PDA

View Full Version : Diet Coke

seK
05-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Anyone have the nutritional info on common diet cola's? I can't seem to find any. :(

Songbird
05-24-2004, 05:14 PM
I drink them sometimes and if I remember correctly it is 0 cals and 0 fat. Is that what you needed?

seK
05-24-2004, 07:23 PM
I was hoping for a little more, thanks for the help though.

brianbob123
05-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Diet Pepsi:
0 protein, 0 calories and fat, 1% sodium (25 mg)

in red on the indregients it mentions Phenylketoonurics: Contains phenyaline...

SquareHead
05-25-2004, 01:35 AM
I drink diet rite or hansons diet soda.

Hansons Diet Soda. (http://www.hansens.com/products/soda/diet/diet.tpl?)

Diet Rite (http://www.dietfacts.com/item.asp?itemid=537)

Drink up enjoy, we probably wont fully know the effects of these sodas until we are dieing from them. ;)

Budiak
05-25-2004, 03:12 AM
I'd say that something you have to worry about with the consumption of diet colas is that they do contain some amount of phosphoric acid, which is said to leech calcium out of your system. To those not in the know, that's bad.

Also, the caffiene in diet soda can really add up in a day. If you drink 48oz of diet soda a day, which is about the size of a large cruiser cup from a fast food place or 4 12 ounce cans, thats a lot of caffiene. Caffiene constricts blood vessels and does other undesirable things to the male sexual anatomy. A steady dose of caffiene all day every day isn't good, especially since I think a good portion of bodybuilders here and everywhere else are already taking caffiene-containing supplements on a daily basis.

Many clear sodas don't have caffiene or phosphoric acid, so if you're worried about it, drink diet 7Up, Diet Sprite, Diet Ginger Ale, etc. Look at labels.

ogarchamplin
05-25-2004, 06:57 AM
Also i have read studies that if you drink soda from the can it can cause Alzatimers(sp)

seK
05-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Its all bottles here, I am not drinking it all that much I was just wondering if I should bother putting them into my Fitday Log and if so under what?

SquareHead
05-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Well if it's a diet soda that boasts 0 calories I would step out on a limb and say your safe not putting it into fitday. If it has calories then add it. That would be a good rule of thumb.

Berserker
05-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Doc told my mom to lay off diet, was hurting her liver.

TBone4Eva
05-25-2004, 07:15 PM
I'd say that something you have to worry about with the consumption of diet colas is that they do contain some amount of phosphoric acid, which is said to leech calcium out of your system. To those not in the know, that's bad.
See, I don't really understand this because in nutrition class we learned that the body produces bi-carbonate because it has to neutralize the acidity of the food that is now mixed up with acids of the stomach as it exits into the small intestines. It would seem to me that the body would just produce more bi-carbonate to neutralize the phosphoric acid.

TBone4Eva
05-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Its all bottles here, I am not drinking it all that much I was just wondering if I should bother putting them into my Fitday Log and if so under what?
Look under soft drinks and choose the option of soft drink-cola, no sugar.

I try to list everything just so that I have a record of what I ate or drank, regardless of calories.

ogarchamplin
05-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Doc told my mom to lay off diet, was hurting her liver.

The Good http://www.aspartame.org/
The Bad http://hsv.com/pub_serv/aspertim/

seK
05-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Sweet thanks for the help guys.

Augury
05-26-2004, 06:23 PM
erm...the very bad thing about coke (and other highly fizzy drinks) is the fact they use Co2 to make the fizz. When its sitting in the bottle the Co2 dissolves into solution. when you open the lid, it fizzes (yay for science) but only some of the Co2 comes out of solution to make the fizz. the rest stays in there and is in to form of carbonic acid. This stuff will clean your silverware. i **** you not.

It attacks your teeth like nothing else. It is awful stuff. drink water. water of life. mmmmm water. im sure it will be playing havoc in your stomach too and forcing your poor body to try and counteract the sudden plummeting Ph. I really cant be bothered to find out how that works tho. too tired.

Augs

ogarchamplin
05-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Cops can use coke to clean blood off the roads

Augury
05-26-2004, 06:37 PM
I rest my case.

Oh, by the way....im pretty sure donuts make good sponges.

Coke and donuts. The mainstay of police equipment.

TBone4Eva
05-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Cops can use coke to clean blood off the roads
Aww, come on. Plain water can wash blood off roads. Give me something tough like tar or something.

ogarchamplin
05-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Aww, come on. Plain water can wash blood off roads. Give me something tough like tar or something.

http://billstclair.com/blog/stories/cokeuses.html

It's the real thing.

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coca-Cola in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and ... Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, Remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FYI:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its ph is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

TBone4Eva
05-27-2004, 08:42 AM
http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/coke.html

"We are unaware of any state patrol officers using Coke for any purpose other than refreshment. Plain water would be as effective and less costly for cleaning pavement.

"The myths about disappearing teeth, nails, steaks and various other objects are just that--myths. These stories continue to spring up and get recycled because each new generation finds them hard to ignore, but they simply are not true.

"The other claims may be true to a lesser extent because there is a small amount of edible acid present in many foods, including fruit juices, buttermilk, and soft drinks, such as Coca-Cola. It is possible that the edible acid in any of these products could have the effects described, even though it's still quite safe to drink these products. However, we don't make any claims relating to other uses. Instead, we recommend using products specifically designed for cleaning or rust removal."

ogarchamplin
05-27-2004, 09:05 AM
http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/