PDA

View Full Version : carbs b4 2?

latinomasfino
05-07-2004, 04:30 AM
i heard from couple of people that you should consume mostly all of your carbs befoer 2pm and then have protein adnd vegetables after. Is thiis accurate?

fornero
05-07-2004, 09:30 AM
No. Nothing magical happens at 2pm that changes the way you handle carbs.

There is an advantage to consuming a larger portion of carbs when insulin sensetivity is highest (during/post-workout), but beyond that, so long as you're getting adequete protein/EFAs, it's total calories that matter.

latinomasfino
05-07-2004, 10:18 AM
No. Nothing magical happens at 2pm that changes the way you handle carbs.

There is an advantage to consuming a larger portion of carbs when insulin sensetivity is highest (during/post-workout), but beyond that, so long as you're getting adequete protein/EFAs, it's total calories that matter.

ooo k nice dude yea thast wut i thought but wasnts all sure.

PiKappaWRX
05-09-2004, 02:00 PM
well it all really depends on when you need the carbs most, as in when you workout. i workout in the mornings, so i eat the most at that time. after about 4 or 5, if i'm not at work, i'm just sitting on my ass or not doing much, so i have no need for a lot of carbs for energy. for that reason, i eat most of my carbs early in the day. if you workout at night then you would need more carbs PWO at night. I work as a server in a restaurant so i'm always running around. but if i don't work then i'm lazy as hell and just posting on these forums at night. eat the carbs when you need them most.

Vido
05-10-2004, 12:08 PM
eat the carbs when you need them most.

:withstupi