PDA

View Full Version : do i need to calculate a seperate BMR and AMR?

ali
05-10-2004, 04:07 PM
hi everybody.
For the next 6 days i would be working out in the gym for about 30 minute sessions..(i already had my first today),and after that i'll get started with WBR#1...I was designing a diet plan for me and I don't know what should i use as an activity rating to determine my AMR..shall i use a seperate AMR for this week and get another one for the next one?

ali
05-10-2004, 04:53 PM
could someone please reply because i need to design my diet plan in the next 3 hours exactly before i have my breakfast!!

ali
05-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Great..now i have only 2 and a half hours remaining..can someone reply NOWW??

wibble
05-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Are you bulking or cutting or what? Just take your BMR, add 500 cals and try it out. If you don't gain, add 200-300 more next week. If you're cutting, eat maintenance and do cardio or eat at a slight caloric defecit, say maintenance-300 to start and modify from there.

ali
05-10-2004, 06:16 PM
nope..actually i'm tryin to do something suggested in this (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=19&pageid=2) article.And i need to know if i'll need seperate AMRs for this and the next week?

geoffgarcia
05-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Your Callaway BMR is 1917
Harris-Benedict: 1913

do you know how to figure out your AMR?

don't fall into believe these number apply across the board, they merely take into account your age/height/weight and an avg fitness level for people your size/age....so your true BMR could be +/- 200 calories or more...

the best way to find out your AMR is to track your diet for a few months...then there will be no question how many calories it takes to + or - weight...
dietorganizer>fitday

also

1.3 lightly active (normal every day activities)
1.4 moderately active (exercise 3 to 4 times a week)
1.6 very active (exercise more than 4 times a week)
1.8 extremely active (exercise 6 to 7 times a week for more than an hour in duration)
is a higher activity multiplier than I've ever seen...
I've seen this in a few spots:
1.18 lightly active
1.25 moderately active
1.38 very active
1.5 extremely active

finally, don't "plan" to exercise 6-7 times a week and assume you qualify as extremely active...rather pick what your activity level has been over the last 3 months...THAT is what your activity/metabolism are currently....in 3-4 months you can reevaluate....

but again, these are meant as ballpark numbers....if you really care about diet/nutrition you'll just file this number away in your head and forget about it...the only number that matters is the one that you calculate for your own body and that will take 2-3 months to figure out in my experience.