PDA

View Full Version : Training all three lifts the same day

bill
05-11-2004, 08:02 PM
I saw someone training all 3 lifts today. Concentrating more on squats though, I know lots of people do deads with the squats, but anyone try all 3? Is this a common thing if you training for a meet?
I never feel that I have the energy for deads after squats ? Do you guys?

DontGiveUp
05-11-2004, 08:32 PM
You can train all three in one day, but it is not optimal. One way you can do this is the following:

Mon
Squat-Heavy
Bench-Medium
Deadlift-Light

Wed
Deadlift-Heavy
Squat-Medium
Bench-Light

Fri
Bench-Heavy
Deadlift-Medium
Squat-Light

This would be more like the beginning of a training cycle. The next phase would be something like this.

Mon
Squat-Heavy
Bench-Medium
Deadlift-Light

Thurs
Deadlift-Heavy
Squat-Medium
Bench-Light

Mon
Bench-Heavy
Deadlift-Medium
Squat-Light

Then the next phase:
Mon
Squat

Wed
Bench

Fri
Deadlift

As you see, when the weights get heavier, the amout of workouts for each lift get reduced. This is one way to train if you want to go with all three lifts in one workout.

SalahG
05-11-2004, 08:39 PM
I saw someone training all 3 lifts today. Concentrating more on squats though, I know lots of people do deads with the squats, but anyone try all 3? Is this a common thing if you training for a meet?
I never feel that I have the energy for deads after squats ? Do you guys?

It's probably because he doesn't have time to split them in to different days, or he uses a split like the guy who posted the reply before me.

Flying Knight
05-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Training to gain strength, split or use different intensity; training for a meet, you gotta put them together.

Maki Riddington
05-11-2004, 09:01 PM
The latest WBB program which I have designed is structured so that all three lifts are trained in each workout, three times a week. The routine will be published next month.

bill
05-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Cool thanks guys just playing with some powerlifting stuff and trying to understand more of the concepts.

Songsangnim
05-14-2004, 11:25 PM
The latest WBB program which I have designed is structured so that all three lifts are trained in each workout, three times a week. The routine will be published next month.

This sounds rather interesting. I look forwards to reading this routine.

Beelzebubba
05-15-2004, 02:58 AM
Stephan Korte has a routine based on the three powerlifting exercises, I think it's archived at Strength Online.

SW
05-15-2004, 10:51 AM
I squat and deadlift on the same day, but bench different days. I squat after deadlift too, but it's hard. But hey, that's iron for ya.

Ja113
05-18-2004, 01:54 PM
There's a routine out there by Stephen Korte (I think that's his name) where you trained all three lifts in one session. I think it was called 3x3 or something like that....I tried it but was smoked after about 4 weeks. I wasn't a big fan of it!