PDA

View Full Version : Decent Cutting meals?

Harry
05-23-2004, 01:23 PM
I just wandered if u thought this looked decent for an example of the foods i would eat in the day, im eating 2100 cals between 4 meals

(If a cardio day-do cardio)

8-amOatmeal , 6 egg whites and glass of milk.

11am-Protein bar, banana and an apple.

2pm Protein shake and pasta with tuna.

(Lift if a lifting day)

5pm-A piece of steak, with a jacket potato and vegetables.

9pm-Chicken Sandwich in whole wheat bread,hand full of nuts

ill aimto drink about 6 litres of water a day if not more.

i havent worked out the exact cals for each foodfs yet but does it look decent?

im wanting to have a 40% pro 40% carbs 20%fats....shud i add remove certian foods from the above?

Deathwish
05-23-2004, 01:46 PM
I would have so many carbs at 9pm personally. I also wouldn't bother drinking a shake on a non lifting day. You're going to need more fat I think. Break it down and see how it works out. For fat add some more peanuts and some flax seed oil maybe.

Harry
05-23-2004, 01:49 PM
where do i get flax? should i take three spoonfuls a day or sumthin, ive seen similar said before. DO u suggest i dont have the bread?

Deathwish
05-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Flax is found at local grocery stores. No bread at 9pm meal. Take as much flax as you need. But I'll tell you it doesn't taste that great atleast imo.

Dedicated
05-23-2004, 02:30 PM
where do i get flax? should i take three spoonfuls a day or sumthin, ive seen similar said before. DO u suggest i dont have the bread?
No, go ahead and eat the bread. If the calories are what they should be then it looks excellent.

Get fish oil instead of flax. You can buy it at any grocery or supplement store. Take 2 tsp or so daily and make sure you count the fish oil as part of your calorie total, 2 tsp is roughly 90 calories.

If it's a lifting day a pre and postworkout shake would help also. You will want to have the calories a little higher on lifting days to accomidate this.

Harry
05-23-2004, 02:35 PM
o wow u said excellent :), lol ok ill edit wat i shud eat

Shao-LiN
05-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Flax is found at local grocery stores. No bread at 9pm meal. Take as much flax as you need. But I'll tell you it doesn't taste that great atleast imo.

You buying into the carbs in the evening make you fat myth?

supirman
05-25-2004, 08:27 PM
I only take in carbs twice during a day and both are post workout meals. workout 5-6, pwo #1 shake with 90g dextrose immediately after. pwo #2 containing 90g complext carbs at 8pm. works well for me.