PDA

View Full Version : My quest for stong and healthy

devhuman
05-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi all -

I've been lifting on and off for about 2 years now. It's time for me to get consistant and starting carving myself into a strong healthy body. Here's my info:

I'm currently fluctuate between 233-237lbs. I'm 5'7. I'm 31 years old. I have a crappy metabolism, but I seem to have pretty good muscle growing genetics. I see fairly good muscle gains in a short amount of time, but it's a real struggle to get the fat off.

My goals by December 31, 2004
- Under 15% BF
- 32" waist
- Bench 225
- To be able to see my penis while making love to my wife! (I'm not joking)

I'm tired of being fat. I'm tired of not being able to shop for cool clothes. I'm tired of not looking sexy for my wife... she's wicked hot (don't ask for pictures) with a fantastic body. Very cut. We have a great love life, but never the less, it's not fair to her for me to all frumpy, while shee looks like a girl from the front cover of Shape! On top of all that, my blood preasure is starting to rise a bit and I have a family history of that. So, I need to get this nipped in the bud... in the process I want to get bigger and ripped.

Here's my current rutine:

- Monday:
o BB Bench press 3x8
o Inclined DB press 2x8
o Chest dip 2x8
o Assisted chin ups 2x8
o Seated cable rows 2x8
o Dead lifts 2x8
o Shrugs 1x10

- Tuesday:
o Cardio

- Wednesday:
o Squats (ATF) 3x8
o Single leg presses 2x8 (each leg)
o Leg curls 2x8
o Straight leg DL's 2x8
o Calf raises 2x8
o Abs (crunchs, leg raises)

- Thursday:
o Cardio

- Friday:
o Shoulder press 2x8
o Barbell upright row 2x8
o Rear delt cable fly 2x8
o Front delt cable raise 2x8
o Close grip bench press 2x8
o Dips 2x8
o Standing EZ-BB Curl 2x8
o Hammer curl 1x8

Diet:

- 06:00:
o 1 cup egg beaters
o 1 cup raisin bran, 1 cub 1% milk

- 07:00: Workout

- 08:30:
o Tuna, WW bread, plain yogurt as mayo sub.

- 12:00:
o Chicken breast, broccoli

- 15:00:
o Flank Steak, mixed veggies

- 18:00:
o Family dinner (clean)

- 21:00:
o Light yogurt with fruit

Totals (approx):
o Protien: 241 Grams or 963 calories (46%)
o Carbs: 192 Grams or 670 Calories (32%)
o Fat: 49 Grams or 444 Calories (21%)
o Total Calories: 2154

So... I'll try to visit daily and update my journal. I'll post some pictures as I go as well.

Comments are very welcome.

-Tom

devhuman
05-17-2004, 01:02 PM
Here's a link to my logs. I'll republish to the web every so often. I'll cut and paste the highlights directly to my journal. There are tabs at the bottom for my measurements, log, and routines.

Click here. (http://www.iakom.com/personal/Toms_Workout.html)

-Tom

devhuman
05-18-2004, 09:47 AM
Ok... schedule this week made me move everything over one day. So, this week I'm lifting on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. This schedule may actually work out better with my Son being on summer break starting next week. We'll see how it goes.

So... today:

Weighed in at 238.

BB Bench Press 8x165lbs, 8x165, 8x165
Inclined DB Press 8x50, 7x50
Chest Dip 7x-25, 6x-25
Assisted Chins 7x-110, 6x-110
Seated Cable Rows 8x120, 8x120 (sloppy form on last rep)
Dead lifts 8x155, 8x155 (these kill me)
DB Shrugs 10x60

Work out was really good. Had some burning in my out delt (the middle head) on my right arm after chest was finished. What does that mean? Was I inlisting my shoulder too much? It was muscle burn, not like a joint ache or anything like that.

I keep progressing well on my bench press, but am stuck at 50lbs on my inclined DB press. Last week I finished 2 sets of 8. Then, I come back this week and couldn't finish the same weight at 2 sets of 8. However... my bench went up. Also... I have a hard time getting the weight up into prosition on my Inclined DB press. I have to have my wife help me get the weights up, then I can continue with the presses. Anyone else have this problem with heavy DB presses (either chest or shoulder)?

Eating tuna on WW dry. That'll take some getting used to, but need to nix the fat in mayo.

All and all... a good workout.

devhuman
05-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Diet good today... A little sore today, but not too bad. Drinking a lot of H20. Looking forward to hitting legs hard tomorrow.

devhuman
05-21-2004, 04:57 PM
It's been a crazy week and I managed to miss leg day. That sucks. I'm going to double up arms and legs tomorrow. I think I'm going to start going to the gym very early in the morning (or at least early for me). Like at 6 or 7 am. That's before anyone can have any major demands on my time.

Swam to day... That was good. It aways feels good and is good cardio. I need to get my breathing a little smoother.

Frozenmoses
05-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Nice journal, dev. It looks like your diet and training are pretty well in order, and I think you've set some reasonable goals for yourself. Good luck with it, man.