PDA

View Full Version : Good Veggies

Deathwish
05-24-2004, 06:13 PM
I've searched for a thread on which veggies are the best to eat...but couldn't find anything easily. So. Which veggies are good to eat? Taste wise, health wise. I want about 200 calories in vegetables in my diet. Thanx.

ryuage
05-24-2004, 06:15 PM
I usually eat brocoli, cauliflower, green beans, asparagus...

drew
05-24-2004, 06:43 PM
:withstupi

Anything green is a safe bet. But yeah, brocolli, caulliflower, asparagus, brussels srouts.

Holto
05-24-2004, 09:30 PM
anything dark

TheGimp
05-25-2004, 02:51 AM
Broccoli is the best in my opinion. Filling and a decent amount of protein. (A 300g head of broccoli contains about 100 calories and about 13g of protein).

Peas are good but can get pretty high in calories. Again they are a decent source of protein and a good source of folic acid (100g is about 60 cals 6g protein off the top of my head)

And there's a reason Popeye eats spinach.

Notice a theme? Green veggies are generally the highest in protein :)

SquareHead
05-25-2004, 02:59 AM
I eat lots of corn but that's really for entertainment value. Mostly I eat broccoli and tons and tons of raw spinach. I add spinach to everything.

Budiak
05-25-2004, 03:04 AM
Most of the vegetables I eat come in the form of peppers. Red and green bell peppers are loaded with vitamins and they're so God damned good I can eat them raw.

But by far my favorite vegetable has to be green string beans(grammatical trainwreck). I refrigerate them so they're nice and cold, and rinse them in ice cold water and just munch on them raw. They're good to eat and are probably the least messy food on my menu. Because they are so clean, you can eat them anywhere without worrying about getting crumbs and **** everywhere or staining your clothing or fingers. They're good for eating during class or at work.

Plus if people see you eating a sack of raw string beans, they will instantly admire you. Also, nobody will tell you to stop eating because they are too busy thinking about how few vegetables they themselves eat. They'll go home, buy a copy of 'Getting Stronger' and start getting their life back on track.

Change the world. Eat string beans.

SquareHead
05-25-2004, 03:22 AM
Plus if people see you eating a sack of raw string beans, they will instantly admire you. Also, nobody will tell you to stop eating because they are too busy thinking about how few vegetables they themselves eat. They'll go home, buy a copy of 'Getting Stronger' and start getting their life back on track.

Change the world. Eat string beans.

LMFAO. What is this mysterious text you refer to as 'Getting Stronger'?

Budiak
05-25-2004, 04:06 AM
It is a book by Bill Pearl. Its actually quite good. I'd say that if someone wants to get into lifting weights for whatever reason but is scared of bodybuilders, its a good place to start.

ogarchamplin
05-25-2004, 06:52 AM
The greener the better(dark)

ogarchamplin
05-25-2004, 06:55 AM
I have to look but i got a guide from The Nutrion Action Newsletter and i will scan the veggie part for ya

pruneman
05-25-2004, 07:54 AM
I think it is important to include a variety of vegetables in your diet. They contain high amounts of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Some vegetables, such as corn, peas and carrots, get a bad rep because they contain sugars. It is important to remember that they also contain a good amount of fiber plus vitamins and minerals and can be beneficial to include in your diet.

ogarchamplin
05-25-2004, 07:55 AM
You have to remember that there are starchy veggies and fiborus veggies

pruneman
05-25-2004, 08:46 AM
You have to remember that there are starchy veggies and fiborus veggies

This is true.

I think the only vegetable I really avoid is the white potato.