breakdown of 50/25/25 or something similar.

Hey, anyway I can check out what you diet routine was like. I would love to see if i can get some more ideas or take a couple of examples.

Augury
05-04-2004, 07:37 PM
two important conciderations when you are looking at a diet are how much of your carb intake is simple sugars. like....oats. 100g of oats are nice and complex and maybee 5g is simple sugar. 100g of raisins = 100g of simple sugars = very bad.

also dont be scared of fat. you need fat. get 20-30% of your calories from fat. just make sure that the saturated fats are as low as you can possibly get. they are the bad ones. so lots of flax seed oil...olive oil...its all good clean fat so to speak. i know that sounds a bit odd.

just make sure you are getting an overall calorific deficit, eating clean food and you will lose bodyfat. keep training hard and you will at the very least maintain muscle bulk.

eat things with fiber in. vegtables are good for this...as are other obviously fibrous food or foods with added fiber. fiber will help make you feel fuller (especially when you drink water) and will keep hunger pangs at bay when you are on a calorie deficit. any trick helps.

my recent discoveries have been tarka dal (a pulse thats got lots of protein and little or no fat), low fat cottage cheese and pre cooked roast chickens. food for three days and again lots of taste and protein. dont forget tins of tuna. they are....goldmines. of protein. obviously if they were literally goldmines then they would be a little more expensive to buy. I digress.

Augs.

Aug

jimlynch11
05-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Hey, anyway I can check out what you diet routine was like. I would love to see if i can get some more ideas or take a couple of examples.

Meal 1: 1 whole egg, 2 whites, 3 slices deli ham, sliced mushrooms, slice fat free cheese, tabasco chipotle pepper sauce, english muffin ~[385 cals: 38 g protein, 33 g carbs, 7.5 g fat]

Meal 2: Proteinfactory.com Caseine shake with Carb Countdown brand milk ~[210 cals: 38 p, 3 c, 4.5 f]

Meal 3: Slice chicken breast w/ cucumbers, .5 tbsp olive oil ~[160 cals: 16p, 0 c, 8.5 f]

Meal 4 (Preworkout): 1/2 granola bar, 1/2 banana, whey shake w/water ~[228 cals: 24p, 28 c, 3 f]

Meal 5 (Postworkout): 1/2 granola bar, 1/2 banana, whey shake w/water ~[228 cals: 24p, 28 c, 3 f]

Meal 6: Turkey burger, slice of cheese, 4 slices pepperoni, Tabasco (no bun) ~[225 cals: 25.5p, 2 c, 12 f]

Meal 7: 2 pieces chicken breast w/ mushrooms and cucumber, 1 tbsp flax, sugar free creamsicle ~[340 cals: 34 p, 12 c, 18 f]

Meal 8 (Before bed): Proteinfactory.com Caseine shake with Carb Countdown brand milk and a serving of lowfat cottage cheese ~[300 cals: 51 p, 7 c, 7 f]

Totals (approximate): 2050 cals: 250 protein, 107 carbs, 64 fat

I eat alot, but spread it out as much as I can during the day (I'm normally up from around 10 AM until midnight or 1 AM). This is just a rough mockup, I have a spreadsheet I made in Excel with all the foods I buy which I then adjust based on the servings I have every day.

Also, it should be noted that I'm taking ephedra twice a day as well as drinking a cup or two of green tea and thus don't want quite as much of a caloric deficit as might be necessary otherwise.

EDIT: This is a schedule for workout days. On off days everything is pretty much the same, except I don't eat the banana and have a serving of whey with each of the caseine shakes instead of pre/post workout.

Utopianhopes
05-05-2004, 05:16 PM
thanks everyone for there comments. I will try to make one like jimlynch11 and get back to you on it.

Shark
05-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Make sure you up your fat in the next diet you make. I want to see 70+ grams at least.