PDA

View Full Version : Question about a meal

ogarchamplin
05-15-2004, 10:13 PM
For my meal 5 i am allowed 6oz of protien, carb which can be rice, WW pasta, 2 cups of fibrous veggies or i cup of starchy veggies. Plus one fat normally PB,Slada Dressing, nuts...anyhow i wanted to make chilli and i was wondering how to make sure when i make it that my serving that i eat will have what i am required to eat for that meal?

ryuage
05-16-2004, 06:51 AM
easy... put in 6 oz of protein your 2 cups of veggies etc... you just listed what you could have so make the chili out of it! :)

ogarchamplin
05-16-2004, 09:47 AM
easy... put in 6 oz of protein your 2 cups of veggies etc... you just listed what you could have so make the chili out of it! :)

Ok say i wanted to meake a meatloaf. I could use oatmeal instead of bread as my carb to hold it together and i could add veggies to it. But how large of a slice would i have to eat to get my required amounts? I think i will buy the South Beach Diet Cookbook

ryuage
05-16-2004, 09:51 AM
its all up to you, you are the one cooking but just remember use as big as a slice as your calories will let you. say you want to eat 1 serving but you make a meatloaf with 4 then just eat 1/4 of it... im not understanding the question perhaps.

Shao-LiN
05-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Easy, just use enough ingredients to make it to get your required amounts. You're overthinking, if you want to make a big loaf of bread or a big pot of chili and don't know how much you need to get the macros you want, then don't make it that big, just make a single serving.

ogarchamplin
05-16-2004, 10:53 AM
maybe making it single serving might be the best way to go

ryuage
05-16-2004, 12:17 PM
thats what I was trying to suggest :)

ogarchamplin
05-16-2004, 12:29 PM
thats what I was trying to suggest :)

Ok some times i am a little slow....i did make Turkey chili..two servings and it was good! better than just eating 6oz of ground Turkey, and a cup of beans