PDA

View Full Version : What happens to Protien when you ...

rapidshoter
05-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Say if you eat alot of protien and don't workout what would happen to all that protien taken?

CraigVA286
05-16-2004, 09:11 AM
It will be used to KEEP the muscle you have ... if you dont get enough protein and you dont work out then your muscles will be eaten by your body.

Max-Mex
05-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Some of it will be used for muscle, some of it will become fat (if you are taking in more calories than burning).

PiKappaWRX
05-16-2004, 12:20 PM
the body does not easily store protein as fat, as it is more incline to do so with carbohydrates and dietary fats. keeping protein high will keep muscle, and only turn to fat if cals in > cals out. if one is not lifting, then there is no need for a bulking cycle, b/c he would just get fat.

geoffgarcia
05-16-2004, 01:16 PM
your body also consumes protein for non muscle things such as sperm, etc...
roughly 30g per day for the avg male goes to these things..

rapidshoter
05-18-2004, 01:31 PM
So basically .... if i workout and gain muscle, and don't work out but consume alot of protein my muscle will still be their (as in definition and shape).

Shao-LiN
05-18-2004, 03:52 PM
Well, if you don't use your muscles to the same degree...over a period of time, they will atrophy. Don't become disillusioned to think that you can work out, gain some muscle and expect to keep it like that. You still need to do work to maintain it.

Kramoose
05-19-2004, 06:46 AM
your body also consumes protein for non muscle things such as sperm, etc...
roughly 30g per day for the avg male goes to these things..

Excuse me for being crude but the more you wank the more protein you need??

No wonder I'm not getting bigger!!! ;-)