PDA

View Full Version : eating habits

sifguy1980
05-10-2004, 02:08 PM
If I eat lets say chinese food in afternoon like aroun3-ish hen I lift at around 10pm est night and do cardio for 30 minutes. Will I have altered anything in my body from the time i consumed the food till after I lift? Will I burn What I ate off?

AllUp
05-10-2004, 02:24 PM
From a calorie perspective, it would depend on what your calorie intake is. After the activity you burn X calories and you subtract X calories from your total calorie intake. If it equals maintenence calories or lower then yes, you will have burned what you ate.

Depends on other factors as well.

-Amount of food (and its breakdown, calories, etc.)
-Duration of activity, intensity of lifting
-Current weight (as people with higher BF% lose weight faster)
-EFA intake

sifguy1980
05-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Ok lets take today for example. I ate pork lo mein with pork fried rice, small portion too wasn't a dinner special. And an egg roll on side with water, I drink everything with water now days. So 6 hours pass and I hit the gym, lets say I do my chest and biceps, and do 30 minute cardio. Will I have lost ANYTHING from what I ate earlier? How does ones body react to food already in the system?

geoffgarcia
05-10-2004, 03:13 PM
after 7 hours that food is probably just getting into your small intestine and is just starting to be processed..what you do in the gym does nothing to that particular meal

rather than eat all that fried chinese food why don't you head on down to the Spanish Tavern in mountainside and get yourself a good meal:)
(heheh I used to work there)

sifguy1980
05-10-2004, 03:19 PM
heh I go to every diner in jersey!

Anyways I was just wondering cause i seen myself lose more weight when I eat....wait 6 hours or so lift and then I see the results in the morning, weird how the human body works

PiKappaWRX
05-11-2004, 08:31 AM
that's because in the morning, ur stomach is completely empty. if you were to eat small, healthy meals that were spaced out correctly, you would also wake up in the morning feeling the same results, if not better.

gopher
05-13-2004, 01:27 AM
You go 6 hours without a meal and then workout?! Big mistake, you will be in a very catabolic state if you are training after going that long without food.
I have 3 words for you, small frequent meals.