PDA

View Full Version : Vegatables and friut ideas

Augury
05-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Just thought I would post two ideas ive been using for the last month that are working really well for me.

its sometimes hard to get all the veg you need in your diet without messing around with chopping up this and that all the time.

Veg are a great source if vitamins and iron, packed with fibre and so there is really no down side to eating a lot of them except when you are seriously wathicng the calories. I get a huge saucepan and chop up literally every veg i can find...parsnips, cabbage, carrot, mushrooms, potatoes, brocoli, sprouts, kidney beans, onion, garlic, zuccini, etc etc and the4n cook for 30 mins then blend it all. Stick it into cup sized servings in freezer bags and then get two or three out at a time into the fridge. You have veg on tap and it actually tastes like thick soup. I heat it up in a mug and yum it down with a tin of tuna and some bread or whatever.

fruit are simple carbs so eat less of them. Again, freeze up your fruit and then get a batch out the freezer, blend em up and make a cold shake. add some yoghurt and you have a smoothi. yum.

off I go
Augs.

geoffgarcia
05-11-2004, 01:47 PM
get a juicer, dump em in...juice of all juice in 2 minutes...

edit: drink w/ straw so it doesn't touch your tongue

Shark
05-11-2004, 02:16 PM
dude steam that and eat with chicken.. all good