PDA

View Full Version : Question about calories and dieting.

Songbird
05-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Edit - My original question got answered and my thread morphed into something totally different so I edited for that. :D

I just want help determining my body type. Just consider my following reply as the first post. I am just looking for opinions is all. ;)

mebeoch
05-20-2004, 06:00 PM
woa you dont want to go that low. One good guid line is to take 500cals less than than normal. If your going down in the thousands and you are of any kind of desent size your going to burn muscle up and thats not good. also if you are doing alot of cardio you are burnning alot more than 200 cals. losing fat takes a little time be patient

Songbird
05-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Well I am 6 ft tall and currently around 204 lbs. I really really want to lift weights but at the moment I dont have access to any kind of equipment. The uni I go to has let out for the summer and just when I wanted to get into shape I dont have a gym to go to anymore. I will have in a month and a half but that is a different story. :P

Anyway ya I probably need to eat more but I mostly end up eating chicken breasts and turkey sandwiches. I dont mean to eat like that it just sorta happens that way. I do indulge in a cup 0 fat sherbet ice cream everyday though. :D

I have attached a current picture of myself to give you an idea of my body type. I really dont know what body type that I am. Can anyone tell by looking at the picture?

JTyrell710
05-20-2004, 06:15 PM
body type? looks like basic ecto morph with a little flab on ya- my opinion

Songbird
05-20-2004, 06:26 PM
This is a before and after pic I took last year when I worked at a place that had a gym. I took in around 2500 calories a day and got close to 200g protein a day. This was during a two month span. When I am able to get back to a gym I hope to fall back into the same groove. :nod:

edit - In that picture I was around 195 lbs. I actually made it up to 212 lbs a few months ago before I finally realized I needed to quit eating McDonalds every other day. tuttut

Songbird
05-20-2004, 07:21 PM
body type? looks like basic ecto morph with a little flab on ya- my opinion

Hey man thanks for the reply. I just did some research on ectomorph body type and the textbook definition doesnt seem to fit me at all. It says they have a hard time gaining weight (fat I am assuming). I have got from a 34 waist to a 38 in under two years. I was a 34 waist for the greater part of my teen years. Dont know man but I have never really been skinny. Most people have always described me as stocky or big boned.