PDA

View Full Version : George Foreman and Chicken Breast

Focused
05-06-2004, 11:16 PM
i suck so bad at cooking i cant even cook on a george foremna grill...every time i oput some chicken breast int here, they come out tasting terrible

its like the skin is all tough and its hard as hell to even chew it.....i may be cooking it at too high of a setting i dunno, like i said i cant cook!

so what setting and for how long do you use for chicken breat on the grill..and do they ever get those black marks(you know those black lines like it was grilled on a bbq grill) .i have yet to see that since ive been using it

Shark
05-06-2004, 11:19 PM
first off, get some boneless skinless chicken. second, rub some evoo on both sides and throw it on a warm foreman. check it every few minutes by cutting in to the inside to see if its pink. as soon as it just got a tiny hint of pink take it off and let it sit on a plate for a couple of mintues. it will keep cooking inside after you take it off the foreman. grab some of your favorite condement or just cut it up and eat it. simple.

Focused
05-06-2004, 11:27 PM
now that i think abot it, nothing i cook ever taste right on that thing...most overrated piece of junk ever...ive got a gas grill ill just use that since its warm

ive done what you said most of the time and it still taste terrible, im threw exprementing

*throws gf grill in trash, no more replies need**

Strider2
05-07-2004, 05:19 AM
I put it on full heat for 14 minutes and I look forward to my chicken every day.

briancurran01
05-07-2004, 08:06 AM
i heat the foreman grll for 2 minutes then put the chicken on for 9 minutes and it is always perfect same for steak

Anthony
05-07-2004, 09:10 AM
My George Foreman grill kicks ass. Steak, chicken, hamburgers, bacon, sausages ... all of them are EXCELLENT on the grill. I wipe it down with paper towel while it's still hot, so clean up takes about 1 minute. Great stuff!

Feminator
05-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Chicken is so low in grease anyway there's no point in drying it out further with one of those grills, just stick it in the oven or something.

ryuage
05-07-2004, 01:33 PM
My George Foreman grill kicks ass. Steak, chicken, hamburgers, bacon, sausages ... all of them are EXCELLENT on the grill. I wipe it down with paper towel while it's still hot, so clean up takes about 1 minute. Great stuff!

:withstupi

i know its non stick but if you put a little pam on it itll wipe off even easier.

Holto
05-07-2004, 01:45 PM
you're cooking it way too long

those things are made to cook quickly

2 minute warmup

5 minutes

cut slits into it

10 minutes

===========

tasty bird

I use barbecue dipping sauce

jagleaso
05-07-2004, 01:45 PM
first off, get some boneless skinless chicken. second, rub some evoo on both sides and throw it on a warm foreman. check it every few minutes by cutting in to the inside to see if its pink. as soon as it just got a tiny hint of pink take it off and let it sit on a plate for a couple of mintues. it will keep cooking inside after you take it off the foreman. grab some of your favorite condement or just cut it up and eat it. simple.

Exactly!
I dont think I could live without my little foreman and chicken breasts

iLUDEd
05-09-2004, 11:02 AM
i preheat for 2-3min (usually the time it takes me to get the chicken out and marinated)
leave the chicken breast in there for 6min on medium heat
cut it up in pieces on the grill
leave it on the grill untill i get a plate
chuck it on the plate and eat

J450n
05-09-2004, 11:08 AM
its like the skin is all tough and its hard as hell to even chew it.....i may be cooking it at too high of a setting i dunno, like i said i cant cook!

I have the same problem now and then, over-cooking it.. Not taking any risks with chicken though.. just knock a few mins off in future...

HahnB
05-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Most food on the foreman grill will not taste very good. In the same time you could cook on a regular grill that tastes much better.

Shao-LiN
05-09-2004, 02:15 PM
My food tastes just fine. If your food tastes funny, I'd say you need to clean the foreman more.