Reloader
05-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Ive come up with a little concoction thats pretty good

2 cups white rice cooked
1 lb lean beef
1 oninon
2 brocclii heads
spagetti sauce

cook well done and mix..do u think this would be better pre or post workout during a bulk?

iLUDEd
05-11-2004, 11:49 PM
sounds like something good to have an hour after your post workout shake.
post workout youd want something to get into your system quick, whole foods take longer than powders, thats why most recomend a shake post workout.

Vido
05-12-2004, 12:17 AM
sounds like something good to have an hour after your post workout shake.
post workout youd want something to get into your system quick, whole foods take longer than powders, thats why most recomend a shake post workout.

:withstupi

Killa Kurt
05-12-2004, 12:53 AM
I dont understand, why not just eat the meal afterwards, and drink the protein shake while you eat the meal, thats normally what I do. I usually eat a heavy meal, then drink the protein shake, since I always got room for a shake.

iLUDEd
05-12-2004, 01:10 AM
I dont understand, why not just eat the meal afterwards, and drink the protein shake while you eat the meal, thats normally what I do. I usually eat a heavy meal, then drink the protein shake, since I always got room for a shake.

you want to consume the shake before the meal, because the nutrients of the shake get into your body alot faster than whole foods, when you workout you damage your muscles, you want to enhance repair and growth by nourishing it asap after a workout. then following it with a normal meal an hour later.

TheGimp
05-12-2004, 02:39 AM
It might be good about an hour before a workout to provide you with energy from the rice and some sustained protein from the beef.

But yeah, post workout you just want some whey and dextrose/maltodextrin to get protein and glycogen to your muscles asap.

ryuage
05-12-2004, 05:22 AM
or you could always try it out and see how it works for you.

supirman
05-12-2004, 09:12 AM

dumping too much into your body at once won't help anything. it'll end up wasting many of the nutrients you consumed. drink a whey/dextrose shake immediately after your workout, then 60-90 minutes later eat your meal.

btw, if you don't have dextrose, eating 20 packs of smarties is equivalent (and fun on occasion) :)