PDA

View Full Version : Diet Check

Strider2
05-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Ok I just want to see if my cutting diet is suitable.

I am 6 foot at about 164, 12%.

My last diet I was having Oatmeal instead of Scrambled eggs. The problem is that Oatmeal is getting really hard to eat. It tastes the same but each time I eat it it fills me up more. I used to love it but this morning it took about 25 minutes to eat it. This change means this diet is not so balanced because of the drop in carbs. Are there any problems with any of this?

Meal 1 - Protein Shake, Scrambled Eggs, Piece of WW Bread, Hemp Oil
Cals - 724
Protein - 61g
Carbs - 37g
Fat - 35g

Meal 2 - Tuna, Piece of WW Bread
Cals - 219
Protein - 33g
Carbs - 17g
Fat - 2g

Meal 3 - Chicken, Brown Rice
Cals - 320
Protein - 34g
Carbs - 23g
Fat - 9g

Meal 4 - Peanut Butter, 2 pieces of WW Bread
Cals - 368
Protein - 14g
Carbs - 40g
Fat - 18g

Meal 5 - Tuna, Piece of WW Bread, Hemp Oil
Cals - 382
Protein - 33g
Carbs - 17g
Fat - 19g

Totals

Cals - 2012
Protein = 175g (roughly 35%)
Carbs = 134g (roughly 27%)
Fat = 83g (roughly 37%)

prof
05-07-2004, 10:00 AM
get some fruit and veg in there, you need some variety

Shark
05-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Definitly need some fruits and veggies, don't want to get scurvy :)

geoffgarcia
05-07-2004, 10:18 AM
its my understanding that fruits and veggies are just good sources of various vits, so just take a multi vit...you can get dietary fiber from other areas...

your breakdowns and foods look good, so looks like you've done your homework! good job!
the only thing is 2012 is pretty darn low
how old are you?
how much exercise do you do besides lifting?
any running/cardio/tennis/swimming, etc? how much time per week?

you might want to consider a thermogenic (AtLarge-Thermocin, Avant - HEAT, Cytodyne - Xenadrine, etc...) or topical fat removal lotion (Avant -AbSolve/Lipoderm, Skulpt, etc..)

prof
05-07-2004, 10:31 AM
geoff multis don't provide all the other phytos, i did a general search on phytochemicals and found some good stuff,

t-mag recommend a lot of fruit and veg in your diet, I tend to get some with most meals. There are so few cals in most veg that you can eat a pile without worrying

Fruit is much more calorific, but as long as it's in your totals then that's ok

geoffgarcia
05-07-2004, 10:33 AM
prof, thats cool, I was just taking a stab in the dark...my bad

here is a good article on phytochemicals:
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/5000/5050.html

Phytochemicals are nonnutritive plant chemicals that contain protective, disease-preventing compounds. More than 900 different phytochemicals have been identified as components of food, and many more phytochemicals continue to be discovered today. It is estimated that there may be more than 100 different phytochemicals in just one serving of vegetables.

Although phytochemicals are not yet classified as nutrients, substances necessary for sustaining life, they have been identified as containing properties for aiding in disease prevention. Phytochemicals are associated with the prevention and/or treatment of at least four of the leading causes of death in the United States -- cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and hypertension (7). They are involved in many processes including ones that help prevent cell damage, prevent cancer cell replication, and decrease cholesterol levels.

http://www.5aday.com/html/consumers/healthcolors.php

Blue/purple fruits and vegetables contain varying amounts of health-promoting phytochemicals such as anthocyanins and phenolics, currently being studied for their antioxidant and anti-aging benefits.

Green vegetables contain varying amounts of phytochemicals such as lutein and indoles, which interest researchers because of their potential antioxidant, health-promoting benefits.

White, tan, and brown fruits and vegetables contain varying amounts of phytochemicals of interest to scientists. These include allicin, found in the garlic and onion family. The mineral selenium, found in mushrooms, is also the subject of research.

Yellow and orange fruits and vegetables contain varying amounts of antioxidants such as vitamin C as well as carotenoids and bioflavonoids, two classes of phytochemicals that scientists are studying for their health-promoting potential.

Specific phytochemicals in the red group that are being studied for their health-promoting properties include lycopene and anthocyanins.

prof
05-07-2004, 10:46 AM
curly kale, broccoli, and kiwifruit score very highly

Strider2
05-07-2004, 02:47 PM
I don't do anything other than lifting, 4 times a week. I am 20 years old.

I started at 2200 calories but I was not quite reaching a pound a week, so I dropped 100, then another.

I could most probably put some fruit in, the problem is though I hate vegetables. Forcing them down is out because they make me sick. The only vegetable that I like is white potatoe but I'm trying to keep away from High GI carbs. I tried sweet potatoes but they were terrible as well. I really do wish I could eat vegetables because I am serious about my lifting and diet.

geoffgarcia
05-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Strider,
your metabolism adjusts to your consumption levels over time.
Just because you don't see pounds coming off on the scale don't assume that your diet isn't working...

Its never advisable to go below your BMR and I'm guessing at your age/weight thats about 2k calories per day which your at right now.

You need to do some research into refeeds to kick your metabolism up...otherwise you fall into the catabolic zone which is typically undesirable for bodybuilders

Strider2
05-07-2004, 03:13 PM
lol I found that out little while ago when I didn't lose any weight for a few weeks. After posting I got put in the right direction and had a good read up about refeeds and Leptin. I love this site because I'm constantly learning new things.