PDA

View Full Version : why cant i gain the weight...

ISUfootball
05-10-2004, 11:37 PM
hello im a walk on football player for isu and i love to lift weights and work out..recently i have noticed my weight has stayed at approx 233 for the past 2 monthes...its really pissing me off...(by the way i am 6'5'')...by next aug i would like to be approx 245 i know i can attain that but it seems to be getting more difficult to gain weight...i take creatine and i work out hard...i eat healthy but i most certain that im not eating enough...i would say i get round 3,000 to 3,500 calories a day...thats pry not enough...i need to start a eating log most likely to help with this prob....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....PS i want to stay fast

wleon
05-10-2004, 11:47 PM
you basically wrote the solution "keep a log" that is the only solution you have

at your weight you should be eating around 4194 calories, with 3000 you will be killing your body,

use fitday to plan your meals and eat eat eat eat, brown rice, pasta, are very good

Shao-LiN
05-10-2004, 11:53 PM
You answered your own question.

ryuage
05-11-2004, 05:51 AM
:withstupi

AllUp
05-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Yep. Any time you make visible gains raise the cals a little if gains slow down. The added muscle ends up burning more calories and you'll only get bigger if your body knows it will have adequate food to support the increased mass. A survival mechanism of sorts.

The opposite also applies. Your body will breakdown muscle eventually if calorie intake is too low so that it it can reduce passive daily calorie expenditure that would come from just having lean mass present.

I'd gradually up the cals by like 150-200/day until your at maintenence. From there, I'd stay at maintenence for 1-1.5 weeks and increase them from there. Thats just my honest opinion, assuming you were staying at 3000ish calories for as long as you stated.

Assuming your cals are to maintenence by 2.5 weeks you should see gains once your at maintenence calories or above.

I was in your situation for about a month and a half. You will only get lean but you wont see any major size/strength increases unless you up the cals. It's all about the cals.

chris mason
05-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Read this article:

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php

Feminator
05-12-2004, 06:53 AM
Eat more.