PDA

View Full Version : Whats the big deal about losing muscle?

Focused
05-05-2004, 06:14 PM
ive been cutting for a few weeks and some days i barely got in 1000 calories(im about 165)..sometimes i didnt have time to eat because i would be out and i refuse to eat from any fast food resturants...... plus im poor and somedays i just flat out ran out of food. :(

i think i may have lost some muscle....but the point is, muscle neve really goes away, it just shrinks right?

if i start bulking after this, the muscle can be restored to its orignal size and more right? its not like the muscle is magically disapears and is gone forever is it?

Optimum08
05-05-2004, 06:49 PM
yes when u start bulking the muscle will come back, when cutting u need to keep protein intake up so u retain as much muscle mass as possible, and muscle just doesn't disappear it just shrinks and yes it will come back with high intensity workout sessions and bulking...

EdgarMex
05-05-2004, 07:36 PM
The deal with losing muscle is that it is not easy to build and it takes time, that's why most people here try to lose as little as possible when cutting.

TBone4Eva
05-05-2004, 08:32 PM
:withstupi and to add, you put all that time, effort, and money into building your muscles, why wouldn't you want to try and keep as much of it as possible?

Shao-LiN
05-05-2004, 10:35 PM
ive been cutting for a few weeks and some days i barely got in 1000 calories(im about 165)..sometimes i didnt have time to eat because i would be out and i refuse to eat from any fast food resturants...... plus im poor and somedays i just flat out ran out of food. :(

i think i may have lost some muscle....but the point is, muscle neve really goes away, it just shrinks right?

if i start bulking after this, the muscle can be restored to its orignal size and more right? its not like the muscle is magically disapears and is gone forever is it?

Compare how long it takes to build muscle with how fast it takes to lose it. You can easily negate a bulk if you diet badly.

louis1099
05-05-2004, 11:50 PM
muscle memory...gotta love it......I messed up my arm, was benching 225 in NOV...by March was up to 365+....of course everyone thinks I"m on juice. They didnt see me when I was doing 425. Do what ya gotta do man..it comes back quick if you do it right. The hardest part is setting new highs.

ryuage
05-06-2004, 05:19 AM
whats the point of cutting if youll have nothing to cut down to except bones.

JSully
05-06-2004, 07:09 PM
whats the point of cutting if youll have nothing to cut down to except bones.

So you're competition weight and bf% year round, even when bulking? Damn, give me some of those genetics.

Cutting is a preference, if you don't want to cut or dont need to: Don't.