PDA

View Full Version : about sweeteners and insulin

Reinier
05-17-2004, 01:21 AM
An experiment with diet coke and diabetics showed that a sweetener can give a person an insulin release

Seeing as insulin can, in complex ways, be used to create fast muscle growth, and sweeteners are cheap and have no calories, could you not create the effects of BBer insulin use with the smart consumption of great qualities of sweetener? :idea:

Vido
05-17-2004, 01:24 AM
Regardless of whether you can or not, I don't think that would be very healthy.

Holto
05-17-2004, 12:40 PM
I think it would be someone what limited

sucralose invokes an insulin response when it enters the portal bloodstream because it's so molecularly similar to sugar

however we are talking about milligrams not even grams right

I think taking in 50 grams of sucralose would be more expensive then shooting some insulin

Reinier
05-18-2004, 01:37 PM
You sure? I can buy quite large amounts of sugar free sweetener for quite little money.

Holto
05-18-2004, 02:59 PM
hmm...

still sounds unhealthy

AND you are still risking a diabetic coma

Shao-LiN
05-18-2004, 04:29 PM
You sure? I can buy quite large amounts of sugar free sweetener for quite little money.

You'll need large amounts of it to invoke the response you're looking for. So, in the overall picture, it will probably end up being much more expensive in the long run.

Reinier
05-31-2004, 04:46 AM
Well I still think it's a cool idea :cool:

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-01-2004, 10:19 AM
An experiment with diet coke and diabetics showed that a sweetener can give a person an insulin release

Seeing as insulin can, in complex ways, be used to create fast muscle growth, and sweeteners are cheap and have no calories, could you not create the effects of BBer insulin use with the smart consumption of great qualities of sweetener? :idea:

Cephalic insulin response.

Do a search.

And as to your last question, no. Provoking a response with sweeteners compared to injecting the stuff is just a one-sided idea.