PDA

View Full Version : Great Breakfast

ogarchamplin
05-11-2004, 07:17 AM
Man, i just had the best low cal breakfast and i wanted to share with you all

3 egg omelet folded into a trinagle place between two Kashi Go Lean blueberry waffles. I tabl of lite butter then some Log Cabin Diet Maply Syrup(slpenda) over the top.

ryuage
05-12-2004, 04:27 PM
sounds good

JTyrell710
05-12-2004, 05:35 PM
sounds delicious.. but if only it had more cals!

ogarchamplin
05-12-2004, 05:37 PM
sounds delicious.. but if only it had more cals!

Not if your cutting!

geoffgarcia
05-12-2004, 06:01 PM
without meaning to sound critical
IMHO, taking in these kindsa foods just keeps your sweet tooth and desire for "good tasting" foods alive

If you want to change your lifestyle/body you need to convince yourself that flavor is as insignificant as possible...that way your MUCH less likely to go back to your old lifestyle.

Maybe I'm a little to hardcore so take it with a grain of salt...but there is more to life than good tasting food

ryuage
05-12-2004, 06:15 PM
sure there is more to life then good tasting food, does that mean you wouldnt want good tasting food?

geoffgarcia
05-12-2004, 06:18 PM
sure there is more to life then good tasting food, does that mean you wouldnt want good tasting food?
IMHO its like treating a cocaine addiction by jumping to alcohol because you still like the high...
your addressing the situation but not the problem
like I said, I realize this is a little hardcore and we all have weak moments but I think addressing them is a good thing!

Augury
05-14-2004, 04:04 AM
Im with geoff on this one. However I would look at it from a slightly different angle...rather than thinking of it in terms of not having tasty food so your body gets used to eating plainer, simpler yet much better for you food:

Has anyone ever given up eating crisps (potato chips for the USA folk)? I did, years ago. When you stop eating them you miss em for a while. Then you forget about them. then, at some party or cinema or whatever someone offers you a few from their packet. you have one. you are assaulted by the massive ammount of fat and salt in just one crisp. when you were eating them you caouldnt remeber them tasting so crazy. I tried to eat a packet all on my own the other day and felt sick halfway through. so greasy...so salty.

whats my point? palette adjustment. We are used to salt, fat and sugar tastes. Its the western disease. If you slowly ease off on the stuff your pallette stops being desensitised to these tastes. Suddenly a little bit of salt has the same effect as the massive quantities you used to have. You start to notice all the natural flavours in foods (even if they are plain) far more than before becasue your palette is much more sensitive to strong tastes now.

On a side note...things like chili, spice, herbs are all 0 cal. use them. they make anything taste good and yummy. experiment with herbs and spices...its the only way to learn how to use them to enhance.

Augs,
the commis chef :) [i wish]

ogarchamplin
05-14-2004, 05:03 AM
without meaning to sound critical
IMHO, taking in these kindsa foods just keeps your sweet tooth and desire for "good tasting" foods alive

If you want to change your lifestyle/body you need to convince yourself that flavor is as insignificant as possible...that way your MUCH less likely to go back to your old lifestyle.

Maybe I'm a little to hardcore so take it with a grain of salt...but there is more to life than good tasting food

Geoff when have you ever been critical..lol i dont really understand what your saying because before dieting i can assure you that i never ate Kashi Waffles, let alone Diet Syrup and lite Butter

TBone4Eva
05-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Why not have both? Food can be good for you and also taste good. Fruit is an excellent example. Anyway, taste is subjective.

geoffgarcia
05-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Geoff when have you ever been critical..lol
hhahah:) I get that a lot!
Honestly 99% of the time when I'm writing these things I'm in a great mood and only have the best and most constructive of desires with my feedback, but I have realized that my words always tend to have a nasty tone...its kinda ironic because I'm really the most laid back, carefree and happy go lucky guy I know!
:D