PDA

View Full Version : Lifting after eating

Stabber
05-25-2004, 08:09 AM
Whats the general consensus on this? This morning I had 2 small sausages, one egg and some rice. I also drank a protein shake in milk.

About 20min later I worked out and drank another protein shake. Is this ok? I didnt plan to work out this morning. I would of worked out before breakfeast if I planned on it

TheGimp
05-25-2004, 08:22 AM
Well in that particular case I think it was a good idea. You don't want to workout in the morning before breakfasting.

As for any other time, well if you can workout without feeling the effects then I'd say it's also good. Will give you energy for the workout and ensure a steady amount of protein when you're finished.

SquareHead
05-25-2004, 08:24 AM
LMFAO sorry yo. Stabber dude how many cals are you eating a day? Just curious. I think some preworkout nutrition can help you have more energy. But preworkout feasting may have some negative performance effects.

jimlynch11
05-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Prior to workouts I usually have a Nitrean shake with a packet of Carnation Instant breakfast. Gives you a good carb boost for some energy during the workout, and the protein ensures that you get maximum muscle growth because protein and amino acids are available as soon as they are needed.

Shao-LiN
05-25-2004, 09:46 AM
It's fine if your stomach can handle it. I can't eat anything about an hour or 2 before a workout other than a shake or I feel nauscious.

Berserker
05-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Hell I drink milk while working out. I never have a problem with my stomach. Do you complain about the taste of creatine and shajkes too, jk.
If I were to have a big meal then wo, and have a shake I would think you would be decent shape since you have digested everything yet. That breakfast sounds small. Throw another egg or two on.

Allyrulez
05-25-2004, 04:11 PM
I stuff my face ~30 mins before (normally cereal & ~30grams protein), and 5 minutes before eat some fruit

I would dislike being hungry while working out, that would suck to the max

carlossalsa8
05-25-2004, 05:05 PM
When I workout either running or weight lifting I have to eat 3 to 4 hours before or till I feel my stomach is almost empty.

Berserker
05-25-2004, 05:15 PM
I get hungry when working out. Feel weak if I don't. Maybe you just need to try harder.