PDA

View Full Version : My cutting diet - please critique

r1zen
05-26-2004, 07:16 AM
Morning breakfast @ 7AM
-MetRX Protein MRP (38G Protein and 240 Calories)

Snack @ 10AM
-Lowfat Yogurt (7G Protein and 100 Calories) & Few Kraft cheese blocks (about 130 calories)

Lunch @ 1PM
-Usually 2-3 skinless Chicken breasts (about 50G Protein)

Snack @ 4PM
-Protein bar (30G Protein and 300 Calories)

-Afternoon workout after work start @ about 5-5:30 PM (lasting about an hour)

Post workout Carbs/Protein consisting of a few piece of Cantelope/1 tbsp of Honey followed by a 40G protein shake (200 calories)

Dinner @ 8PM
-Usually lean beef/2 Chicken Breasts/Tuna (consisting of about 40-50G protein+)

Snack @10-11PM (depending on sleep time)
-1 cup of Pasteurized egg whites (25G Protein and 100 Calories & no carbs)
(Casein protein to prevent catabolism during night sleep?????)

**Workout routine**
Monday,Wednesday,Friday I'm in the weight room doing weights. Pretty much doing one muscle a week. Monday (Chest/Tri) Tuesday (Back/Bi) Friday (Legs/Shoulders)

Tuesday and Thursday I replace the weights with 30-45 mins of moderate intesity cardio on the tredmill/various cardio machines.
Sat or Sun (sometimes both) I'll do about 30-45 mins cardio at some point in the day.

**GOAL**
5'11 @ about 200 LBS
bf% no sure of... my guess is around 13-15%...i'll find out.

My goal is to shred up...loosing bodyfat and maintaining the hard earned muscle. I want to loose 2 lbs a week if possible on this routine...

My daily intake on Protein consists of about 210-230G per day
Calories are at about 1800-2100 a day max.

TheGimp
05-26-2004, 07:28 AM
Sounds like way too low cals for your weight. You don't want to go into starvation mode. Also looks like an absence of fat. At least 20% of your calories should come from fat for healthy hormone production.

Those post workout carbs aren't great. The sugar from the melon and honey will be predominantly fructose which refills liver glycogen when you want to be refilling muscle glycogen.

Try to have some whole food instead of the MRP and protein bar. It should keep you fuller and be more healthy.

r1zen
05-26-2004, 07:44 AM
The reason for the MRP in the morning is lack of time... I mix it with water instead of milk which is the reasoning for the lack of calories and fat.

The post workout carbs... I know they're necessary for quicker delivery of the protein to the muscles... what would be an ideal carb solution to take before/during the post workout shake?

You also say low cals...does this mean muscle catabolism will most likely occur due to too low of calories?

r1zen
05-26-2004, 07:48 AM
I forgot to mention

The reason I keep the calories so low is because no matter how hard I try... I can't loose this excess fat around my gut. I've tried alot of htings and I figured keeping my calories low is the only thing I can really do....

TheGimp
05-26-2004, 08:23 AM
The problem with going too low cals means that your metabolism will slow to a crawl and your weight loss will do the same. You could try incorporating weekly refeeds to reset your metabolism.

I'm sure your lack of fat is not helping. Your testosterone levels will suffer as a result of this.

Dextrose and Maltodextrin are a good source of postworkout carbs. If you can't find this then sweets such as smarties are basically dextrose or a bagel or two would be acceptable. Basically most carb sources except fruit, although fruit is still good to eat at other times due to its health benefits.

r1zen
05-26-2004, 10:40 AM
A weekly refeed consisting of maybe a 2500-3000 calorie day?

TheGimp
05-26-2004, 11:50 AM
Sounds good. Give it a go for a couple of weeks and see how you progress.