PDA

View Full Version : burned calories ques.

carlossalsa8
05-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Hi eveyone! I was just trying to figure something up, but I never figured it out. Heres my question:

Lets say I burned 1100 to 1200 cals on a training day ( I ran for 12 miles). I ran at night. After I ran, I did not eat nor drink gatorade or any other sport drink, just water. I felt asleep after taking a shower. Does that means those calories I burned during the night can be consumed next day mix with my calorie intake a day? Thanks.

Ebu
05-05-2004, 07:56 PM
hmmm, im sorta confused what you mean, but, i'll give it a shot.

I think your talking about having a calorie deficit because of the fasting you are doing. I think yea, you'll lose some weight, but, I still don't fully understand your question...

Shao-LiN
05-05-2004, 10:37 PM
He means, can he eat more the next day because he didn't eat as much the day before.

Ebu
05-05-2004, 10:41 PM
oh, well, cals dont EXACTLY work like that. but yeah, your body will prolly be able to use some more the next day.

Shark
05-05-2004, 11:18 PM
You want to try and think of it more as a same day thing, not a next day thing IMO. If you're going to do 500 cals of cardio, you can eat some more food. But in my experience if I do a bunch of cardio one day and eat more the next it just stalls my weight loss.

carlossalsa8
05-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Yes I meant if I can eat more. I asked this question cuz I always train at night 7 pm till 9 or 10 pm. So I don't have time to eat after training. I just go directly to bed. I am eating 2000 cals a day, and I know it is too low compared with all the running I do. I burned lots of cals. But it is just the fact that I work and study so there is limited time to eat. And sometimes I just feel full ( prolly the veggies- broccolli makes me feel full). I can't really eat much more than I do. the weird thing is that on saturdays and sunday I get so hungry and that is when I eat a lottttttttttt. It is weird. But now I will just eat right after workout, don't you think? or I will just drink some gatorade or eat some fruits with a regular oatmeal ( at night), wut do you think should I eat after workout or should I eat all my cals before I run? thanks.

Shao-LiN
05-06-2004, 01:52 AM
Why don't you have time to down a protein shake after you train?

AllUp
05-06-2004, 02:32 AM
Also I doubt RMR was put into consideration. :o

ryuage
05-06-2004, 05:18 AM
i use an avg of weekly calories rather then daily

carlossalsa8
05-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Why don't you have time to down a protein shake after you train?

I am not into protein shakes. Never have drank them. Do you think a protein shake after workout would be a good idea? I ma try it and see wut happens cuz I always wake up hungryyyyyyyy.

Shao-LiN
05-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Ummm...yah, I'd say it's a great idea. If you don't have time for food for some reason, then down a protein/carb shake after you work out.

carlossalsa8
05-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Ummm...yah, I'd say it's a great idea. If you don't have time for food for some reason, then down a protein/carb shake after you work out.

I don't have time for food cuz I like to cook my food and after practice I just want to go to bed. My training is pretty strong I would say so yeha when i get home first thing I do is take a shower and go to sleep. But I ma start drinking a pro/carb shake. Thanks.

Shao-LiN
05-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Cook your food earlier in the day/night before/beginning of the week. In any event, just down a protein/carb shake. I'd say it's pretty important to get carbs and protein in after a workout.

carlossalsa8
05-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Cook your food earlier in the day/night before/beginning of the week. In any event, just down a protein/carb shake. I'd say it's pretty important to get carbs and protein in after a workout.

I did not think about that bro. I will start cooking my food in the beginning of the weak ( don't think I ma a great cooker, I am barely learning but I am getting there). After training or a soccer game, how long should I wait to eat? I usually drink 24 oz of water after training and a game, and sometimes I just drink a gatorade ( right after training). I am just curious if I should wait a amount of time to consume liquids or food. Thanks.

Isaac Wilkins
05-07-2004, 03:54 AM
I did not think about that bro. I will start cooking my food in the beginning of the weak ( don't think I ma a great cooker, I am barely learning but I am getting there). After training or a soccer game, how long should I wait to eat? I usually drink 24 oz of water after training and a game, and sometimes I just drink a gatorade ( right after training). I am just curious if I should wait a amount of time to consume liquids or food. Thanks.

You should consume food as soon as possible afterwards, if not before/during. The best approach after the soccer game would be one or two gatorades, then keep drinking water. After training some protein and a gatorade would be beneficial.

carlossalsa8
05-07-2004, 04:51 PM
You should consume food as soon as possible afterwards, if not before/during. The best approach after the soccer game would be one or two gatorades, then keep drinking water. After training some protein and a gatorade would be beneficial.

is 24 oz of water before and after a game or practice fine? That is wut I usually drink at a game or at training. During the day I drink a gallon and a half.

Shao-LiN
05-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Water does not replace food.

carlossalsa8
05-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Water does not replace food.

I never say water would replace food. Wut I meant was if 24 oz of water before and after a game (20-30 minutes before and after) would be okay to recover the fluids lost during a game. And I have another ques. :

What would be a good meal to eat after practice ( at night: 10:00 pm)?

Shao-LiN
05-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Of course water is fine. Ummm....whatever you feel like eating to meet your caloric goals for the day. If you plan on sleeping, a good slow digesting protein like casein (i.e. cottage cheese) or something like chicken.

ryuage
05-08-2004, 04:33 PM
eat a balanced meal of protein carbs fat