PDA

View Full Version : New to website ...Diet help

bostonmarc22
05-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Ok guys, I came across your web site doing a search.... i really want to eat healthier and drop some weight...I know about the exercise stuff, but have never been good with a diet...I am not looking to be "big" just get in shape

I am 5-11 205 lbs....i am proportioned well, but my gut is huge....I have been reading here for a couple of days and heres my summary. Please fill me in if I am wrong

1. Looks like I need a lot of protien to cut weight....Eat plenty of tuna in water, wheat bread, skinless boneless chicken, drink a lot of water.

2. Breakfast need to be oatmeal, wheat toast, eggs white (yuck)not sure how im gonna pull that off.

3. Sounds like I need a whey protein shake? Any recommendations? How and what do I mix with etc etc

4. is the 6 meals a day neccesary? I know iot not 6 real meals, but still?

Thanks to everyone in advance...great site and I look forward to reading your responses. If anyone has links to sample diets or whatevere please post

EdgarMex
05-20-2004, 06:42 PM
1.- You don't need a lot of protein to lose weight, you just need about 1g per pound of bodyweight. Good sources of protein are milk, eggs, chicken, turkey, lean beef, tuna, fish. If you don't get enough protein from whole food then you can add some protein powder to your diet.

2.- Eggs are not a must on your diet, but they are a good and cheap way to get protein. I don't like eggs either, yet I'm currently eating 3 for breakfast.

3.- Whey shakes should be added only pst workout and if you're not getting enough protein in your diet, like I said on #1. To mix it you can use water (postworkout) or milk (any other time).

4.- 6 meals are not necessary, but it sure help, particularly when you're cutting, hunger won't hit you as bad if you eat several small meals instead of 2 or 3 big ones. At the end of the day it's all about calories in vs. calories out, it's up to you ho to distribute them along the day.

Harry
05-23-2004, 11:47 AM
why shud whey shakes only be post workout, i drink a shake in the mornings is that a bad idea, shud i hsve it post workout, wat about days when im not lifting?

Saint Patrick
05-23-2004, 12:18 PM
why shud whey shakes only be post workout, i drink a shake in the mornings is that a bad idea, shud i hsve it post workout, wat about days when im not lifting?

Read what he said again:

3.- Whey shakes should be added only pst workout and if you're not getting enough protein in your diet, like I said on #1. To mix it you can use water (postworkout) or milk (any other time).

pruneman
05-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Another thing that may help in loosing weight is to add more veggies to your diet. They are low in calories, very filling, and contain many vitamins and minerals. They are also very cheap. If i were trying to loose weight, the first thing i think i would do would be to add more veggies to my diet.