PDA

View Full Version : Trying to lose around 15-20 LBS in 9 weeks... Possible?

fierce
05-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Hey everyone. Im 5'10 188 LBS,trying to get down around 170 or so.. Im leaving for europe on July 15th, so thats my deadline :)

So far ive been running around 2.5 miles a day, 4/5 days a week. My diet looks something like this.

Breakfast:
4 eggs (only 1 yolk)
1 Slice 100% Wheat bread
Ketchup :)

Lunch
Stir Fry with only mixed vegitables, and a little oil

Dinner
Roasted chicken without skin
Broccoli and cheese sauce
Very little Potatoe Salad (4/5 bites)

I dont drink anything other than water (and alcohol on some days)..

I know this is very low calories/fat/carbs, but im desperate to lose weight fast... dont have much time.

Can you guys recommend anything to aid in my weight loss?

Deathwish
05-13-2004, 11:00 PM
About 2 lb/s a week is what you want to do? You're gonna need a much better diet than that. 1 lb of fat is 3500 calories. 2 lbs would therefore be 7000 calories. That means your caloric intake has to be 1000 less than your needs everyday. You're definately not eating enough. Do a search for cutting diets and information. My rough estimate is that you need to be eating: 188x15 = 2820 -1000 = 1820 calories atleast each day to be lose fat and not muscle. When you do not eat enough your body goes into survival mode and in short tries to turn everything you eat into fat since it thinks it's starving. Like I said, do a search for a lot more information. You might also want to look into CKD and Ultimate Diet 2.0.

fierce
05-13-2004, 11:18 PM
I dont care so much about losing muscle.. I just want to shed the weight..

I have really ****y metabolism, and if im eating around 2k calories a day, I will not lose weight. This is what I was doing all winter long pretty much, eating between 2-3k calories a day.

Ive read how your body goes into survival mode etc, but has this been proven? I dont really understand how eating MORE, is going to make me lose more weight.

Shrug

DavidyourDuke
05-14-2004, 02:31 AM
Just try this for a week: Continue your cardio, and have 1500 calories a day, and then 1 day of the week where you eat about 3000-3500 calories. This should boost your metabolism to where it doesn't stay in "survival mode"

Dedicated
05-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Just try this for a week: Continue your cardio, and have 1500 calories a day, and then 1 day of the week where you eat about 3000-3500 calories. This should boost your metabolism to where it doesn't stay in "survival mode"
That would probably work really well and he would probably lose alot of weight. Again though, muscle would come off, but if it's not an issue, this will probably work well. I say try it for a week and if possible get your bodyfat tested every single week to see how it goes and make adjustments from there.

fierce
05-14-2004, 09:51 AM

I usually have a cheat day on fridays (woohoo today is friday :clap: )

So, I guess that will work!!

thanks for the input

Raven21
05-14-2004, 11:16 AM
why wuold people want to loose muscle?

Holto
05-14-2004, 11:50 AM
the survival mode just means your metabolism is slowed down in an effort to conserve calories

think of it like this

you eat 2500 cals and your body burns 2000 = a deficit of 500 cals

then you cut down to

2000 cals and your body burns 1700 = a deficit of 300 cals

it's all a matter of energy balance...

ectx
05-15-2004, 11:44 AM

It's not that they want to, it's that it's a natural process that occurs when you're at a caloric deficit. The idea is to keep as much of the muscle as you have on, but you still end up losing a little bit (or a lot) of muscle depending on how you go about it.

fierce
05-15-2004, 11:56 AM

I dont WANT to lose muscle... But I would rather be thin and have less muscle, than have love handles and be able to bench more weight

Paladyr
05-15-2004, 02:40 PM
how long have you been running and eating what you listed?? If so, I would imagine you should be losing weight pretty fast already!

fierce
05-15-2004, 07:10 PM
how long have you been running and eating what you listed?? If so, I would imagine you should be losing weight pretty fast already!

Well ive been running 3 miles a day for the last couple weeks, but I didnt start eating really well till this past monday. Hopefully by this coming monday I will be down 2/3 lbs.

:Crossesfingers: