PDA

View Full Version : whey protein + olive oil = slow digestion?

windwork
05-15-2004, 07:51 PM
if i take
whey protein + olive oil
will that slow the digestion of whey protein?

what CAN slow down whey protein's digestion? thanks.

Shao-LiN
05-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Fiber, fats...

windwork
05-16-2004, 04:13 AM
okay that is good.
i wanted to know since i dont like to eat a lot, but taking in whey protein powder for protein is very easy, so i was wondering how i can take whey protein all the time but make it digest slower during the day when i take it.

ryuage
05-16-2004, 06:47 AM
take a protein blend.

restless
05-16-2004, 07:12 AM
okay that is good.
i wanted to know since i dont like to eat a lot, but taking in whey protein powder for protein is very easy, so i was wondering how i can take whey protein all the time but make it digest slower during the day when i take it.

If you take it with a large meal it should be somewhat slower. I doubt a bit of fat or fiber will have a significant effect on it though.

the doc
05-16-2004, 08:37 AM
the problem is that they are already highly processed (especially whey powder, less so the olive oil) and a lot of the digestive work (which slows down absorbtion) has already been done

TheGimp
05-16-2004, 08:45 AM
No, liquid fat won't slow the digestion of a liquid meal.

Mixing it with milk will slow its digestion.

KingJustin
05-16-2004, 09:17 AM
I am not positive about the answer but Whey Protein + Olive Oil + Milk tastes really, really good.

Shao-LiN
05-16-2004, 10:47 AM
okay that is good.

Do what ryuage said and buy a protein blend. Don't have to use whey protein, much more slower digesting protein powders out there. Don't even have to use a blend, can get straight casein if you want.

PiKappaWRX
05-16-2004, 12:21 PM
casein is the key factor in slowing digestion...