PDA

View Full Version : Making a Good Protien Shake?

TOBART
05-17-2004, 04:22 PM
I bought a big tub of GNC Mega Mass weight gain powder. The directions say 3 scoops (they are big scoops) mixed with 350ml of water or milk. I tried this and it was the most disgusting drink I've ever had in my life, actually I wouldnt qualify it as a drink, more of a thick paste with powdery lumps that tasted like battery acid, mixed with a bunch of sugar.

Now this shake was about 1000 calories and 60g of protien, I really dont need this much for a post workout shake, I could probably do 2 scoops and milk.

How should I go about making something that is relatively decent to drink. I'm thinking about making it in a blender next time and using some fruits and stuff. Any suggestions?

Saint Patrick
05-17-2004, 04:28 PM
peep the recipes forum.

TOBART
05-17-2004, 04:38 PM
Alright I've been looking around there a bit and I've got a good idea of how to fix this problem. One more question on the subject.

Can I make like 2 liters of a weight gainer shake, drink 1/3 of it then put the rest away in the fridge for later on? I'd likely drink the other 2 servings within 24 hours.

biggimp
05-17-2004, 05:52 PM
umm no. don't. all the protein/powder will settle at the bottom of your bottle and stick to the walls of your bottle, leaving you with mostly only water or milk.

Vido
05-17-2004, 07:27 PM
umm no. don't. all the protein/powder will settle at the bottom of your bottle and stick to the walls of your bottle, leaving you with mostly only water or milk.

and it would be impossible to shake the bottle again to re-mix the protein...

TOBART
05-17-2004, 10:56 PM
So I mixed 1 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of water, 2 scoops of powder, creatine, vanillla extract and a banana and made the most delicious protien drink I've ever had in my life. :thumbup:

meltedtime
05-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Don't buy that GNC crap if you want taste or performance. A lot of better protein powders on the market that taste great and mix easily with water. Find an independent supplement store that isn't so busy pushing it's own products it forgets that there are others on their shelves. GNC employees get bonuses for selling GNC products. They suck.

Timetoshoparound

TOBART
05-18-2004, 08:50 AM
The only reason I went with a GNC product is because my good friend works there, I got it heavily discounted and he assured me it tasted great.

biggimp
05-18-2004, 06:54 PM
and it would be impossible to shake the bottle again to re-mix the protein...

sure, if your shake isnt in a mixing bottle.

ryuage
05-19-2004, 05:29 AM
throw in some fruits, some oats, throw in whatever you like!