PDA

View Full Version : Scrawny weakling To big and ripped

funkenstein
05-19-2004, 11:31 AM
This is my first journal and post for a long time, ive been busy working and what not, i started working out last april when we got some equipment, i was probably around 125-130lbs, extremely weak, and got told how skinny i was and decided it was time to change, so off and on i started working out i didnt really know what to do but thats when i got a workout partner and came on here and figured out what to do. For about half a year ive been working out and dieting right, i have an extremely high metabolism so it takes a while for me to put on weight. I worked out at home for a long time and then deiced to join a gym thats where i really made gains. Last april im estimating i could bench 75lbs squat 70 and deadlift maybe 125. i was a bone rack with no muscle, up untill before the gym my maxes were probably 130lb bench, 35lb db bench, 150lb squat and 250 dl, after going there for 2 months and eating alot of food and creatine for 1 month i gained fast. Now I work out at home since we bought new equipment. We got a powertec power rack: http://www.fitnesssource.ca/product_info.php?cPath=18_174_118&products_id=1232 and bodysolid fid70 bench: http://www.fitnesssource.ca/product_info.php?cPath=18_175&products_id=2014, some more weights and dip belt some other stuff, and got rid of all our old equipment which was a basic bench and squat attacment and alot of sand weights. Now im dedicated to working out because once i started to see big strength gains and my changing its kind of addictive.

funkenstein
05-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Yesterday i did chest it was a good workout, here what i did:
bench press: warmup, 95x8, 110x8, 125x8, 130x5
db bench press: 55's x8, 45x8, 45x8
dips+25lbs, 2 sets of 8 reps

Thats it, im also starting to take creatine, just started again yesterday. Im not going to be posting my diet because i dont have the time, i had a day off work today so thats why i started this journal.

Milord
09-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Hey funk, good stuff. I was a lot like you a few years ago but have but on some muscle and went from benching 85 lbs. to 185 lbs. Unfortunately I now live a ways from a gym and I'm looking to buy some gear from homw. How much was that Rack and bench and weights from Fitness Source? I'm in Canada also and will probably order from them. Do they have financing as well?